Which Board? > Photo Essays

1938 to 1941, in Sudan and Crete

(1/2) > >>

Sandeha Lynch:
Not a photo essay but a link to a selection of 140 of my father's photos taken when he was first in the Merchant Navy and then in the RAF at the beginning of WWII, in Sudan, Egypt, and Crete.

I scanned these around 15 years ago and you may have seen some before but I recently edited and resized them. What once looked large on XP gradually appeared to shrink with increases in monitor resolution. One of those long overdue tasks prompted by our lock-down, I guess.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sandeha/albums/72157714487027898

k008 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

zapsnaps:
There are some really interesiting photos there, thank you for sharing - but I don't envy you the scanning process.

Adam Doe:
Wonderful set of photos. The view of the pyramids from the sky really struck me as I can't recall ever seeing a picture of them from that height/angle.

Sandeha Lynch:

--- Quote from: Adam Doe on June 03, 2020, 06:45:13 PM ---Wonderful set of photos. The view of the pyramids from the sky really struck me as I can't recall ever seeing a picture of them from that height/angle.

--- End quote ---

You're right. No jet would fly by at that height there now. They had the opportunity and it looks as though he anticipated the shots to have them lined up so well.

p015 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

p016 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Bryan:
These are amazing Sandeha!  Any idea what camera he was using? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version