Author Topic: Azo b&w photography paper......reborn  (Read 3545 times)

chricela

• Black and White Film Process
Azo b&w photography paper......reborn
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:46:36 PM »
Hi everyone,
I came across this article.
 http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2006-05-10-photography-survival_x.htm?POE=click-refer
Has anyone ever used Kodaks Azo paper?
Chricel

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
Re: Azo b&w photography paper......reborn
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:24:53 PM »
I heard Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee talk about this venture during the Silver Conference last Spring.
But I thought they said that they were resurrecting it under another product name.
Either way--it's a good thing.

warren

• Currently distracted.
    • That...was my foot.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:52:14 PM »
I haven't done much but the 4x5 contact printing I did do and the subsequent selenium toning are unmatched by anything I've ever seen. I'm dying to get my hands on more. It really is in a class all its own.

Tammy

• momentsofmine
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:27:30 PM »
I have lost track of what was being done with this paper.

It's a very beautiful paper, and the only thing I contact print on.  I only have a little bit of old stock Grade 2.  Use it with Amidol and selenium toned just to warm it up.  Very nice.

Ron

• Alt Photos
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 04:10:32 AM »
I had heard about this before and have seen a short clip of Michael talking about it.  Thanks for sharing - great news!  They are calling it Lodima Fine Art, per their website.  I have always wanted to try Azo paper due to the fact I do quite a bit of contact printing.  Geez, if you ever get a chance to view a copy of Michael's, Landscapes: 1975–1979, don't hesitate.  The images are all hand-tipped and there's an original print in there, too.  Paula's work is certainly outstanding, also.