Author Topic: Cheap colour process & scan  (Read 829 times)

Suzi Livingstone

• Sheet Film
    • Suzi Livingstone Photography
Cheap colour process & scan
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:14 AM »
I just got this email from Genie Imaging:

Alas, I have no colour to process right now..

Take advantage of a great deal this June.
All process and scanning of 35mm and 120 colour films is now the same price - that's just £5.99!
That's a full dip and dunk E6 or C41 professional process and a quality scan of each image so why not try to save yourself hours of scanning time and see some sunshine?

Our scans are approx 12-14mb for 120 and 18MB for 35mm. All files are cleaned by infra red scan (so we know what's dust) and then balanced in Adobe Lightroom.They are burnt to cd and returned with your film.

This promotion must end on midnight on 30-6-2011

All our quoted prices are exclusive of Vat.
The Genie Imaging Team
020 8772 1700 or onlineorders@genieimaging.co.uk

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
Re: Cheap colour process & scan
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:16:30 PM »
I wish I was in the UK!

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
I've been using Genie for a while for occasional C41 but the last lot I had done (about a month ago) were awful. Scratched and covered in dust. I won't be using them again and wouldn't recommend them to others.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Suzi Livingstone

• Sheet Film
    • Suzi Livingstone Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
I've been using Genie for a while for occasional C41 but the last lot I had done (about a month ago) were awful. Scratched and covered in dust. I won't be using them again and wouldn't recommend them to others.

Wow, I've been using them (mainly for b&w) for a while now and never had any problems at all. Always had excellent service in fact. I haven't shot any colour since last summer & I'm trying out other processing labs too.

Scratches are not acceptable I hope you contacted them and at least got refunded/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:47:46 PM by Suzi Livingstone »

thil

• 35mm PHOTO bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
hi all,
just to let you know that this guy is doing an admirable job of maintaining a database of worldwide analogue photo labs:

http://www.photomfa.com/photo-lab-house

patois

• I run p
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
Hey that's me!

My geodcoding sucks for places outside of the US (i'm working on it.) but I get a lot of info from being filling out this survey.

I would very much appreciate it if filmwasters would add their favorite labs because my site is starting to do well in google for search related to people just getting back into analog photography and we want to send those people to awesome labs and not lame ones.

Thanks
Gordon

thil

• 35mm PHOTO bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
hah!
should've guessed that you were already a FW  ::)