Author Topic: Okay, so what's in your camera bag right now?  (Read 10883 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Okay, so what's in your camera bag right now?
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »
I've swapped the Nikon F2SB for a battered and bruised, black and very brassy FM2n I picked up from Photographica earlier this year.  It looked really sad and neglected and the previous owner said they'd given up on it as the slow speeds had just stopped working.  As I "know a man who can" when it comes to fixing cameras, I got it for not much.  It's now fully functional, if a bit rough round the edges.

It's fitted with a 35mm/f2 and a roll of Superia 200.  My black Billingham Hadley also contains my mobile phone, reading glasses, train pass, "Oyster" card, micro-headphones, wallet, lens cleaning cloth and the latest copy of UK Black and White magazine.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

johan_lindgren

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »
This was the most recent picture of the camera I brought today :-) Mounted right now is the Nikkor 105/2.5 though and not that thing...  ;D

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »
johan! you never showed any results from that kombo :D

Le, not la, methinks.

But seriously, trying to keep up with time when out shooting must be stressful. :D
Yes, it is "Le Lapin Blanc" because Lapin is in the masculine form. If it were a lady rabbit, it would be "La Lapine Blanche" where the added e indicates use of the feminine genre.

As for my bag... this is what I had for WTCD.
And please excuse my mad drawing skills...

ah, I'll see if I can remember that (or further butcher the french language... ;D )

not bad drawing btw, instax along with the sprocket rocket, huh? ..... now that I think about it, I might have film in my sprocket rocket.
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
Thanks... I was hoping there would be some resemblance...

not that thing...  ;D
Yeah, what is that thing?
Looks like a CV joint with what on it?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

johan_lindgren

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2015, 03:14:45 PM »
Thanks... I was hoping there would be some resemblance...

not that thing...  ;D
Yeah, what is that thing?
Looks like a CV joint with what on it?

Its a Steering rack gaiter attached with a lensmount from a crappy old zoom-lens, then there is a Nikkor-P 75/2.8 mediumformat-lens fitted (pushed to fit) into it. I plan to use a different mediumformat lens, but this is one I had available  ::)
I also have a plan on adding some stuff in order to lock it in position....

Andrea_P

• 35mm
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
Ok so I'm new here but hey you got to start somewhere, in my bag right now id my Rolleiflex t  - with Tri-X and Portra 400

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:56 PM »
Welcome Andrea :)

Is it the gray or the black Rolleiflex?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
Welcome, indeed, Andrea.  Don't forget to introduce yourself in the "Meet the Filmwasters" sticky.

As for what's in my bag; I've gone uber-minimal this week and have just an Olympus XA c/w Fuji Superia 400 (+ the various other paraphernalia I carry on my daily commute).
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

johan_lindgren

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
Today I brought a Nikon FE loaded with Kodak EPT 160T which I might crossprocess... And also I have a Sprocket-Rocket with Pushed Delta 400@1600  :)

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »
This morning I grabbed the K1000 loaded with a short roll of HP5. Thought I could get that shot up so I can develop something this weekend.
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2015, 10:37:28 AM »
Today I brought a Nikon FE loaded with Kodak EPT 160T which I might crossprocess... And also I have a Sprocket-Rocket with Pushed Delta 400@1600  :)

That´s funny, I pretty much have the same setup today.
FE + 50/1.8 E with Tudor XLX 200 @ 64 and Sprocket-Rocket with reversed 58mm orange filter taped on, loaded with Tri-X @ 1600 compansating for the filter + giving me that loveable grain  ;D
Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2015, 05:13:27 PM »
This morning I grabbed the K1000 loaded with a short roll of HP5. Thought I could get that shot up so I can develop something this weekend.

I've thought of doing that more often. I roll FP4+ but tend to do 36. I used to shoot a lot of half-rolls in college (just snipping it out of the camera in the darkroom) partly because I was broke, partly because I was always on deadline and could re-shoot the other half if I had shot like crap, but I liked the short rolls. I'd usually squeak two 16-shots out of a 36.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2015, 04:08:34 PM »

I've thought of doing that more often. I roll FP4+ but tend to do 36. I used to shoot a lot of half-rolls in college (just snipping it out of the camera in the darkroom) partly because I was broke, partly because I was always on deadline and could re-shoot the other half if I had shot like crap, but I liked the short rolls. I'd usually squeak two 16-shots out of a 36.

I like the idea and would do it more often, for the moment, I'm avoiding short rolls. I had such a backlog for months and am also pretty busy these days, so I don't want to make it even easier for me to finish a roll and start another backlog! ;) So the only short rolls I get are when I hit the end of the 100 feet.

And speaking of HP5, I've got a roll in the Minolta Maxxum 7000 today. I had the Minolta out this weekend and realized the batteries were dead (my fault - I'd forgotten to turn the camera off. I'm not used to cameras that need to be turned off!) I bought new batteries, and they too died within a couple of hours. Now, it could be something up with the camera, or the batteries might have been sitting at that gas station for years and were no good either. I put fresh batteries in yesterday and I have it with me to test it out. Also thinking of shooting some pictures at a college event on Friday, so I want to practice with the camera a bit.
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)