Author Topic: Danny Lyon at Atlas Gallery in London  (Read 764 times)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Danny Lyon at Atlas Gallery in London
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:58:21 AM »
Just stumbled across the fact that Atlas Gallery in London is showing Danny Lyon's Biker photos. I love Danny's work, particularly the photos he created of bikers,  the civil rights movement and the no longer existing area of Manhattan that was known as radio row that was leveled to make way for the World Trade Center. I had the opportunity to see Danny speak when he was in town a couple of years ago and he showed some of his Civil Rights era work as well as more contemporary photos he took of the occupy movement.

Sadly I am nowhere near London. There seems to be a large body of water in the way. Has anyone been to see the exhibit? Anyone have plans to go?

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
Re: Danny Lyon at Atlas Gallery in London
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
Sadly I am nowhere near London. There seems to be a large body of water in the way.

Did you try going around it on the left?

;)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: Danny Lyon at Atlas Gallery in London
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
Wow. This exhibition looks great. Thanks for the tip. I'm in London at the moment so will try to get along, but Baker Street isn't do-able for me at lunch time (which is when I do the majority of my gallery-ing). Will see whether I can get an extra hour off at some point....

Address: 49 Dorset St, London W1U 7NF
Phone:020 7224 4192
http://www.atlasgallery.com/atlas.php