Author Topic: Uk Early Spring Meet-up - Suffolk Coast March 24th  (Read 12268 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
Re: Uk Early Spring Meet-up - Suffolk Coast March 24th
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
Hope you all made it home safely and apologies to those I didn't say cheerio to before sloping off. And thanks to Paul for arranging it. Looking forward to seeing everyone's results.

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Ken B: eyes, I just do eyes.

• Sheet Film
  • In email, no one can hear you scream
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 08:34:29 PM »
Well we got there about 10.30am, it took us 3 hours on the knocker, we had a longer than expected stop in Chelmsford.

A big cup of coffee later and a quick call to Leon got us settled.

I was great meeting all the gang, some got ther eye in and where snapping away, I struggled abit but still took some shots.

Lunch, a stroll around the harbour, afternoon tea, then it was time to go home.

Landed square on 7.30pm, 3 hour run.
Age can weary me when it can keep the hell up

http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/

http://www.artybollocks.com/

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
'Afternoon tea'? I seemed to have missed that.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Ken B: eyes, I just do eyes.

• Sheet Film
  • In email, no one can hear you scream
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »
'Afternoon tea'? I seemed to have missed that.

We called out to you but the sound may have been muffled by the scone cover with jam and cream.
Age can weary me when it can keep the hell up

http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/

http://www.artybollocks.com/

David A-W

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
That was a rather lovely day: a very relaxed time in the sunshine and a very photogenic Southwold. Great to meet everyone - must do it again sometime.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 09:01:54 AM »
it was a great day - and bigs props to Paul M for being so organised (and for bringing the Doughnuts).

Sorry I sloped off.  The early start suddenly hit me about 3:15 pm and all I could hear in my mind was (bed, bed,bed) so home I went.  I sent a farewell text to those who's number I had and I hope you managed to pass this on to the others.

It was great seeing old faces and new ones too. I took more pics than I usually do on these things, despite the harsh sun and blue sky. Now ... when will I have time to develop all this film!

cheers all

L.
L.

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 09:51:37 AM »
Echo all of the above. What a great day! Thanks again to Paul M for organising everything so well.  Great to meet you all and look forward to see some photos. Will post a few polaroids later, once scanned. Now must find some aftersun cream for my sunburnt forehead - how did that happen in March?
Nick

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
What a cracker of a day......!!

Smashing venue, excellent itinerary worked out by Paul M (and a BIG thank you to him for that), amazing weather, lots of lovely stuff to photograph and, top of the bill, a great bunch of FW making the most of it all. Peter R showed us his Holga on steroids with a proper lens and I doubt many of us were using similar, let alone identical, kit to each other. Can't wait to get my stuff processed and to see everyone else's work.

Some gatronomous foody highlights at Southwold as well: Earl Grey tea and a bacon/egg bap with Leon early doors, a Ginger Pig with Paul M at lunchtime and a communal slurp of Adnams bitter at a harbour-side pub before the afternoon's exertions.

Talking of exertions, I managed to pull my back whilst crouching down for a shot at Walberswick and decided to retire, injured, about 4pm. Nevertheless a great day and fantastic to meet everyone.

I mentioned I was trying to think of a collective noun for a collection of Filwasters. Here are my suggestions:

A "roll" or a "sprocket".
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »
Glad you all enjoyed the day! By the time I had walked back from Walberswick everyone, apart from Thil, had left! Hope you arrived back at your destinations OK.

The weather was perfect for a day at the seaside but a tad to harsh for any moody images. Saying that the dawn was magical with all the mist, I just hope some of my images are OK to share.

Thanks everyone again for your company.

Paul

p.s. Sorry Leon but what was left of your doughnuts were spotted by my son on my return... he told me to say 'cheers'! ;D
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »

I enjoyed the day too, fantastic weather and wonderful to put some faces to names. I too sloped off at around 1:30 as my cold (obviously man flu) got the better of me and Lemsip™ beckoned.
I would have like to have chatted longer to you all, now I need to find time to develop my photos without too much latency.

I though a group of Filmwasters should be called a 'spool'

Regards to everyone, thanks to Paul who organised us and provided donuts.
Mark

There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

thil

• 35mm PHOTO bureau
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 11:10:23 PM »
It was a really fun day and great to meet up with you all. The location was great - I especially liked the harbour with all the boats, tractors, machinery and dismantled engines lying around. Thanks again to Paul for sorting the plan out.
Like LD I had a few foodie highlights as well. Had the most amazing sausage roll in town and being a seafood lover found lunch at the harbour inn to be fantastic. I went back with a couple of kilos of mussels to cook for dinner too.
Thil