Author Topic: Classic Pan Film  (Read 2458 times)

jrong

• 35mm
    • Artemisworks
Classic Pan Film
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »
So has anyone tried this Classic Pan film, and do they like it? It's supposed to have a high silver content, and the 1950's look, but I find this "look" very difficult to quantify. Can anyone really explain what this means exactly?

Any samples to show? :)

Jin
ArtemisWorks Photography | www.artemisworks.plus.com
Anti-digital Militant :-)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: Classic Pan Film
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:35:32 PM »
Hello!  I've ued both 200 and 400 classic pan films in 120 roll. hey are both great and take to pyro/ catechol developers well, giving lots of good stain, and minimised grain.  They can be quite grainy in other developers.  They have a slightly increased sensitivity to red so can give nice dark (blue) skies , especially if used with a red filter - although no IR snow-like grass or anything.  The worse thang about them in my book, is they curl like mad and I have never been able to straighten out a roll, making them a nightmare to handle (as they spring out of your hands) and get flat in the neg carrier.  If they stayed flat, I'd use them all the time for my toy camera stuff - I really like the accutance when I use pyrocat with the 400 film.

Example ...

[attachment deleted by admin]
L.

jrong

• 35mm
    • Artemisworks
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »
Wow, I can see the curve, even in your scan!

The tones look quite good though.

I can only imagine that if 120 film is this curly, that 35mm will only be worse.

How do they do after spending a month underneath a phone directory?

:-[

Jin
ArtemisWorks Photography | www.artemisworks.plus.com
Anti-digital Militant :-)

chricela

• Black and White Film Process
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 01:57:44 AM »
Adorama sent me an email, today. They have  FujiFilm Neopan 100 B&W 35mm 36 exp for $1.89 per roll.
Here is the link :
http://www.adorama.com/FJNP10036.html?emailprice=t&sid=1150505561631178
For anyone interested :)
Chricel