Author Topic: The warm (in UK ) weekend of 10/11/12 May  (Read 46 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
The warm (in UK ) weekend of 10/11/12 May
« on: Yesterday at 08:23:57 PM »
Last sundaay I took myself off into London to shoot a group of random strangers dressed in their finest attire

https://thechap.co.uk/2024/01/24/the-fourth-grand-flaneur-walk/

It was an enjoyable couple of hours even if it was mainly digi shooters there rattling off 10 shots at a time and it was a bit of a bun fight at time The ettiquite of photographers at these events are awful though people were just not aware of their surrondings and walking or standing in front of you after you have posed the "model" so annoying. The Mamiya C33  got some attention from the participants and a couple of older shoters told me of their days shooting film.
Mamiya C33, 180mm and 55mm lens, FP4+, in iLFOTEC HC

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: The warm (in UK ) weekend of 10/11/12 May
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:49:35 PM »
I live in NYC, so walking in front of other peoples' pictures (usually tourists taking super boring shots of buildings on their cellphones) is inevitable. I consider it part of the challenge and have to restrain myself from laughing while telling these same tourists to go ahead and walk in front of me as they politely stop to the left/right of my camera. It's a big city; as long as you follow the cardinal rule of "move fast or get outta the way" you're good 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xd6YvoHLM&t=4s

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:50:12 PM »
Oh, and I love the energy of the guy in that first shot 😁

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:53:49 AM »
The local Porsche 356 Club met at a nearby parts distributor a couple of weeks ago, which prompted me to drag the Rolleiflex 3.5 Tessar out of the closet. Nothing better for photographing mid-20th century cars than a period-correct camera. I had a couple of rolls of Bergger Panchro 400 in the freezer, and that seemed appropriate as well.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:42:43 AM »
That is an impressive lens flare! 👍🏾