Author Topic: Pre-Festive UK FW meet up in London?  (Read 13247 times)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
Re: Pre-Festive UK FW meet up in London?
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 06:51:14 PM »
all in all a grand day out,  the kenna was a bit of a let down (gallery closed for christmas.....yesterday, nothing on website to advertise this fact.....)  BUT still met some nice people, had some nice coffee and cake.  saw some EXCELLENT prints...all in all a success i think!!

we should do it again....

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 12:19:17 PM »
I've almost recovered from all the excitement of yesterday. It was nice meeting people finally  ;D
I hope I didn't break some unwritten rule of filmwasters meets by photoing a lot of the time. What kind of filmwasters doesn't take pictures of filmwasters meets?  :P
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

Ailsa

• Peel Apart
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »
Likewise, it was very nice to catch up with some old faces - and put names to a few new ones.

Heather - I suppose the answer is that a lot of us knew what to expect, so didn't want to crack any lenses!

Damion - hope you got home in time for Strictly Come Dancing.  8)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
Great to see everyone. Bummer about the Kenna show being shut (as we had a few late additions from APUG who came along specifically for that, but it was nice to meet Ian, Delphine etc. even if it was under false pretences  :)).  It was great seeing some new prints from Leon (albeit from old negs), Heather's cyanotypes (one of which was particularly bewitching...I may need to put in an order) and it was an honest-to-goodness bonus to have Colin come along for the day and to see some of his amazing work first hand and up close. On top of all of that I may even have got Ailsa interested in using Twitter.
 ;)

L-R: Colin Summers, Ailsa's hand, Leon & Jin in the coffee shop before de-camping to the Photogs' Gallery.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »
it was really great to meet those I hadn't seen before, and seeing those I knew already.  Have a great xmas everyone.  Now - how about meeting up in Jan?  I hear Michael Kenna has an exhibition in some Gallery in London until 31 jan?
L.

colinbkk99

• 35mm
    • colinsummers.com
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »
 a great day guys, it really was a pleasure meeting you all, hopefully i'll be on the January rerun.
Have a good Christmas

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
Now - how about meeting up in Jan?  I hear Michael Kenna has an exhibition in some Gallery in London until 31 jan?

I've forgotten the suggested window of opportunity ... 9-14th of January was it? Somewhere in that range? I need a calendar...

Ed - which cyanotype did you like? If it was the one on tissue, get your order in soon as that paper has been discontinued, though Atlantis Art seemed to have a stack of it about 2ft high so not a huge danger of running out, but still a possibility.

I like the photo. I'm going to wait until after Christmas to send off my roll of film from the day(managed to finish it off later) because I'm hoping to maybe add a few rolls over the Christmas period to my order.
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

jrong

• 35mm
    • Artemisworks
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to names, am glad I could make this one!

Perhaps next time I'll bring a copy of my book along that Leon reviewed... no prints to share alas until I can get my guestroom windows sufficiently blacked out to turn it into a makeshift darkroom.... my printing skills are embryonic at best, and thus anything I might have to show might be quite embarrassingly bad. ;)

Jin

ArtemisWorks Photography | www.artemisworks.plus.com
Anti-digital Militant :-)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »

I've forgotten the suggested window of opportunity ... 9-14th of January was it? Somewhere in that range? I need a calendar...

Ed - which cyanotype did you like? If it was the one on tissue, get your order in soon as that paper has been discontinued, though Atlantis Art seemed to have a stack of it about 2ft high so not a huge danger of running out, but still a possibility.

Heather, yeah that's the one. Would love a print of some sort. It doesn't have to be on the wafer thing paper though.