Author Topic: My first EVER Polaroid!  (Read 15106 times)

Lino

• flickr
Re: My first EVER Polaroid!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »
damn... these guys hit a goldmine.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
They always hit the goldmine...

And I'm starting to wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
the guy actually mods and sells the cameras on his own for $200 to $300. he said IP approached him to sell some of his cameras on the site with the extra goodies (and some sort of profit for IP I'm sure). i'd rather spend $20 for one and mod it myself. or just continue using my manual polas...

speaking of which, 195s are way up in price these days, regularly selling for $500 on ebay. i always wonder who is actually buying all these cameras! they aren't uncommon...always at least 5 for sale on ebay at any moment.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
I really have no idea of what is going on in the markets... somehow, everything these days seems to go against everything I learned in Economy classes... the price vs. scarcity theory seems to be out the window these days...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

DrewCollier

• 35mm
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2010, 12:58:35 AM »
Who is buying these?! I have 3 250s that I've bought for 15 bucks or less. They are all big window ones which these may or may not be. They are all in great condition. I've soldered in AAA battery holders so I can change out the batteries when I need to.

The 180s and 195s are just overpriced. I just got a 180 for free from a friend a couple weeks ago. It's a nice camera but not worth the price they are going for.

Lino

• flickr
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 02:16:23 AM »
I wonder why lomography didn't start selling polaroid land cameras yet... hahaha
just imagine the profit.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
I just got a Polaroid "Reporter" for basically nothing..if anyone is interested in it for the cost of shipping please PM me and I can send you an image of the camera....

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »
I wonder why lomography didn't start selling polaroid land cameras yet... hahaha
just imagine the profit.

The fact that they use fuji instax in some of their cameras, polaroid products would possibly drive customers away from buying their own customized instant backs.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:31:52 PM by sapata »
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 12:11:34 AM »
On closer inspection the price tag on that 250 kit read:

Image courtesy of Shutterstock.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
My wife and I went into London yesterday (bad mistake - engineering works on the track, 3 changes, "trains, planes and automobiles" routine for two and a half hours for the 50 mile journey). Anyway, we eventually got to Bloomsbury and went past RG Lewis camera shop on Southampton Row. There, I spotted a Polaroid back for the Hasselblad.

The chap who works there is very nice and, as I'm a complete "instant" novice, he explained to - with the use of my camera, their back and a pack of their Fuji instant film, exactly how it works. I might get one eventually but it only takes 6cm x 6cm shots it seems to me that they are really only of any real use to check exposure before committing to film. However, here's a shot I took outside the shop.

Hasselblad 500C/M, 80mm Planar f2.8 CT* 1/60th @f5.6. Processed in Lightroom2 and the ONLY change is a slight tweak to warmth to reduce the blue / green tint.

Any Hassy users out there use of these? Is it worth the expense? Incidentally, now I've blown it up a bit, I've just spotted the golf ball texture effect on the darker areas (leaves, etc). Interesting but probably not something I'd want to print from a scan....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:19:57 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »
LD, I use one and find it great. Sure you only get a 6x6 exposure, but, I find they scan up real nice and have a nice soft feel to them.

Lino

• flickr
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:16 AM »
The fact that they use fuji instax in some of their cameras, polaroid products would possibly drive customers away from buying their own customized instant backs.

i guess... but i don't know, i bet they could sell it with the right marketing :D

so the other day i found a nice and clean 450 and everything works like a charm. it even came with some old #532 batteries that still have juice. now i just gotta wait a couple of months until the film gets here haha