Author Topic: Baby's first weekend thread  (Read 1788 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Baby's first weekend thread
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »
Took the day off of work (have an early gig this afternoon) so I get to kick off the weekend!

Taken in Philly on a Canonet, illustrating that necessity is the mother of invention: it was a blazingly bright day and I was shooting Tri-X at 400, but I wanted to give some motion to the water. The only filters I had were a red, polarizer, and closeup. So in violation of my own unwritten policies, I stacked the red and polarizer (a polarizer on a rangefinder? why not!) and got to about 1/30 at F/16. The problem is that the sky became way too dark, so I cheated and lightened it a bit in Lightroom ;)

Developed in D76 that was donated to me by Miguel. I had forgotten how long it takes to dissolve that stuff  ::)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:58:14 PM by Indofunk »

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
Re: Baby's first weekend thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:03:22 PM »
It also helps when you follow the instructions on the package, you know.

God
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Ilford FP4+, Red Filter and developed in Rodinal 1:25
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »

Psshhhtt. Since when have I ever followed these "instruction" things you talk about?  ::)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 03:27:59 PM »
I've often wondered what made the fountain designer think "you know, I think what this needs is a tortoise spraying water on a naked guy's junk," but my brain is not exactly right, so it's probably best to ignore me.

Mine are from a semi-recent stroll through a local preserve.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
Happy weekend everyone. This one is from 2014 - Indofunk's fountain is also a popular bathing area when the weather is right :-)

Zeiss Ikon/28mmBiogon/Portra160

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »
Some Diptych fun with my new Mercury II.  The film is expired Panatomic-X developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 13 minutes.  I am surprised how sharp the Tricor lens is on this camera. 

Tug Boat & Fishing Boat Diptych by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Basenji Diptych by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Abandoned Warehouse Diptych by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »

Psshhhtt. Since when have I ever followed these "instruction" things you talk about?  ::)

And sometimes they're not even correct.........

Contax N1 / Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.0 / Ilford HP5+ in Xtol
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 11:07:22 PM »
There's a fountain in the distance ... Jardin des Tuleries, Paris, Tri-X in a Fujifilm GA645Zi

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 03:52:17 AM »
FP100C composite, shot in a Fuji FP-1

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 02:04:32 PM »
There are a number of car-related events locally in late April and early May. I managed to find time for the "bookends", two weeks ago: the Porsche Club meet at Fontana Speedway on Saturday, and a Model A Club meeting on Sunday.

Color: Hasselblad 501 CM, 50mm Distagon FLE, Porta 400
B+W: Leica M4-P, 50mm Summicron, and my first roll of Agfa APX 100. I quite like the qualitities in this image and need to figure out how to replicate the look.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
Funny but I just love how the exterior became solarized...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 12:11:01 AM »
Please pardon me if I am violating protocol but here is a link to the video of the taking of these photos.  I don’t have enough of a command of the local hip street-talk to be able to translate exactly what the young woman said about me taking her photograph but I’m pretty sure that, if she were my actual grand-daughter, she might not make such a joke directly at me.  No harm done.  I deserved her dark humor for taking her picture without permission.

Both pictures were taken during a walk on the Rua das Flores in Porto, Portugal on Fomapan 100 (asa 400) in an Yashica Electro 35 and semi-stand developed in RO9.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zs8mdgnf8ba31w/As%20Mo%C3%A7as%20e%20o%20Lixo.mov?dl=0

Porto, Portugal by William Blackstone, on Flickr

Porto, Portugal by William Blackstone, on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »
Funny but I just love how the exterior became solarized...

I wasn't sure what was happening there. I exposed for the dark area on the right (f5.6 at 1/2 sec) and kept the exposure the same throughout. I was expecting a silhouette at the window but got this instead (more interesting than a silhouette).

The white bars are black IRL and I don't remember the view out the window except that it didn't look like that.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »
I don't know why but I find that the Fuji instant films solarize really easily. The worse ones are the Instax. They always give me blue suns....
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
Back just in time to participate in this thread. Great birdhouse, O2Pilot! And I also love the Porsche, Earl.

The following two shots where taken with a Zenza Bronica SQ-A on Fomapan 100 (developed in Caffenol) with an ND 1000 filter. They were exposed for several minutes. I'm quite happy how they turned out because Fomapan 100 has terrible reciprocity failure. There's a great formula to calculate the reciprocity failure here. It's more accurate than most apps or tables that I found.

Untitled by C S

Untitled by C S

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 02:58:21 PM »
Back just in time to participate in this thread. Great birdhouse, O2Pilot! And I also love the Porsche, Earl.

Thanks! The owner/driver was an interesting guy. Very proud in keeping his car looking like a real, working racer and not a garage queen; the current vinyl/mylar wrap craze here has too many vehicles looking like Hot Wheels cars. Also, when he saw that I was shooting with the Hasselblad, he said that he had owned a Rollei SL66 and was impressed that I was one of the few (if not only one) at the event shooting film.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 01:14:46 AM »
I don't know why but I find that the Fuji instant films solarize really easily. The worse ones are the Instax. They always give me blue suns....

Ok, now I have yet another reason to get an Instax ;D