Author Topic: Third annual general NYC area "Hey I'm Walkin' Here" photowalk?  (Read 7626 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Third annual general NYC area "Hey I'm Walkin' Here" photowalk?
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 04:18:42 AM »
Alright. Just like booking my band, I've heard back from enough of us to go ahead and book the date  :P So Saturday July 9th it is, at Flushing Meadows. Now the only item that remains is what time to meet. Do we want to do day shooting or evening shooting or night shooting? I'm up for anything. So the present vote is: day, evening, or night? If you were to force me to vote, I guess I'd go for evening because I'm all into pushing film these days :P

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 01:25:58 PM »
My initial inclination is to start shooting in the evening, maybe around 7:00 or so. Should give good low-angle light for a while, then light dropping off after sunset ~8:30. I'm thinking we just meet at the Unisphere - seems the obvious location.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »
My initial inclination is to start shooting in the evening, maybe around 7:00 or so. Should give good low-angle light for a while, then light dropping off after sunset ~8:30. I'm thinking we just meet at the Unisphere - seems the obvious location.

Sounds right

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
Saturday the 9th looks like the winner ... who are we waiting on? Terry and Adam? Anyone else interested?

I'd love to, but won't be in the vicinity until later in the year. Have fun!

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »

Ok, so if there are no objections, then we meet on Saturday July 9th at 7pm at the Unisphere? Speak now or forever hold your film! :D

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2016, 12:40:45 AM »

Ok, so if there are no objections, then we meet on Saturday July 9th at 7pm at the Unisphere? Speak now or forever hold your film! :D

Works for me. We'll hop the 7 train from GCT around 6:30.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2016, 06:07:09 PM »
Is this really happening tomorrow?? Yes it is! :D Time to obsess over gear to bring :o Luckily, one of my gear decisions has been made for me, as I just received a new camera in the mail today ;) Also want to bring a camera for Andrej to hopefully look at (by which I mean, "repair" ;) ). So that really only leaves room for one more camera that I know works. What will it be, and what film will be in it? Your guess is as good as mine! :P

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »
While you're sorting out your gear, do I recall correctly that you have a case for that Yashica you gave me? If so, any chance you can throw it in the bag? The Yashica is 99% done - I had to hand-cut new coverings for the body, and they need a final trim, but other than that it's ready to go.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2016, 07:08:13 PM »
While you're sorting out your gear, do I recall correctly that you have a case for that Yashica you gave me? If so, any chance you can throw it in the bag? The Yashica is 99% done - I had to hand-cut new coverings for the body, and they need a final trim, but other than that it's ready to go.

Yes! Thank you for reminding me :)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »
Just FYI, there's a pretty good chance of thunderstorms from about 3pm tomorrow. In the event that one comes through Queens, I'd rather not be standing next to several large metal objects in the middle of a large open field. Do we have any idea of the shelter options (read: bars) in the vicinity?

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Terry

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »
If it's just ducking in out of the rain/lightning, the queens musem is closest.  For libation purposes, it looks like a hike up to Roosevelt Ave on far side of 112th street.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »
Should we meet at a bar for the heck of it?

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2016, 09:37:25 PM »
Didn't find a bar nearby other than the mega Mets sports bar but this restaurant looks good

http://tortillerianixtamal.com/taqueria/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 01:56:51 AM »
Hello moderators. Thank you for pinning this thread while we were hashing out plans. Now that it's over you can de-pin it, thanks :)

Official photothread here. :D