Author Topic: Forum outage: please resume posting!  (Read 251 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Forum outage: please resume posting!
« on: February 23, 2024, 06:45:46 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please refrain from posting, or changing anything (password, preferences, etc) until I update this topic.

As you know, the forum went down at some point on 2/21. I was able to bring it back up, but for some reason maintenance mode isn't working properly, so in order for the admin team to finish configuring the forum, we need to keep it open to everyone. Therefore the request not to change anything, just in case this interferes with our system changes. We hope that this will all be resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience! In the meantime, use this opportunity to get out there and waste some film! 😁

- Indofunk & your admin team
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 05:09:07 PM by Indofunk »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: Forum outage: PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 12:12:55 AM »
Hi All, thanks very much to Satish for getting things back up again and sorry for the outage. Thanks to Francois for getting in touch and letting me know that all was not well in 'Watersland. I'll try and get things looking a little prettier around here. This default theme is pretty ugly.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 05:09:22 PM by Indofunk »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 12:46:17 AM »
OK, it looks like we have the theme back, which is nice. However, I have noticed that images uploaded to posts are missing. We'll look into that. Embedded/linked ones are all good still, but uploaded ones aren't there any more.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 01:07:11 AM »
Yay! It looks like I got the images back too. Nice. Things are slowly starting to look right again  ;D If we could just ask you to be patient for a bit longer in terms of posting new stuff so that we can make sure everything is working first, that would be awesome. Satish will almost certainly give us the green light tomorrow (Saturday 24th Feb). We just don't want anyone to post/comment/upload content that we then delete inadvertently whilst making some last minute changes.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:31:44 PM by Ed Wenn »

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 05:07:57 PM »
And it is done! Thank you to Ed for making the forum look pretty, and to the rest of the admins for their support. You may all now resume posting! (And, of course, filmwasting, which you never should have paused 😉)

Since we don't have a QA team, we'd like all of you to take special notice of any bugs or oddities that you notice. Go ahead and post them in this thread and I'll take a look at them. Maintenance mode still doesn't work for some reason, but I'm going to shelve that for now and just rely upon our well-behaved and polite member base to notice when I'm doing any work and refrain from posting.

Missed you folks! I'll see if I can make more regular appearances here moving forward 😉

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 07:42:52 PM »
And it is done! Thank you to Ed for making the forum look pretty, and to the rest of the admins for their support. You may all now resume posting! (And, of course, filmwasting, which you never should have paused 😉)

Since we don't have a QA team, we'd like all of you to take special notice of any bugs or oddities that you notice. Go ahead and post them in this thread and I'll take a look at them. Maintenance mode still doesn't work for some reason, but I'm going to shelve that for now and just rely upon our well-behaved and polite member base to notice when I'm doing any work and refrain from posting.

Missed you folks! I'll see if I can make more regular appearances here moving forward 😉
Thanks!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 08:42:58 PM »
Hey Satish!
I'm really happy to see you again!
At one point I thought you had moved back to India and decided to become a snake charmer or a fakir  ;D

So, what's up at funk headquarters?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Forum outage: please resume posting!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 01:28:51 AM »
Hey Satish!
I'm really happy to see you again!
At one point I thought you had moved back to India and decided to become a snake charmer or a fakir  ;D

So, what's up at funk headquarters?

Not to muck up this thread, I started a new one 😉 https://filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=10612.0