Author Topic: The new w/e 4th August  (Read 12508 times)

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Re: The new w/e 4th August
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »
Carl..that is just incredibley gorgeous!

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »
Very well pointed jojonas!! :o I didn't noticed that at all... I guess the knob needs to be pulled when using 120 film though... I'm assuming this won't make difference when shooting on 35mm
it is quite easy to spot when you've come to recognize it! haha... just pull and turn it a quarter. I'm thinking myself about making it semi permanent like that as I have no plans to use 35mm in the cam (atleast not with the adapter). I guess shrinking tube would do the trick nicely~

carl: that is just... wow! gorgeous separation. the texture on the petals are really poping~
hm... there's this dark grey area between the flowers though

damion: nice shots :) and yes, a free bronica seems nice too~  :o
/jonas

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2011, 10:48:14 PM »
Very well pointed jojonas!! :o I didn't noticed that at all... I guess the knob needs to be pulled when using 120 film though... I'm assuming this won't make difference when shooting on 35mm
I'm thinking myself about making it semi permanent like that as I have no plans to use 35mm in the cam (atleast not with the adapter). I guess shrinking tube would do the trick nicely~

Call me crazy if you like it... :P but I DO plan to use the camera with 35mm film... :o :o in fact I'm working on some sort of DIY to use the camera. I really like shooting with TLRs and this can be a real fun!
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Chris A Fraser

• Peel Apart
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »
After so much talk latley about the Bronica, I decided to dig out my SQ-A, that I have been neglected for a couple of years. I forgot how much I like shooting with it.

My wife and I took our kids out strawberry picking...... Well I did the picking, my oldest son did mostly eating and my wife looked after a newest son (5 weeks old here)
A Dad, A Photographer, A Baker

http://helloterminalcity.blogspot.com/

Chris A Fraser

• Peel Apart
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
one more..
A Dad, A Photographer, A Baker

http://helloterminalcity.blogspot.com/

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 01:28:54 AM »

Hi all,

I took this one yesterday morning at Pier 82 in Philly.  The SS United States was once a great ocean liner and fast too, but is shabby now.  It's for sale, btw, and would make quite the house boat.

:-)

I wish the public could get close but it's behind a security fence now, awaiting it's fate.  Wouldn't it be cool to get inside there?  Ikon with 50mm Sonnar and Tri-X

Jeff

Lino

• flickr
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »
Lino, the second one is just stunning! It reminded me of a closed diner that I came across in Palestine, TX.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrorkitten/sets/72157625199873336/

Man you gotta love those diners. Hope some day i get to drive around the U.S. looking out for them.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
I'm thinking myself about making it semi permanent like that as I have no plans to use 35mm in the cam (atleast not with the adapter). I guess shrinking tube would do the trick nicely~

Call me crazy if you like it... :P but I DO plan to use the camera with 35mm film... :o :o in fact I'm working on some sort of DIY to use the camera. I really like shooting with TLRs and this can be a real fun!

bah, crazy talk!!! keep me posted, will ya? :D
/jonas

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »
Chris, that first photo is a STUNNING family snap.

I took a good family snap, scanned it and got a cheap big canvas of it (via Groupon).  The quality isn't great, and it may be a bit too big but it brings Mrs Chops and I such happiness it's fantastic - it makes us grin all the time.

Do it!   ;D
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »

I wish the public could get close but it's behind a security fence now, awaiting it's fate.  Wouldn't it be cool to get inside there?  Ikon with 50mm Sonnar and Tri-X

Jeff

What a photo walk that would be!!  Almost worth buying a transatlantic 'plane ticket for.
Nick

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:09 AM »
Jeff, I agree with the others, the third one it has a strong Eggleston influence, cool. I am also a fan of Eggleston  ;D