Author Topic: First Ruined film of 2010 !  (Read 1140 times)

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
First Ruined film of 2010 !
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »
Yep... I guess it was me ...

I went out with my Satellite camera in a wonderful winter day in London, took some shots and the results I'm not even able to scan !  They're all dark with some small flashes of bright in the center.  I was trying out a 35mm film  reespooled into a 127 spool and something went terribly wrong. I don't think is the camera because the shutter is firing correctly, the developing seems to be fine since I can see the "Kodak" and the frame numbers on the edge of the film ( unless this is always shown even when you get it wrong...?) . I don't know. I'll have to do another test... I'm going to respool some tonight and take out tomorrow and hopefully post some results.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Mark_zero

• 35mm
    • Mark-zero.tumblr.com
Re: First Ruined film of 2010 !
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »
I didn't do too bad, put a roll of 220 in my pinhole then realised there are no numbers on the backing paper as there is no backing paper! I kept winding while viewing through the counter window at the back so I guess the light has now got into the film. duh.

CamerAsian

• privatize the profit, nationalize the debt
    • Prints of Darkness
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:51:09 AM »
Last night I developed two rolls of Tri-X in some Xtol I had left, ignoring the July batch date on the label I had written out myself. The results: Beautifully transparent lengths of plastic that offer innumerable decor possibilities.

Info Red

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »
I loaded a Holga 120N with 35mm Tri-X and went wandering in 12 degree (F) weather for about 3 hours, only to discover upon arriving home that the tape holding the film to the take-up reel had not held. ;D  I had exposed the leader about 36 times! 

Re-taped it and went out in bitter cold today, after making absolutely certain (I hope) that the tape was secured to the spool this time! 

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Info Red

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:08 AM »
put a roll of 220 in my pinhole then realised there are no numbers on the backing paper as there is no backing paper!

That is indeed a great trick! Welcome to Filmwasters then too - a good start! Skj.