Author Topic: Fujifilm 35mm Motion Picture Stock Liquidation  (Read 7486 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Fujifilm 35mm Motion Picture Stock Liquidation
« on: February 04, 2015, 06:47:22 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone here would be interested in this but I thought I would pass it along.  I think this is all motion picture stock which Fuji stopped producing over a year ago and is probably trying to get rid of the last of it.  It might be good if you like CineStill but it probably has a remjet backing.  There is a six roll minimum, that's a lot of film if you're shooting stills, probably more than a lifetime supply.  I got this from the Filmshooting Forum which discusses mostly small format cine film like 16mm, Super 8 and Regular 8mm. 

George Gush of Fujifilm has to liquidate their holdings of 35mm stock. If it's not purchased, it'll be destroyed. So please pass this information around, post it online- let's get this stock to the people who need it. Below are specs, George's message and contact information.
Also, please note that Fuji will continue to manufacture Fujifilm 4791 for black and white YCM separations.
Best wishes,
Elena Rossi-Snook
Chair, AMIA Film Advocacy Task Force
Here's all that's left and it's still TEN cents a foot! A six roll minimum order is required:
Fujifilm 4511 color intermediate= 129 rolls of 1750's
Fujifilm 4503 color intermediate= 262 rolls of 2250's
When it's gone, there will be no more manufactured.
George Gush
Technical Sales Manager
Fujifilm North American Motion Picture Group
6200 Phyllis Drive
Cypress, CA 90630
Office phone : 714-372-4337
Toll Free: 1-888-424-FUJI (3854) Ext. 4337
Mobile: 1-818-397-1886
Fax: 1-714-894-6018.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Fujifilm 35mm Motion Picture Stock Liquidation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »
James Harr is going to buy it all.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
Ten cents a foot is tempting... What the heck! 6x1750=10500 ft. That's only $1050 and if I get tired of shooting it, I can wallpaper my house with it. Besides, Mike and Don will go in on a group buy.  ;D

Seriously though, if we could get 100 filmwasters to group buy it, that would be $10.50 for 105 ft. So everyone start sending PM's to Satish and he'll let us know when the list reaches 100.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:39:35 PM by jharr »
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 02:25:00 AM »
Besides, Mike and Don will go in on a group buy.
Sounds good... Wait, what?

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 04:49:19 AM »
Ten cents a foot is tempting... What the heck! 6x1750=10500 ft. That's only $1050 and if I get tired of shooting it, I can wallpaper my house with it. Besides, Mike and Don will go in on a group buy.  ;D

Seriously though, if we could get 100 filmwasters to group buy it, that would be $10.50 for 105 ft. So everyone start sending PM's to Satish and he'll let us know when the list reaches 100.

We're already at 99! Who's going to be #100???  :o

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 07:19:00 AM »
For 10 bucks 50? Sure! Eeh, exactly what are we talking about?  :o
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »
Okay, Eirik's in. Go ahead and write that check Satish, then re-spool all of the film into 105 ft lengths and send them out. I'm sure everyone will reimburse you promptly. Wait, isn't Rasso on the forum now? Shouldn't he be doing all of this?
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »
Besides, Mike and Don will go in on a group buy.
Sounds good... Wait, what?

Haha, Ya I think Mike will balk at that one, especially since I am realizing I forgot to pay him for the last group buy! (Sorry Mike I will contact you to beg for forgiveness on that one and pay you today!!!)

But I feel obliged (to once again  ::) ) post this:

---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 04:43:50 PM »
Okay, Eirik's in. Go ahead and write that check Satish, then re-spool all of the film into 105 ft lengths and send them out. I'm sure everyone will reimburse you promptly. Wait, isn't Rasso on the forum now? Shouldn't he be doing all of this?

Too late, I already wallpapered my apartment with it. Then I had enough left over to melt it down and mold it into a light-sensitive PBone

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 04:55:35 PM »

Too late, I already wallpapered my apartment with it. Then I had enough left over to melt it down and mold it into a light-sensitive PBone
What!? You could have at least made everyone a vuvuzela! Then we could all dunk them in Rodinal 1:100 for an hour and watch the hidden image of the devil emerge (it is his instrument after all). Ah well, enjoy the wallpaper.
Flickr
Blogger

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »
Dang it, I hate when I start thinking about this sort of shit with anything approaching a serious manner...

Would Fujifilm 4511 and 4503 color intermediate have remjets? (Not that I want 6 rolls of 1,760 feet, even with Mike and Jame's help)
---------------

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »
I think these do have remjet.  I believe they are for making copies of movies.  Remjet is not hard to remove if you want to process it yourself but I'm sure a lab would be upset if you sent it in and gunked up their equipment.

http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=7635.0

Other uses would be to make bows or weave baskets.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 06:15:03 PM »
Thanks, Bryan! As long as it has Remjet on it I can talk myself out of buying a lifetime of colour film! I will admit that I take no particular delight in processing my own film -- the novelty has worn off and I do have better things to do -- so I will not lock myself into a lifetime of C41 processing (which buying a many furlongs of remjet laden film would do).
---------------

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
That would be quite a commitment to one film stock, one that I have very little interest in.  If it was color reversal I would think about having it slit and perforated to 8mm.  I would probably wear out all of my cameras before I got through it all.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 07:34:28 PM »
Thanks, Bryan! As long as it has Remjet on it I can talk myself out of buying a lifetime of colour film! I will admit that I take no particular delight in processing my own film -- the novelty has worn off and I do have better things to do -- so I will not lock myself into a lifetime of C41 processing (which buying a many furlongs of remjet laden film would do).
I'm getting there too, but I just can't bring myself to pay $10/roll for CN developing when I can buy a Unicolor 1L kit for <$20 and process a dozen or more rolls. My time is worth something, but as long as I don't dread it, I'll keep souping my own. By the way, the Fuji remjet is much more amenable to 'premoval' than is the Kodak (so I've read). In my experience it also comes off in a post blix washing soda bath without much fuss.
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »
I'm getting there too, but I just can't bring myself to pay $10/roll for CN developing when I can buy a Unicolor 1L kit for <$20 and process a dozen or more rolls. My time is worth something, but as long as I don't dread it, I'll keep souping my own. By the way, the Fuji remjet is much more amenable to 'premoval' than is the Kodak (so I've read). In my experience it also comes off in a post blix washing soda bath without much fuss.

Me too. Everytime I develop C41 I throw up my hands and say "this is the last time!" But then the next time comes around and there's no way I'm going to pay $9 to have it done right at a pro shop or even $2 to have it done wrong at Duane Reade :D

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 12:39:59 AM »
Sorry Mike I will contact you to beg for forgiveness on that one and pay you today

Too much snowboarding! ;D

Doesn't matter as I haven't given it to you yet!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:43:45 AM by Hungry Mike »

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 04:43:12 AM »
Sorry Mike I will contact you to beg for forgiveness on that one and pay you today

Too much snowboarding! ;D

Doesn't matter as I haven't given it to you yet!

Too much sonwboarding?  I haven't been up yet this year.  The ski areas that are open barely have enough snow and when I have time to go it's raining up there.  I haven't missed a season in 24 years.   :(

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »
The ski areas that are open barely have enough snow and when I have time to go it's raining up there

You're on the west coast right? We're in Ontario and we got loads of snow. I think it was only really a problem for us in December.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »
Even in Quebec we have snow up to our hips. Plenty of the white stuff and I live in a part of the province that gets little snow.
In the townships, it's snow up to their eyeballs!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »
Even in Quebec we have snow up to our hips. Plenty of the white stuff and I live in a part of the province that gets little snow.
In the townships, it's snow up to their eyeballs!

Yeah, rub it in, we never get much snow in the lowlands where most people live around here but the mountains usually get a lot of snow.  Mount Baker in Washington holds the world record for seasonal snowfall (95 feet/29 meters) beating out Mount Rainier, the previous record holder, also in Washington.  It's an El Nino year, warm and wet for us.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »
What an insane amount of now. Good god that must translate into a lot of rain. And to think I was hoping to have a bake sale to come out west for some proper riding this year :-(
---------------

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »
What an insane amount of now. Good god that must translate into a lot of rain. And to think I was hoping to have a bake sale to come out west for some proper riding this year :-(

Wait for a La Nina year, that's when we get good snow.  I remember that season and a few that were close to it.  they had to dig a channel out under the chair lifts so they weren't dragging in the snow.  In the chair you would look up at people skiing past.  The season lasted into summer at a few ski areas including Baker.  I was up there in June that year and they still had plenty of snow.  They probably had more snow at the higher elevations on the mountain but they don't keep track of it up there.  The top of the ski area is at around 5,000 feet and the top of the mountain is over 10,000 feet. 

If you do come out west to go skiing I recommend Whistler/Blackomb in BC, that's by far the largest ski area in North America and a very nice resort.  Over 5,000 vertical feet, if the conditions are bad at the bottom just stay at the top.  If you want powder the Rockies are best for that, Colorado and Utah.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 11:19:25 PM »
 Ya I have a pal that was instructing at whistler - I am getting him into film BTW and expect h here soon - and the stories he tells this boy from Ontario make me weep!
---------------

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »
But you know, things are not always as great as they seem in powder country. It gets in your face, your eyes, your ears and down your neck... Just drives you crazy.

I know that's a big help ;)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »
Haha. I wish I had that problem!
---------------

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »
I used to be a lifty in Vail, Colorado rocks!

France for me this year in march