Which Board? > Articles

Projecting in reverse

(1/2) > >>

jojonas~:
It seems like every summer I get a hankering for putting darkroom papers more or less light tight boxes and let the sun get to work on it.

This week I was out shopping and decided to take a peek in at the local flying tiger. Scored a cheap and simple phone projector with a nice and big focusing lens. I felt right away that it was big enough to put some small papers in there.
(I also scored some cyanotype papers they sold, gonna try them later)

Either way, after checking the focus and taping up the box a bit, I took it out and let it sit for 40 minutes with a photo paper inside. 20 min would probably been enough but it was my first time shooting through a mirror so I gave it a bit extra time.

Next shot I'll try inside, keeping the exposure shorter and develop the paper with caffenol.

jojonas~:
oh, I redid the instructions when I was waiting for the exposure too :D

I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the top part to check focus/composition. that and maybe sort out a holder for the paper inside with a lid that I'd be able to pull back from the back side

Francois:
That's like a big Polaroid in a way. The bonus part is that you get a correctly oriented image (left to right).
You should glue some wood strips on the inside corners, that would definitely take care of the light leaks.

jojonas~:

--- Quote from: Francois on July 08, 2022, 09:27:06 PM ---That's like a big Polaroid in a way. The bonus part is that you get a correctly oriented image (left to right).
You should glue some wood strips on the inside corners, that would definitely take care of the light leaks.

--- End quote ---
good idea! I'd held up surprisingly well, sitting in the sun like that already though. :)

Francois:
I must admit that cyanotype is probably the best emulsion for this considering how little sensitivity it has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version