Author Topic: One subject, one roll: Central park (in excruciating detail)  (Read 1540 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
One subject, one roll: Central park (in excruciating detail)
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:15:49 PM »
I feel like I'm really stretching the concept of "one subject" here, since Central park is pretty damn huge. Also, as per the official rules, I shouldn't have to mention what the subject is since it should be obvious, but in my case it's far from obvious. Anyways, here goes. These are actually test shots for a REAL one subject/one roll, for which I plan on using a human model in these approximate locations.

All shot with an SR-T102 (28mm/50mm/70-150mm) on TMax 100 developed in HC110 dilution H for 12 minutes.

Atypically for me, it was very hard to choose only 6 photos from this roll. So here is the full set of 19(!) images: http://www.indofunkstudios.com/image.php?dir=images/minolta_srt102/2015_01_06_tmax100

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: One subject, one roll: Central park (in excruciating detail)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:17:48 AM »
I've not visited (yet) so this is a great series as it gives me a feel for the diversity of the place.  Really great set.  Love the view thru the tunnel with the wispy branches hanging down.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:07 AM »
Nice set, I think Central Park was the best thing that city ever did.  I wish Seattle had the foresight to do the same thing.  They had plans to build a similar park in downtown but ended up building low rise office buildings instead.  I agree with Late Developer, the tunnel is my favorite.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »
Yes, I also like the 2 tunnel shots best.
I've never been to NY. Is the last shot taken from a building or a view tower?

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 07:33:52 PM »
I've never been to NY. Is the last shot taken from a building or a view tower?

Belvedere Castle, which is up on a hill around 80th St in the middle of the park. To the left there is the Great Lawn, where all the famous Central Park concerts have been held.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »
I adore the double exposure!
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)