Author Topic: Free Zoom Event: Discovering the Creative Potential of Low-Fi Cameras...  (Read 793 times)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
Hi,

I thought you all might be interested in this new, free zoom webinar happening April 25 at 7PM EST:

Title: Break Away From Technology:Discovering the Creative Potential of Low-Fi Cameras
with Susan Bowen

Link to register: https://ny.apanational.org/events/entry/break-away-from-technology-discovering-the-creative-potential-of-low-fi-cam/

Francois

• Self-Coat
Do we know her from the old Toycamera forums?
I'm really wondering...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
I don't know. I can ask her. She is a member photographer at Soho Photo Gallery though.

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
I asked her and she said not really active there. Just went there once in a while to answer questions.

Francois

• Self-Coat
That's pretty much what I was thinking.
I must say that this site crashed and burned in a very spectacular way.
Francois

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat

Yes. I can't remember the details, but didn't have something to do with that toy camera book by someone who'd taken content off the site? 

Francois

• Self-Coat

Yes. I can't remember the details, but didn't have something to do with that toy camera book by someone who'd taken content off the site? 
I don't know as I had dropped out of the site by the time Nic Nichols took over from Mike Barnes.
But I remember the huge mess when Mike had some new custom forum software created and decided to implement a multi-tiered payable site. Lets just say it didn't come out well to the users. There was also some infighting between some members. That's when I completely moved here.
Francois