Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 843955 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #850 on: August 02, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
Yup, it's just the rangefinder part of a ... rangefinder :P I tested it vs my Canonet's rangefinder and it seems to be a foot or so off, but that's not really that big a deal. Especially since I plan to use it with my XA, where 1 foot is about a millionth of an inch in either direction :)

Do you have a tape measure?  That might be a better reference.  And I'm talking like up to 12 feet or so.  That's where I would need it.

Ok, test vs tape measure:

tape measure       Ideal Range Finder
3'                          3.5'
6'                          6'
9'                          8'
12'                        10'
15'                        12'
18'                        12'

So it looks like it's really good at measuring 6' :) Useless piece of junk  :o

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #851 on: August 02, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
Yup, it's just the rangefinder part of a ... rangefinder :P I tested it vs my Canonet's rangefinder and it seems to be a foot or so off, but that's not really that big a deal. Especially since I plan to use it with my XA, where 1 foot is about a millionth of an inch in either direction :)

Do you have a tape measure?  That might be a better reference.  And I'm talking like up to 12 feet or so.  That's where I would need it.

Thank you. 

Give me $10 bucks and I'll take it?

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #852 on: August 02, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »

Thank you. 

Give me $10 bucks and I'll take it?

I'll trade you for another piece of junk that was made 10 blocks from my apartment in 1955.

(btw, I finally GMapped 12-10 Broadway, and it's where the Bel-Aire Diner is! A total Astoria landmark. Touted for at least the last 16 years as "Astoria's most famous diner!" or something like that)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #853 on: August 02, 2014, 09:46:49 PM »
I just found this at a Garage Sale yesterday and couldn't walk away from it.  The entire kit was $175 without a lens.  I slapped an old Kodak Kodar 131mm f:7.9 lens on it to check it out.  I need to get another lens board to put my Ilex Paragon Anastigmat f:4.5 E.F. 5 1/2"/140mm lens and Ilex No. 3 Acme Synchro shutter on it.  I may take a few shots with the Kodak lens to see how it does.  I'm not sure I got a great deal on it but at least I could check it out before buying it and didn't have to pay shipping.  The guy I bought it from used to be a professional photographer who did portraits and landscapes.  Now I need to start shooting more 4x5 film.  I already have some Polaroid backs for when I get my New 55 film. 

the Kit includes:
Graflex Corwn Graphic camera body
Kalart Synchronized Range Finder.
4 - 4x5 film holders.
Graphic Film Pack Adapter.
Grafmatic Film Holder.
"22" Graphic 120 film back.
Graflex Graflite I-Cell Extension Tube.
Graflex Flash.
Metal case.

Graflex Crown Graphic by bac1967, on Flickr

That's quite a setup you got. And you got all the nice accessories that go with it to boot! Very nice.

The camera is the Pacemaker Crown Graphic. The second version has a rangefinder mounted on top.
On yours, the secret button is on the top side under the leatherette.
The leather tends to dry-up and crack on these. On mine, I used some mink oil to clean and revitalize the leather. You'll really see a difference once you do this.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #854 on: August 02, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »
I just found this at a Garage Sale yesterday and couldn't walk away from it.  The entire kit was $175 without a lens.  I slapped an old Kodak Kodar 131mm f:7.9 lens on it to check it out.  I need to get another lens board to put my Ilex Paragon Anastigmat f:4.5 E.F. 5 1/2"/140mm lens and Ilex No. 3 Acme Synchro shutter on it.  I may take a few shots with the Kodak lens to see how it does.  I'm not sure I got a great deal on it but at least I could check it out before buying it and didn't have to pay shipping.  The guy I bought it from used to be a professional photographer who did portraits and landscapes.  Now I need to start shooting more 4x5 film.  I already have some Polaroid backs for when I get my New 55 film. 

the Kit includes:
4 - 4x5 film holders.
Grafmatic Film Holder.
Graflex Flash.
Metal case.

That's quite a setup you got. And you got all the nice accessories that go with it to boot! Very nice.

The camera is the Pacemaker Crown Graphic. The second version has a rangefinder mounted on top.
On yours, the secret button is on the top side under the leatherette.
The leather tends to dry-up and crack on these. On mine, I used some mink oil to clean and revitalize the leather. You'll really see a difference once you do this.

Thanks Francois, I'll try the mink oil.  When I got it home I couldn't figure out how to open it, I thought something was broken.  I found a YouTube video that showed where the button was.  I just purchased a blank lens board that I will have to drill out 2" to fit my Ilex shutter on it.  It's hard to find a #2 lens board for these.  I need to find some bulbs for that flash.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #855 on: August 03, 2014, 07:19:46 AM »
- just ebayed an "Ideal Range Finder" ... don't really need it, but the kicker (other than the low price) was this original certificate which places the Federal Instrument Corp about 12 blocks from my apartment! At least in 1955 ;)

If you can open it you'll probably find the mirror sits on a pivot and is held back by a spring.  Good chance that the grease on the pivot is jammy and need cleaning and some fresh light grease.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2014, 03:22:13 AM »
- just ebayed an "Ideal Range Finder" ... don't really need it, but the kicker (other than the low price) was this original certificate which places the Federal Instrument Corp about 12 blocks from my apartment! At least in 1955 ;)

If you can open it you'll probably find the mirror sits on a pivot and is held back by a spring.  Good chance that the grease on the pivot is jammy and need cleaning and some fresh light grease.

I was going to open it up yesterday, but couldn't find my medium flathead screwdriver so I immediately gave up :D I'll certainly pop it open at some point though, and regrease the pivot.

To re-ask a question I've asked before, is lighter fluid the cleaner of choice, or is there something better? And as far as grease, I have about 12 different viscosities of synthetic valve oil/grease for my trumpet (from this company) and I'm wondering if one of those would work for camera equipment as well (in particular Hetman #1 or Hetman #14, the latter of which is basically the same formula as sewing machine oil).

Oh, also, the distance results are absolutely reproducible. Does that make a case for or against a sticky mirror? Or does that have nothing to do with anything?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:42:13 AM by Indofunk »

FrankE

« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2014, 04:33:55 AM »

the Kit includes:
4 - 4x5 film holders.
Grafmatic Film Holder.
Graflex Flash.
Metal case.

looks like a great deal to me. The good ones on Ebay rarely go for under $300, that I have seen anyways, and I have seen few private sales for under $200. If it is in reasonably good condition I would say you got a great deal!

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2014, 04:49:21 AM »

the Kit includes:
4 - 4x5 film holders.
Grafmatic Film Holder.
Graflex Flash.
Metal case.

looks like a great deal to me. The good ones on Ebay rarely go for under $300, that I have seen anyways, and I have seen few private sales for under $200. If it is in reasonably good condition I would say you got a great deal!

Other than not having a lens it seems to be in excellent condition.  I will find out for sure soon when I get some film in it.  I do want to see what that Kodar lens does, it could be interesting.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »

I was going to open it up yesterday, but couldn't find my medium flathead screwdriver so I immediately gave up :D I'll certainly pop it open at some point though, and regrease the pivot.

To re-ask a question I've asked before, is lighter fluid the cleaner of choice, or is there something better? And as far as grease, I have about 12 different viscosities of synthetic valve oil/grease for my trumpet (from this company) and I'm wondering if one of those would work for camera equipment as well (in particular Hetman #1 or Hetman #14, the latter of which is basically the same formula as sewing machine oil).

Oh, also, the distance results are absolutely reproducible. Does that make a case for or against a sticky mirror? Or does that have nothing to do with anything?
Lighter fluid is pretty much the best thing out there. You'll find that sometimes you don't need to re-oil the parts once it gets in. If you use a lot of it, it will remove all the grease. There are better degreasers out there but this usually works just fine. For tougher jobs there's always acetone and engine degreasers but that would probably be overkill.

As for the oil, use a very very small amount of the lightest stuff possible. Just to give you an idea of how little I'm talking about, repairman usually take an hypodermic needle to put the oil on the parts. And it's always just a micro drop where it's really needed.

The rangefinders usually consist of a prism or a beam splitter that is fixed in front of the sight hole. The secondary mirror is hooked-up to the measuring dial.

If the mirror doesn't move on yours, it could be a sign that it's either broken or that there is a pivot and a spring that move the mirror and that this assembly is frozen...
Francois

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #860 on: August 04, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
I was on ebay again yesterday and have a Minolta Vf light meter on the way already have the iV but the screen is going funny i went with another Minolta because they are good and i have the spot attachment

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #861 on: August 04, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »
at least the flash has not been lightsabered ;D
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #862 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
That could only mean one thing: the force is strong with this one  ;D
Francois

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #863 on: August 07, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »
Had to take a four hour drive to get it and a four hour drive back, but I'm the proud owner of a Mamiya RB67, with: WLF, 127mm, 55mm, 180mm, macro tubes, polaroidback; compatible with Fuji instantfilm (even had 2 shots of polacolor in it, all dried up though), 6x7 back 6x4,5 back, cable release, lightmeter, filterholder with filters and a hardcase where everything fits in  ;D

oldwino

• 35mm
    • Beckmeyer Photographs
« Reply #864 on: August 07, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
Was given a Contax T2 that wouldn't advance (dead motor) a few weeks back.  I was told that ToCad, the US Contax agent, no longer repaired them.  I called ToCad and they said to send it in, they may be able to fix it, worst case scenario would be a trip to Japan for possible repair.  Sent it in, got the estimate (about $150) and now, 6 weeks later, am the proud owner of a T2 in great shape, fully functioning, with 6 month warranty!  First roll going into it tonight!  It looks brand new!
Wandering the Earth with a Leica IIIc, Leica M2, Mamiya-Six, and a bunch of old lenses...

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #865 on: August 08, 2014, 12:05:38 AM »
That could only mean one thing: the force is strong with this one  ;D

Funny you should mention that, I just learned that the Graflite flash that came with my Crown Graphic is that same one that was used to make light sabers in a few of the Star Wars movies. 

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #866 on: August 08, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »
Congrats!
The T2 is really go(o)d! Just you wait and see  ;)
Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #867 on: August 08, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
Had to take a four hour drive to get it and a four hour drive back, but I'm the proud owner of a Mamiya RB67, with: WLF, 127mm, 55mm, 180mm, macro tubes, polaroidback; compatible with Fuji instantfilm (even had 2 shots of polacolor in it, all dried up though), 6x7 back 6x4,5 back, cable release, lightmeter, filterholder with filters and a hardcase where everything fits in  ;D

How many houses did you have to mortgage for that?  :o

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #868 on: August 08, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »
Well... I really didn't need another MF camera, but mcduff & Francois talked me into it. Francois alerted us all to the availability of Washi paper and I bought some. Then mcduff asked what sort of machine I was going to run it through. Good point. Hadn't thought of that. I don't want all the paper's fibres falling off inside the Bad, so better buy a 'disposable' MF camera. Then Francois pointed out that the texture of the paper can be a little excessive for his taste. I agree. So a larger neg would reduce the texture on portraits etc. 6x9 seemed the way to go, so for less than £40 ($60-odd), I've just received a near mint Ensign 820 folder, complete with instructions and case. Speeds go down to 1 sec, B&T, so that will be fine for the slow ISO rating.

Now all I need is a nude model and a sunny day.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #869 on: August 09, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »
I finally pulled the trigger on a 4x5 (Crown Graphic) and received it today. In anticipation of eventually owning a 4x5 camera and with the New 55 project going forward, I bought a Polaroid 545 back a while ago for $35 and it fits my Crown. Now I'm trying to pick up some expired (2007) FP-100C45 to play with before my film holders get here.

So far, the Crown is kicking my butt. It took about 10 minutes and a YouTube video for me to figure out how to open it, 30+ more minutes on YouTube to get a rough idea of the general operation, and another 20 minutes solely on how to remove the Graflock back to test fit my Polaroid back.  :o

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #870 on: August 09, 2014, 01:13:42 AM »
I finally pulled the trigger on a 4x5 (Crown Graphic) and received it today. In anticipation of eventually owning a 4x5 camera and with the New 55 project going forward, I bought a Polaroid 545 back a while ago for $35 and it fits my Crown. Now I'm trying to pick up some expired (2007) FP-100C45 to play with before my film holders get here.

So far, the Crown is kicking my butt. It took about 10 minutes and a YouTube video for me to figure out how to open it, 30+ more minutes on YouTube to get a rough idea of the general operation, and another 20 minutes solely on how to remove the Graflock back to test fit my Polaroid back.  :o

I just had the same problem opening mine, same solution with the YouTube video.  This link will take you to all the Crown Graphic manuals: 

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/graflex.htm

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #871 on: August 09, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »
I have bought a crown graphic and 545 too! Great fun.

Sure you know but Fuji 4x5 film won't fit the 545 as mentioned above, you need the pola sheet film for that...

Enjoy!

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2014, 09:34:28 AM »

How many houses did you have to mortgage for that?  :o

sold a kidney  :-[

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »
That's why God gave you two :)

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #874 on: August 10, 2014, 02:26:33 AM »
I have bought a crown graphic and 545 too! Great fun.

Sure you know but Fuji 4x5 film won't fit the 545 as mentioned above, you need the pola sheet film for that...

Enjoy!

I missed that post, offer retracted, thanks! Now I've ordered film and a dev tank with Mod54 reel, instead. I should have gotten some Acros, but grabbed some HP5+ for now (not my favorite, but maybe I didn't give it a fair shake.)

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #875 on: August 10, 2014, 08:59:28 PM »
I've got 400 feet of Double X on the way

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #876 on: August 10, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »
Something I have been to cheap to buy before and that has been much needed!
A Passe Partout Cutter, suepposedley British Design - British Engineering and British Manufacture so it should be good? Made by Longridge, it cut´s up to 75cm and tossed in on the deal I got a Lomo camera, a dev. tank and two other "toy cameras" I know nothing about. Can´t wait to pick it all up!

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #877 on: August 11, 2014, 06:54:09 PM »
I stumbled upon a Beseler 23C II with a dichro head in case I ever want to learn how to do color prints for $50 with some other equipment (several thermometers, easels, and some junk I didn't actually take). At that price, I couldn't resist.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #878 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:56 PM »
The dichro head is pretty cool for doing B&W as you can use it to dial-in pretty much every grade available.
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #879 on: August 15, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
A MIR 38B in P6 mount. For the most part in very good condition. But production quality control must have been something awful, because it looks like someone shook the dandruff off between the two front (cemented) elements. I will have to see if it has any real effect on image quality.

Came with box, manual (in Russian), lens case with caps, hood and filters. A nice package.

EDIT: Almost forgot, a personalised ITFC 2014/15 home jersey. Last one I had was from 1978, which I wore out actually playing football.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:25:02 PM by Ezzie »
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #880 on: August 15, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »
You mean you live in the Great North and you didn't get a Hockey jersey?
 ::) ::) ::)
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #881 on: August 15, 2014, 10:03:35 PM »
Been an Ipswich Town fan for 38 years, ever since I lived in Colchester. Hockey up here is a marginal sport. We have maybe 20 indoor rinks in the whole country.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #882 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
Canadians are known to live hockey, breath hockey and eat hockey... OK, it's more like arranging your life so you don't miss a game by the local team, scream your lungs out at a sports bar while eating chicken wings... but somehow having never had the inclination to do any of the above, I feel a bit lonely in my camp.
Francois

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #883 on: August 16, 2014, 02:04:46 AM »
You're not alone Francois!

Though I still do follow specific teams during playoff season

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #884 on: August 16, 2014, 07:25:53 AM »
Don't worry Francois, you're not alone. Being French-Canadian, growing up in Northern Ontario (a culture & place where hockey players are one of its main exports) and not being a fan of hockey was kind of like telling people I didn't need air to breathe. The extent of my connection with hockey is that my dad grew up with minor NY Rangers legend Handsome Ron Duguay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Duguay) and that I liked to chew the hard, chalky chewing gum that came with packs of hockey cards when I was a kid.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #885 on: August 16, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
Wow, you're dad grew up with Duguay, eh? I watch him all the time on the Rangers pre- and post-game coverage. All I can say is that the man likes his clothes - I don't know why he likes them, as they are usually hideous (though he has some way to go to reach Don Cherry levels of absurdity), but he likes them.

And for the record, if someone claims to be Canadian and to not like hockey, I immediately question if they are actually Canadian.  :P
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #886 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:44 PM »
I live in the same city as Jean Beliveau, Bernard "Boum Boum" Geoffrion and a few others of Montreal Canadians hall of fame...
I also happen to live on the same street as Jacques Lemieux... but that doesn't count since he played mostly in Los Angeles.

BTW, the best thing about hockey cards is that when I was a kid I used to take all the expensive ones and put them on my bike with a clothespin so that it would make a rattling sound when I rolled down the street... that was much more fun than collecting :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:48:09 PM by Francois »
Francois

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #887 on: August 16, 2014, 03:15:15 PM »
I think Ron married an ex-super model so I think he needs to be a bit of a clotheshorse! To his credit, any time he bumps into my grandmother at church in the small town we're from he always asks after my dad and about my grandmother's health.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #888 on: August 16, 2014, 05:02:08 PM »
I think Ron married an ex-super model so I think he needs to be a bit of a clotheshorse! To his credit, any time he bumps into my grandmother at church in the small town we're from he always asks after my dad and about my grandmother's health.

He seems like a nice guy, but he has a wardrobe that's somewhere between that of a pimp from 1978 and one of the Solid Gold dancers....
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #889 on: August 16, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »

He seems like a nice guy, but he has a wardrobe that's somewhere between that of a pimp from 1978 and one of the Solid Gold dancers....

To me it sounds like someone needs to bring a camera to church  ;)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #890 on: August 16, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »
When I was a kid I used to live down the street from Steve Duchesne and Jaques Martin. When you in Canada theres a decent chance you will have some connection with NHL players. (with the exception of Toronto where they are all overpaid losers.)

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #891 on: August 16, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »
I just picked up a pint of real ale

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #892 on: August 17, 2014, 02:38:40 AM »
Canadians are known to live hockey, breath hockey and eat hockey... OK, it's more like arranging your life so you don't miss a game by the local team, scream your lungs out at a sports bar while eating chicken wings... but somehow having never had the inclination to do any of the above, I feel a bit lonely in my camp.

It could be worse. You could be an American who likes to curl....

I learned to curl in B.C. though, so I'm a proper curler. But a kiwi couple taught me to drink shandies afterwards instead of beer, so now I'm really an odd duck.

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #893 on: August 17, 2014, 03:07:30 AM »
It could be worse. You could be an American who likes to curl....
Jack, aren't you in Alaska? I don't think that counts as I'm convinced curling is largely a sport to while away the long winter nights and have an excuse to drink afterwards. The Kiwis I knew just drank beer, the Germans taught me to drink shandies but that's another story.

To me it sounds like someone needs to bring a camera to church
Oh I don't think he brings the wife to the village church. At least I never saw her. The church ladies would be clucking if she showed up...

pimp from 1978 and one of the Solid Gold dancers
Funny that you should mention that... one of my childhood memories of him was that he was in a Sassoon jeans commercial (ah Youtube you never disappoint http://www.youtbe.com/watch?v=XyAqMfJHMEo) at the height of his fame. I recall my dad being mildly embarrassed for him.

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #894 on: August 17, 2014, 05:18:27 AM »
Jack, aren't you in Alaska? I don't think that counts as I'm convinced curling is largely a sport to while away the long winter nights and have an excuse to drink afterwards.

There's some truth to that. :)

Surprisingly, it's not that popular here, though we have the perfect climate for it. And, go figure, I had to move to Washington before I started curling, and it turns out the biggest curling club in Alaska is back where I went to college. If only I had known, the beer I could have consumed.... :)

What I like about the Canucks is that they take their post-game seriously. By tradition, the winners buy the losers the first round. Even if it's the only round, if you try to beg off and say, seriously, I have get up for work in eight hours and there's an international border between me and my bed, they suddenly turn German and say no, you will sit and you will drink beer and hold conversation and be festive, or you will have offended the nation.

Oh, the things we do to keep the peace.

Also, Americans think you need a referee and a coach in order to curl. Go figure.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #895 on: August 19, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »
In the post last week

In the post today

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #896 on: August 19, 2014, 10:28:14 PM »

I recently tried Brewdog's Punk IPA, a post modern classic pale ale... Like an angel p**ing on your tongue

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #897 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:50 PM »

I recently tried Brewdog's Punk IPA, a post modern classic pale ale... Like an angel p**ing on your tongue
They have that in the bar I go hop tastic

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »
I do not like the modern trend of super-hoppy beers, but I do love the phrase "like an angel p***ing on your tongue" so I shall use that in future :)

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
I love the super hoppy beers, my friend is opening a micro brewery his first beer is going to be a 6.5abv American IPA