Author Topic: TtV - Imagination at Play!  (Read 2610 times)

russmorris

TtV - Imagination at Play!
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:04:59 AM »
Many of you here at Filmwasters are pioneers when it comes to home-made lenses, so I thought you might enjoy seeing what some folks are doing with old viewfinder cameras. Check out the Through the Viewfinder pool on flickr and then take a look at some of the "contraptions" folks are inventing.

I know it's not film, but it really is quite interesting.

lauraburlton

• Peel Apart
    • laura burlton photography
Re: TtV - Imagination at Play!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 04:38:10 AM »
I have seen quite a bit of this on flickr and have been very intrigued to say the least. Mr E is my fave shooter of this genre so far but I had no idea there was a pool. Fabulous! I am usually strickly film but it is because I like the look. But I love these! Thanks for the link, Im gonna have to get riggin up something soon :)

russmorris

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 06:21:29 AM »
I put together a tutorial and created a set of plans for a fairly simple contraption to use on the original Kodak Duaflex. Have fun with it!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 04:23:07 PM »
I read about those a while ago (I think it was in Hub magazine... can't remember) but never got aroud to trying it out.
I did get around to doing some lens hacking. Crazy what you can do with a tube of Pringles potato chips and lots of tapeĀ  ;D
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.