Author Topic: Back from the Mountains  (Read 1230 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Back from the Mountains
« on: September 10, 2015, 05:33:35 PM »
Hi All, I hope you've had a good few weeks while I've been off in the Alps in the South Tirol (northern Italy). I took a couple of proper cameras: a Brinica S2A with the trusty Polaroid instant film back and an old Instax Wide. Wasn't expecting to shoot much and fully expected to use the Instax more than the Bronny. Couldn't have been more wrong. In the end I took I took a ton of shots with the Bronny and only a handful with the Instax. The light in the mountains was amazing (as you'd expect) so that was a definite plus. I also enjoyed the logistics of shooting peel apart film with a heavy camera on a chair lift at over 2000 metres and supervising a skittish 8 year old at the same time  8) :)

I don't have a PC at home hooked up to a scanner yet, so these phone snaps will have convey the flavour for now:

• My son Joe helping me channel Diane Arbus in the Southern German town of Speyer (Instax Wide)
  • Some of the Polaroids that I need to get scanning.
  • Me with the Bronny composing yet another masterpiece (cough!) at a beautiful lake on the Seiser Alm in Italy.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Back from the Mountains
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 09:29:22 PM »
Sure looks like a really nice place!
Looks like you had more fun than I did this summer :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:41:51 PM »
Certainly Putting that pola back to good use! Love the mountains, look forward to seeing the shots when scanned.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »
nice going, ed! :)
/jonas

Terry

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 02:11:57 AM »
Reminds me of Gerard Hoffnung's monlogue.  Any  French widows affording delightful prospects?