Author Topic: One Subject, One Roll - Trees  (Read 1578 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
One Subject, One Roll - Trees
« on: December 24, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Last weekend, Lara and I went to see David Higgs' "Weald" exhibition of platinum printed photos of the Ashdown Forest.  It's a beautiful body of work and one which I would recommend anyone within striking distance to make the effort to see, in person.

As the weather forecast was reasonable for this time of year - i.e. relatively mild and low risk of rain - I took a couple of my most recent acquisitions with me to try out.  All went reasonably well other than I managed to forget to take my Hasselblad quick release plate and the camera body proved to have a thread to wide for the tripod mount. 

Consequently, I was shooting my "new" 503cx with Zeiss / Hasselblad CFT* and 120mm Makro-Planar lenses wide open (f4) and hand held with the fastest shutter speed being 1/60th (but down to 1/15th on a couple of shots) using Ilford XP2 Super rated at ISO 200. 

Anyway, with apologies to Donkey (Dave) whose photos were the inspiration and are infinitely better than my feeble attempts, here's the results:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:46:53 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: One Subject, One Roll - Trees
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »
...and the final three

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »
Nice, Paul, a fine result of one roll..
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »
Great, I don't know what it is but there is something special about trees

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »
Nice set there Paul .
 It's a pity, when I went the gallery was closed on a week day. I was travelling between jobs so no real time to stop and shoot but the forest did look inviting and you have done it justice. Maybe we could get a meet, under Davids' guidance one weekend in the spring.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 09:40:58 AM »
Nice set there Paul .
 It's a pity, when I went the gallery was closed on a week day. I was travelling between jobs so no real time to stop and shoot but the forest did look inviting and you have done it justice. Maybe we could get a meet, under Davids' guidance one weekend in the spring.

Sounds like a plan to me - and possibly the catalyst for a Spring FW "get-together".  I need little persuasion to get involved in such things, so let's keep moving this forward and see who wants to support it.  If just you, Dave and me, then that's fine too.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Wonderful set Paul! Trees always make a good subject, don't they? :)
I like the 2nd and 3rd of the first part best!