Author Topic: Scraping The Bowl  (Read 1549 times)

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
Scraping The Bowl
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »
Back in the day when I used to partake in illegal use of drugs, particularly weed...when we'd run out of stash or it was low, we resorted to scraping the bowl for residue and smoke it up. Fun times.

Now I find myself scraping the box. The Polaroid film box, that is. Ugh. Rations are getting really low and I sweat every time I look in the ice box. But why? Who knows. I honestly can't wait till the shit is gone. I've held on to two packs of film for too long. Time Zero and SX-70 like some nut. For what? I have no clue. I'm certain to buy this new PX film and hopefully soon as I have several code coupons from Polanoid. Meh.

Anyhow, speaking of rations....here's what I have left.

20 - 600 type film
1 - Time Zero
1 - SX-70
5 - 665 type film ( I just sold two packs)
2 - Twin Pack Spectra
1 - 990 type film
20 - 20 Fuji 3000B
2 - 667 type film

Hows about you all?
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
Re: Scraping The Bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 01:42:39 AM »
I have quite a bit of pola film stashed away, but I'm not afraid to use something up. I may save some films for special occasions, such as 665, but what good is film if you don't use it?

Though I do have one pack of 85 left...I'm not going to save it forever, but I'm going to make sure that when I do use it, it's worth it!
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:47 AM »
I have 3 shots of 600 left in a pack that I took out from the sx-70 to put the PX100 in. I found I have one pack of 664 (exp 2008) the other day and went NOOO I THOUGHT I USED YOU ALL UP! Especially as I had two(three?) twinpacks from an ebay nutter of really expired 667 which wasn't that great... luckily I've worked out this is the last pack of some expired stuff I got off of a friend for free so that's not so bad.

I think I have 6 shots left in a slightly expired (but it doesn't seem to expire!) FP100C pack in my polaroid camera but I can take that off the camera and put it on my 4x5 at least.

That's about it... the 667 stuff taught me that polaroid doesn't keep so well for years on end so I should put it to good use now rather than later. I'll buy FP100C/B when I need it.

so to summarise...
3 shots (not packs) 600
1 pack 664
6 shots FP100C
1 shot + 1 pack PX100

roll film, expired, is a different story since I keep getting free rolls of Kodak 200 Gold from another friend. I think I'm set for life now especially as I rarely shoot 35mm these days.
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »
about 4 packs of 600
maybe 4 of fuji fp silk
a couple of boxes of well expired 4x5 pola...can't remember which ones.

as  long as I can buy the fuji film i'm fine with that.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »
15 - 600
2 - 66(something)
8 - Spectra
4 - 669
Lots of Fuji.
A couple of packs of Fuji 4X5 - I have no idea why I have this as I have no camera to use it in!

Not holding on to anything for any real  reason. I'm with Beck, it will be something of a relief for the Polaroid to be gone - seeing the odd box or two just sat there is slightly irritating.

I did consider stockpiling my favourite Fuji film when its demise was announced and then decided against it - probably best to get on with what is available rather than to hang on to what isn't.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:45 AM »
I've got some nice sativa bud drying out in the attic. should be ready soon if you want some? Save you having to srcape that tarry gunk out again.

:o ;) ;) :o ;)

any law enforcement type big-brother sort of thing watching.  this is clearly a gag.  I'never touched any polaroid film in my life and I dont intend to start  - i've seen what that sh*t can do to your bank balance.
L.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »
I bought mine before it became  an endangered species or I was given it!

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
I'm sitting long  on:-

-a fair few boxes of 125ia
-about 10 twin boxes of 600 film
-few odd boxes of 664 & 667

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
I know what you mean, Becky. I had 3 boxes of expired Type 55 which I swore to do something awesome with, but then 3 years later still had stashed in the fridge. Tension mounted. I even bought something like 4 cameras to use it with. Tension increased. In the end I decided to sell them because we were short of cash one month. It was actually quite a liberating experience.

I now also have 3 cameras to sell (I?m keeping one of them)  :D

So what?s left? Well, like Damion I have a fair few packs of 125i lying around ? probably around 30 (although that?s substantially fewer than I had a year ago when I pretty much stopped using any other film). I have 3 or 4 packs of various flavours of 5x4 Pola sheet film (found 2 unopened boxes of Type 72 in a cupboard last week...which was nice) and the odd pack of 669 or similar.

Oh yeah, I also have 2 packs of lovely 500 integral film left for my beloved Joycam. Will use that this summer because it takes a gorgeous snap in strong sunlight.

I?m not listing the Fujifilm instant stuff (of which I have a fair amount) because that?s not under threat (see my other post about the surprisingly low prices of the Fujifilm peel apart instant film).

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
There's something that's always kept me from counting (as if like the fishes and the loaves, if I didn't focus on a number, it would remain limitless...).  But curiosity got the best of me and I counted what was in my film cabinet in my basement and what was in the fridge:

600/ SX-70 packs:
(22) 600s
(2) Fade to Blacks

Med Format packs:
(4) Sepia
(3) Choc
(7) 125i Silk
(4) 664s
(1) 665
(1) 669
(10) 667
(5) 690