Author Topic: Postcard Exchange Third Round Sign up now!  (Read 13876 times)

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Re: Postcard Exchange Third Round Sign up now!
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »
Isn't bigger always better? :) :) :)

Nicole BM

• Nicole Boenig-McGrade
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
All postcards have been sent this morning.

Received Becky's today of the "guys" on Route 66. :) Thank you very much Becky.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:07:16 PM by Nicole BM »

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »

I'd like to make a request for the next round if I may...
Can we please include our printing processes on the cards.

For this round already sent, it would be great if we could all post the card process here. What do you think?

My card, sent last Saturday, should arrive soon.  Perhaps it's too obvious to warrant an explanation but, it is a contact print from a 4x5 Tri-x negative on an Ilford post card.

Matt
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

artpunk

• Life is absurd, but beautiful!
    • The Plastic Lens
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
I sent all mine this morning, sorry for the tardiness. I have received so many great cards, all so varied and interesting in so many ways. Thanks all.
...the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'
theplasticlens

rdbkorn

• Error-Prone
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
I thank all my fellow procrastinators for keeping me company in my own procrastination - mine were sent out yesterday. I apologize to all who were timely for having to wait for the rest of us to catch up. The cards received so far have been truly outstanding, and I thank everyone for participating. - Paul

rolo

• What comes out gray is really red.
    • rolopix!
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »
All of mine got mailed on May fourth.  Should be reaching mailboxes right about now.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »
really sorry, but I just havent got around to posting mine yet (feel really bad about it).  I will endeavour to get them in the postman's sack tomorrow.
L.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 11:38:32 PM »
All, mine are FINALLY in the post. Should be reaching out to the four corners of the globe from tomorrow morning. Apologies for the lateness and also (when they arrive) for the fact that they're big...really big. I messed up with the printer and asked for them too big. Doh!

Worth saying too that on the strength of the cards I've received so far this round is the strongest yet. Some truly breathtaking images have been landing on my doormat over the last 3 weeks. Well done everyone...an outstanding achievement.

Nicole BM

• Nicole Boenig-McGrade
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2009, 01:51:21 AM »
I'm wondering if it's not too much trouble to have a postcard gallery of some sort. Or for everyone to upload their cards at the very end of the postcard round thread and once all cards have been received - so not to kill the surprise. What do you think?

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2009, 03:15:48 PM »
I think that is a terrific idea!..should we do just this last round or all three?  I vote for all three..What incredible work these are..I feel so honored to have everyones art in my collection ...

Roger Thoms

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
I have received postcards from the following people: Ken , Ailsa, Otto , Piet , Diane , Salvo , Sean, Damion , Becky, Nigel, Mike, Paul,  Rob, Matthew, Nicole, Stu, and Cameron. The cards all look great and I have them in all in a book for easy viewing.

Also Nicole asked about the printing process for the cards. Mine were done in the darkroom with Ilford postcard paper developed in Clayton P20 and Selenium toned 1:9 for 4 to 6 minutes. Film was Tmax 400 in D-76 1:1 and the camera was Nikon 8008s. The exposure and focal length are long forgotten if I ever knew what the were. Most likely I shot on aperture priority at somewhere between f8 and f16.

Roger
formerly rtbadman

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »
I'm wondering if it's not too much trouble to have a postcard gallery of some sort. Or for everyone to upload their cards at the very end of the postcard round thread and once all cards have been received - so not to kill the surprise. What do you think?

Nicole/Diane: yeah let's do some galleries. One for each round of the postcard exchange. Just ironing out some details on this with the other 4 people who run FW with me and I'll start a new thread with details of how we'll set it up in the next day or so when I've got their comments back.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »
Hi everyone

I came back from a week away on Saturday to a great selection of brilliant postcards. Thank you. It almost makes going back to work OK (but not quite - they're not that good).  ;)

I think it's a great idea to have the images in a gallery.

Nigel-lots-to-develop-and-scan
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

pdewolff

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »
thanks everyone for the great postcards, today Ed's was on the doormat, big, pardon, BIG....and great, like all cards this exchange-round....