Author Topic: Thanksgiving Weekend thread  (Read 11787 times)

euge...

• Flickr
Re: Thanksgiving Weekend thread
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »
Ok Miller on the theme of "where in one of the world's largest cities is this photo taken?"
Here's my entry...

Oh and one of a door at a tube station.

Chops
Southbank/festival hall?

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
Thanksgiving Weekend thread
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 02:19:46 AM »
Ok Miller on the theme of "where in one of the world's largest cities is this photo taken?"
Here's my entry...

Chops

Haha. I am definitely 'not from around there' (by quite a few thousand KM), but I am pretty sure I know here that is!! There is a skateboard area that is semi-enclosed along the Thames sort of near the Tate Modern. I think it is between the Tate Modern and the Millennium Ferris wheel beastie. Sadly the only pic I have if it is digi (it was before I became analog born again), I daren't post it, haha, but it i did toss it up on my flicker site as it made me remember the day my kids and I hit the Tate modern (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco)

Modified: dang it euge beat me! I did not see his post and that image has been cooking in my head since it was posted. As it was almost four years ago that I walked by it, it took a while to surface!! :-(

Hurrah! The FW skateboard love continues!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:39:57 AM by mcduff »
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 03:19:28 AM »
Not sure where to throw this up, it does count as weekend as i JUST developed it. But we are chatting quite a bit about skateboarding. Anyways, a test shooting with some strobes with a holga. I think it's semi successful. I thought the light would kill the film so I left it on Sunny. Next time i'll hopen it up to cloudy. Also I'm never buying that craptastic overpriced lomo black and white 120 film. The paper isnt quite thick enough to block everything out. Quite annoying.

Untitled by nownownownow, on Flickr

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 04:31:40 AM »

like the earlier one, Portra 400 @ 800 processed normal
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:33:18 AM by hookstrapped »

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »
Euge and McDuff....

It's a try!  Take five points and an orange at half-time.

:)
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
lots of great snaps as usual... always so many awesome different things each week.

Mine are a double test - first roll using the 50mm lens for my Bronica S2, and first roll developed at home... pretty pleased with how it worked. it was using HP5 and Ilfosol 3.

Now I just need to learn the art of scanning (and not covering negatives in dust)

Ordinal

• chasing daisies...
Thanksgiving Weekend thread
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »
Here are a couple from recently that I like... The first is from a pub near Waterloo, OM-2n with 50/1.8 and oldish HP5+. I got talking to the guy and his partner just afterwards and we had a good long chat about film, smoking, art and society generally.

The second is from downtown LA - Ricoh XR-X with a Sigma 2.8/28 lens, EliteChrome 100. This was just before the time when the sun was starting to go down and I couldn't find my bus stop and was thinking "okay I really do not want to be here after dark, particularly with a camera that looks like it might be worth something even if it isn't". (Something about US cities makes me nervous, even having grown up in some pretty rubbish areas in London, though I do get used to them after a while - my ex chided me once for hanging around chatting to crack smokers in Baltimore.) Lots of wonderful architecture in the old town in LA.
chasing daisies... - a blog about things
redspotted on Flickr - pictures of stuff

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »
Brilliant thread!
they just keep getting better!

This is one from about 2 months ago, processed yesterday a tetenal kit.

Mamiya 645 Super + Fuji NPS160 [220 expired]

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »
Hasselblad 501CM - Kodak Ektar - Texas

Plymouth Valiant. W. San Antonio St. Marfa, TX 79843 by Terrorkitten, on Flickr

Emma

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
Better late than never!
I scanned this roll of film very late last night, but this was the only one that was even close to being acceptable, with a clever thumb print on the lens! I'd been using Kodak Portra in my Coronet Commander (who I have named Caecilius :D). Scanned them looking forward to colourful autumn leaves...

...and this happened. Turns out I thought I had pushed the switch to colour, but it is old and jammed and hadn't actually worked! The result: awful! I'll stick to black and white in the future...
twitter: @effy_yeomans

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
I love the thumb mark! better than any watermark  ;)

Emma

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
Aha thanks! Although I should probably try to keep my hands off the lens in future  ;)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »
Aha thanks! Although I should probably try to keep my hands off the lens in future  ;)

Hi Emma.

If it's that sharply focused, my guess is that the fingerprint is on the negative rather than the lens  :o

Paul.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
Yep, that's a nice print on the negative :)
We've all done it at some point...

A print on the lens just makes the image a bit fuzzy.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Emma

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »
Lesson learnt: don't get over-excited and pull the negatives out straight away. For now I'll just call it character.

On another note, there are some brilliant pictures in here (as always). Love Euge's shots particularly :)

Miller

• Sheet Film
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
The car park is at the top end of Commercial Road just past Spitalfields Market! Do I win a prize?

Nigel, you get the booby prize… The Car Park is non-operational and last used as a car wash on Great Eastern Street…

The other building is pretty much opposite the British Museum and near all the bespoke camera shops….
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton