Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 844026 times)

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »
And I've been selling two! Is that a crime and if so can I redeem myself by buying a Flexaret? ;)

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »
OK, fair enough, I will have a look around... :)
(I have to admit I did have 3 at one point as well, but sold the Minolta autocord since the controls of the camera were completely different to the rolleicord to the point that I was confused every time I used one of them). And the rolleiflex was beyond repair so it was practically given to a collector/amateur repairman... But it was a lovely thing...

Anyway, to keep this thread on topic - yesterday I picked up from the post office a Gossen Lunasix F - and am already very happy with it. It is a bit bulky but extremely nice to work with.
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
Already have Yashica-D, Yashica-C, Yashicamat, Yashicamat 124G, Mamiya C220, Rolleiflex K7F... dont need another!

Instead of cameras got some of these choco biscuit snacks instead

Arnott's Mint Slice by Studioesper, on Flickr

arnott vs mcvities by Studioesper, on Flickr
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2013, 01:05:49 AM »
I keep on forgetting to mention it until it is over, but each spring and fall there is a pretty good camera show (almost exclusively film photography) in Toronto presented by the Photographic Historical Society of Canada. It is in an indoor soccer gym and rather packed with lots of cool stuff. TinTin and I (and another non-FW pal) rendezvoused there and it was fun to kick around. In addition to stuff that is tempting to buy there is usually lots of crazy stuff that is fun to look at. There was lots of great stuff that caught my eye (I am a sucker for the minox 35 - and other compacts - and they were there by the score, and their was a Bronnie 645 setup that was a great price), however I kept my GAS under control.

However, I did pick up a pile of 120 film (portra and fp4+), for $3 a roll. It is expired but I have bought it from the same guy before and it is  fine.

I think TinTin and myself are the only FWs from Southern Ontario, but if anyone needs to be in the Toronto Area in the spring or fall they should see if this show is on. I will try to remember to post the date of the next show before it happens.
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
And there's the Montreal Camera Show going on next weekend.
I haven't been there in ages. It's said that it's not as great as it used to but it should still be fairly nice with plenty of what the digi people call junk.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

FiatluX

• Cookbook chef
    • The Caffenol Cookbook
« Reply #305 on: October 29, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
I needed more coverage than my Apo Lanthar could provide so I bought this little gem:

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2013, 10:40:44 AM »
I needed more coverage than my Apo Lanthar could provide so I bought this little gem:

What a beauty! Must be expensive too.
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

FiatluX

• Cookbook chef
    • The Caffenol Cookbook
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »
Define expensive? :D
I paid €170 incl. shipping from S.Korea (of all places..)

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »
Good on you Bo. Lovely lens. And a late model Copal shutter, good stuff.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
Define expensive? :D
I paid €170 incl. shipping from S.Korea (of all places..)

I assumed it was more expensive than what you payed for it.
It looks expensive.  ;D

FiatluX

• Cookbook chef
    • The Caffenol Cookbook
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2013, 06:58:04 PM »
Yeah, it looks expensive but it´s "just" a N!  8)

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2013, 10:14:28 PM »
I just picked up 100 feet of Orwo UN54

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »

Kiev 4 (1975), Jupiter-8M, Industar 61-L/D by Urban Hafner, on Flickr

And all that for 67€ including postage :)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
Interested to hear how you like the ergonomics of the Kiev. I've never handled one, but I get the impression it's a love-it-or-hate-it sort of a thing.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »
I hated my first one, and traded it for a few rolls of Velvia with jojonas :) It was a later model and didn't quite work. This one is from 1975 and in much better shape. Yes, the Contax grip is a bit odd (esp. with such a heavy camera), but the shutter is really, really quiet and the rangefinder is amazingly contrasty (good enough for shooting wide open in a bar). Much better than my Canon P. But as with most cameras of that era (i.e. pre WWII) the finder is tiny and only for 50mm. And let's not forget that the Jupiter-8M (the one with click-stops for the aperture) is only available in Kiev mount :)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2013, 08:39:16 AM »
A chap popped into my office on Tuesday with a Yashica 35W(?) three lenses, 3 box brownie juniors and a SOny camera that uses floppy discs. Gave him a tenner for the lot. He seemed happy.
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
I just picked up...
« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »
Haha I remember those Sony Mavica floppy disk cameras. Even at the time they seemed kind of crazy.  Maybe you need to start a "Floopywasters" website? ;-)

Otherwise sounds like a good haul for a tenner.

---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2013, 11:34:49 AM »
--8<--
And all that for 67€ including postage :)

That Kiev looks really nice for 67 €, Urban.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »
Actually, 67€ for the Kiev + Jupiter-8M + LTM Industar and postage. And the camera (and the Jupiter) is in really, really good shape. I can give you my Polish contact if you're interested :)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »
A chap popped into my office on Tuesday with a Yashica 35W(?) three lenses, 3 box brownie juniors and a SOny camera that uses floppy discs. Gave him a tenner for the lot. He seemed happy.

Hold on to that Sony Mavica! It's become quite something of a rarity. (I just love products that clearly show that "what were they thinking" moment :) )
Francois

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
Actually, 67€ for the Kiev + Jupiter-8M + LTM Industar and postage. And the camera (and the Jupiter) is in really, really good shape. I can give you my Polish contact if you're interested :)

Thanks, Urban. I'm now playing with my CLA'd Zorki 4k and C/Y Sigma Apo 75-300 f4.0,
but Kiev rangefinders have always attracted me so in the future I may ask you for that info.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »

Thanks, Urban. I'm now playing with my CLA'd Zorki 4k and C/Y Sigma Apo 75-300 f4.0,
but Kiev rangefinders have always attracted me so in the future I may ask you for that info.
I have two of those Industars Urban. And neither are in very good shape. One has the aperture ring offset, so I have to count clicks, the other is so loose and wobbly it feels as if it is about to fall apart. But I must say I have always liked the looks of the Contax RF´s and the copies it spawned (Nikon and Kiev). But I have yet to find money for one of the two others, and yet to summon guts to buy a Kiev. With my luck I just know I will end up with a D.O.A P.O.S.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2013, 05:03:42 PM »
I have two of those Industars Urban. And neither are in very good shape. One has the aperture ring offset, so I have to count clicks, the other is so loose and wobbly it feels as if it is about to fall apart. But I must say I have always liked the looks of the Contax RF´s and the copies it spawned (Nikon and Kiev). But I have yet to find money for one of the two others, and yet to summon guts to buy a Kiev. With my luck I just know I will end up with a D.O.A P.O.S.

FWIW, the Industars are really easy to take apart. The wobbly one is probably just a loose retaining ring somewhere, and the offset aperture ring is likely easily reoriented. There's good documentation on the web; try here for starters: http://mattsclassiccameras.com/industar_relubing/index.html
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2013, 06:53:09 PM »

So you don't have 40€ for a Kiev? ;) I didn't pay more for mine. See my blog post for the contact details of my contact in Poland (I can also give you his email address). He bought the camera for me and had it sent to him so that he could check that everything is working. He did all the check apart from running a roll of film through it. So the chances of getting a DOA camera are quite low.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #324 on: November 02, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
I just picked-up an Omega DII enlarger for F-R-E-E!
Granted it's quite filthy, needs a lube job on the springs and missing the negative carrier... but it appears to be in decent overall shape. If I can bring it back into shape, it's going to be a nice replacement for my ill fated cheap Japanese 4x5 enlarger which just sucks.
Francois

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #325 on: November 02, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »
Today I bought a bulk film loader for £4.99 in at the Oxfam shop in Keswick (that's in the English Lake District). A few months ago, I won an auction for a loader with a bid of 1p - but the postage was about £3. The auction listing pointed out that the crank handle needed fixing, but I mislaid the handle and the film chamber cover before I got round to fixing it. So I now have one working loader and some spare parts.

If you're in Keswick, it's worth checking out the Oxfam shop which is in a different league to most charity shops. They had half-a-dozen 35mm SLRs - not at bargain prices, but they have been checked over and the object is to raise money for charity. On past visits I've seen medium format gear there as well.

Once I've run down my stock of 35mm I plan to get a bulk roll of Rollei Infrared IR400, which macodirect sell.

Apart from the purchase, the day was a total washout due to rain, with only one snap taken on a Trip.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #326 on: November 03, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
I just picked-up an Omega DII enlarger for F-R-E-E!
Granted it's quite filthy, needs a lube job on the springs and missing the negative carrier... but it appears to be in decent overall shape. If I can bring it back into shape, it's going to be a nice replacement for my ill fated cheap Japanese 4x5 enlarger which just sucks.
Good on you Francois. I have one too, yet to be put into action. If interested, look at the range of replacement heads from http://www.modernenlargerlamps.com I'm considering a Variable contrast iphone controlled lamp from them. Especially since they may introduce stop controls, in addition to regular timed control.

Other benefits are more uniform light over the whole frame, diffuser instead of condensor, and less power consuming.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:16:51 AM by Ezzie »
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #327 on: November 03, 2013, 02:03:53 PM »
Wow, thanks for pointing this out!

I have the DII, which is different from the D2 in many ways. I don't have a crank handle on mine nor do I have the variable condensers. It wouldn't have been my first choice but for the price, I think I'll give it a bit of TLC :)
Francois

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #328 on: November 03, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »
Let me try this again. My connection must have blinked or something when I tried to post a few minutes ago, so if this ends up as a duplicate post, I'll delete one or the other.

I just picked up...my first Zeiss glass! An early C.Z. Jena Tessar 50mm f.2.8.

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work with my Spotmatic, which is the only M42 screwmount camera I have, because it extends too far into the body and the mirror can't clear. This just means I'll "have to" start hunting for a good Praktica FX version so I can use my new-to-me lens.

Oh, the sacrifices I make...
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #329 on: November 03, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »
You can always get an adapter off ebay to make it compatible with a modern camera.
Francois

rotarysmp

• RotarySMP
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »
Is the Industar really a 53mm F2.8 or a tpyo 35 f2.8?

I just picked up a Nokton 35 1.4MC as I got sick of the f2.8 and 1mm min focus of the Jupiter-12
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »
Yes, the Industar is indeed a 53mm f2.8 No typo. I have a Helios 44M as well, which is a 58mm f2. So for some, at least the Russians, normal (focal length) was a matter of definition.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

rotarysmp

• RotarySMP
« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Thanks Erik,

A shame in a way. I think mis-engraved products can be pretty cool. Ranks up there with typos in tattoos :)

Mark
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
AFAIK, no lens is really 50mm. 53mm is close enough to count as 50mm, I think. Most manufacturers just don't bother putting the actual focal length on the lens.

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »
Three rolls of 2011 expired plus-X, and one roll of something else.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #335 on: November 11, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »
Got the new Greg Heisler book. It's fantastic I only had a cursory glance through it - I'm saving it for when I'm off work due to my hernia op but here is a review from the strobist site.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #336 on: November 12, 2013, 01:55:00 AM »
Three rolls of 2011 expired plus-X, and one roll of something else.

High five!

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #337 on: November 12, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »
I like shooting with my Exa 1a so much that I bought another, earlier model.

Exa by adoephoto, on Flickr

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #338 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
I've been selling rather than buying but my holga broke (sticky shutter) and I wanted to replace it, so jumped on ebay and chanced upon this haul (one auction), there are still bargains if you get lucky:

holga 120nfn
holga polaroid back
holga lens filter holder and filters
2 packs polaroid type 80 film
10 rolls fuji 160iso 120 film
12 packs polaroid izone film
a 110 camera
1 pack 110 film
10 duracell professional batteries
decent camera bag

all for.... £15!

very pleased with that, hope to test this weekend in the woods somewhere...

and in another auction I won a super 8 camera and some ektachrome s8 film for.... £1.

That must be the end of my ebay luck for a while.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #339 on: November 12, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
10 packs of 669 and a Fuji GA645 with the 60/4 who are intended to replace my Mju II as a "always with me" camera.
Good times  ;D
Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
I just picked up...
« Reply #340 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
I've been selling rather than buying but my holga broke (sticky shutter) and I wanted to replace it, so jumped on ebay and chanced upon this haul (one auction), there are still bargains if you get lucky:

holga 120nfn
holga polaroid back
holga lens filter holder and filters
2 packs polaroid type 80 film
10 rolls fuji 160iso 120 film
12 packs polaroid izone film
a 110 camera
1 pack 110 film
10 duracell professional batteries
decent camera bag

all for.... £15!

I'll give you £30 for the lot, that's a 100% profit right there! ;)

verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #341 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:04 AM »
bought from becky

Thanks becky by Studioesper, on Flickr
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #342 on: November 13, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »
haha thanks verian  :)

keeping most of it but the izone is back on ebay if interested let me know and i'll end it and give you filmwaster rates!

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #343 on: November 13, 2013, 05:46:14 PM »
Been naughty. GAS got the better of me when I saw a Rolleiflex 2.8e with a working meter, diffuser and lens hood last weekend  ::)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #344 on: November 13, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
Let me know when you want to sell that one, too. ;D

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:04 AM »
Let me know when you want to sell that one, too. ;D

LOL  ;D

I went into the shop to find out about their film processing services / prices and came out with the 2.8e.  I doubt I'll be selling this one but I'm considering my options with the Mamiya C330.  I don't "need" two TLRs . Mind you, I don't "need" half the stuff I have - but it's nice having it and using it  8)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2013, 08:38:44 AM »
I do need more than one TLR though. A Mamiya is on my list, too ;)

Cadha13

• Nothing to see here.
    • My Flickr
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »
It seems like yesterday from my last post, but got another camera system. Something a bit smaller than the RB67.

The Bronica ETR Si.

With the current prices on medium format, why would I ever go back to digital. After going like mad with the RB67, for the cosplay things I like to do, I needed something that's a bit "faster".

Time to head off for this weekend.

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »
A Kiev 88 with 2 backs. I understand they are prone to problems, but I've wanted a Hassle-Vlad for a while.

ChristopherCoy

• Peel Apart
  • Yes, you can still get film for it!
    • Being Coy
« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2013, 02:28:18 AM »
Because one is never enough... I won another Nikon FM today on the bay. A whole $16usd too!

Lets hope the meter works!

Christopher

"Film feeds my soul." ~ Keith Moss