Author Topic: Come on you Blues  (Read 2084 times)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
Come on you Blues
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:23:49 AM »
My best friend is a huge Chelsea fan, and he brainwashed my son into becoming one as well, so by default, I am also a Chelsea fan. I went to my first game before my son was born (he's 15 now so I can confidently say that I am not jumping on any bandwagon!). It was vs Brugge in the cup winners cup (a quick google tells me this was 16 March 1995, goals by Stein and Furlong 2-1 on aggregate after a 0-1 loss away, it was a hell of a night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21dc6FDz8Q#t=24).

Not his first game, but we took my son to the Chelsea vs Stoke FA cup game and I took a few pictures with a Leica Z2X and ilford HP5 and developed and scanned them at home.

Oh, Chelsea won 1-0 with a cracking free kick from Oscar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8vZ5Bvesg).

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:35:48 AM by Verian »
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
Re: Come on you Blues
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »
Good to have you back Verian

I too am a fan of the Blues, but of the East Anglian vareity, since 1975. Never seen them live however, not having lived in England since 1979 may have something to do with it :(

Its a good thing to see the young get passionate about something at an early age, it will stick for life.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:10:59 AM »
Nice photos; but for me the wrong team.

I'm also a fan of the blues - Manchester City - since 1967 (when I attended my first ever game as a 6 year old).

I used to have a soft spot when Chelsea's team included Bonetti, Harris, Webb, Osgood, Cooke, Hudson, Hollins, Hutchinson and Droy. Great antidote for the thuggery that was Leeds united at that time.... :o
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:07:50 PM »
Good to have you back Verian

I too am a fan of the Blues, but of the East Anglian vareity, since 1975. Never seen them live however, not having lived in England since 1979 may have something to do with it :(

Its a good thing to see the young get passionate about something at an early age, it will stick for life.

Thanks Ezzie. It's damn expensive to see them nowadays, I tend to only go to a game or two a year, usually FA cup because the tickets are cheaper.
verianthomas.com

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
Nice photos; but for me the wrong team.

I'm also a fan of the blues - Manchester City - since 1967 (when I attended my first ever game as a 6 year old).

I used to have a soft spot when Chelsea's team included Bonetti, Harris, Webb, Osgood, Cooke, Hudson, Hollins, Hutchinson and Droy. Great antidote for the thuggery that was Leeds united at that time.... :o

Man City eh? Never mind, we all have our crosses to bear, so many painful years as a City fan! still, they are doing a bit better nowadays.
verianthomas.com

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »
Same Camera, Different Day. (Chelsea 3 - 0 Watford, FA CUP)

The light was awful but there wasn't much I could do about it with a point and shoot. Developed with a Tetenal C41 kit.

verianthomas.com

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
Should be an interesting game next weekend...... ;)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »
Against Bradford, home win
verianthomas.com