Author Topic: Taking Little Leica for walkies  (Read 1496 times)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
Taking Little Leica for walkies
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
I am a proud owner of a Leica, admittedly the Z2X it is quite probably the cheapest one that they ever made, but it is a Leica. I didn’t really buy it for the name though. A lot of photographs that I take are with the Lomography Ethos in mind, and the reason for this is that if I set out to get the perfect photograph every time then I would never photograph anything as I usually don’t have quite enough time to spend on it, or would procrastinate until I didn’t. So I choose to ignore or follow the Ten Golden Rules of Lomography as I see fit, particularly the last one:

•   Don’t worry about any rules

I often take the camera with me when I go for a walk as it is small enough for a jacket pocket, quick and easy to use, lightweight, and, well, generally just quite a handy thing to have in your pocket.

Here are some snaps from some of those walks which I appreciate are not high on artistic merit, but for me, and I don’t think I articulate this very well, they are something I would rather have than not, plus something else that I can’t quite seem to find the words for.

Here is a link to these plus several more from the same camera.

http://verianthomas.com/?p=158#jp-carousel-463
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Taking Little Leica for walkies
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »
While I am sure there are Leica elitists out there who would give you a good scolding for (a.) putting it in your pocket instead of hanging it around your neck proudly for the world to see, and/or (b.) daring to use Leica and Lomography in the same sentence, I must say that these photos are very pleasing in 'hard to describe' way you mentioned. I did find myself feeling a little bad for what looks like a very old tree that has been cut down.

Please keep ignoring the rules and sharing your photos!  :D

~James
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
Thanks James. My Z2X is very much the poor relation of the Leica family, I think many might demand a DNA test before even acknowledging any lineage!

The tree is actually a sculpture, although it does just look like a tree that's been cut down, I think they had to remove one from the gardens and brought somebody in to do something with it. The image attached is a bit more of it.
verianthomas.com

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »
For no real reason other than I quite like it, here's a boy following some ducks.

verianthomas.com