Author Topic: User manuals  (Read 2279 times)

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
User manuals
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »
I'm sure most of us are familiar with Butkus, the guy in New Jersey who makes old camera user manuals available on the internet (for a suggested contribution). He provides a truly valuable service.

And not just for the information in the manuals. Also for the entertainment value of many of the pictures in the manuals. These are from cameras I have -- Petri Racer, Pentax SV, Konica II, Minoltina S, and Pentacon F. 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:58:11 PM by hookstrapped »

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
Re: User manuals
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »
I love the girl with the Racer and the guy holding the SLR upside down.
I get the Racer picture -"For guaranteed results, always be smartly dressed and stand-up straight when using your Petri Racer".  But the SLR guy? "Hold our camera upside down to minimise the chances of success and to confuse friends and colleagues alike"?
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »
I love the girl with the Racer and the guy holding the SLR upside down.
I get the Racer picture -"For guaranteed results, always be smartly dressed and stand-up straight when using your Petri Racer".  But the SLR guy? "Hold our camera upside down to minimise the chances of success and to confuse friends and colleagues alike"?

Somehow, this doesn't really clear up the issue

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 12:43:44 AM »
I think it's funny how he doesn't seem ready to either fire off a shot or change any settings on the camera :D

those other pictures though, taken out of their context, makes me think of old light leaks magazines~ good stuff!
/jonas