Author Topic: "Rollei" 35 AF update...  (Read 74 times)

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
"Rollei" 35 AF update...
« on: April 27, 2024, 07:58:44 PM »
From Amateur Photographer: "Mint’s upcoming 35mm full-frame film camera, the Rollei 35AF, will be accompanied by a 5-element all glass lens with coatings on every side and a 35mm focal length, which is often a popular choice among street photographers. It will be priced around $650-$800 (around £520-£640).

The camera will also have a metal body and the following aperture options: F2.8, F4, F5.6, F8, F11 and F16. Additionally, the Rollei 35AF features an ‘exposure’ dial, a built-in light meter and an AUTO mode."

Looks kind of nice so I'll keep an eye out for reviews, though I tend to be a bit uneasy about necrobranding.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: "Rollei" 35 AF update...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 09:09:36 PM »
It does sound like it's going to be quite nice. And knowing how good Mint can make cameras, it's bound to be an interesting little thing.
But the price... sheesh.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 09:14:50 PM »
The price level is about the same as the Nikon 35TI and Contax T when they were released in the late 80's, early 90's. Adjusting for inflation the new Rollei is quite a bit cheaper, but it's still a bit of money for an advanced P&S. I think I'll wait and read a few reviews before contemplating a purchase. And then there are all those nice last century goodies that I haven't tried yet............  :P
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 10:19:01 PM »
I guess I'll keep on garage sale hopping for my gear 😁
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.