Author Topic: New York  (Read 2645 times)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
New York
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
New York – Olympus OM2 50mm Zuiko

I’ve been there a couple of times now and it is one of my favourite cities. I took these as my return to film from digital was just blossoming.    

Near Wall Street

Near Wall Street

Outside the Chrysler Building

Near Carnegie Hall

Outside NY Library

Start spreading the news!
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Re: New York
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
Nice shots, the first one particularly. Oddly enough I was putting together some of my own shots from Midtown (taken last weekend) to post here soon. NYC is essentially one giant and continuous photo opportunity.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »
I really like the colours and steam combination of the second image. Hoping to go there one day.

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
Nice shots, the first one particularly. Oddly enough I was putting together some of my own shots from Midtown (taken last weekend) to post here soon. NYC is essentially one giant and continuous photo opportunity.

Thanks. I do wish that I'd done a bit more on film while I was there.
verianthomas.com

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
I really like the colours and steam combination of the second image. Hoping to go there one day.

Thanks Kevin, it is an amazing city and well worth a visit.
verianthomas.com

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:09:57 PM »

Near Carnegie Hall

Hey! My office is two blocks up on the right there :D I am sitting here right now.

I agree that NYC is very photogenic! But like everything else, familiarity breeds contempt and I constantly find myself wishing I could get out into the country, small towns, etc. But that's why I try to travel as much as possible! And on the flip side, I love seeing outsiders' pictures of my city :)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »

Near Carnegie Hall

Hey! My office is two blocks up on the right there :D I am sitting here right now.

I agree that NYC is very photogenic! But like everything else, familiarity breeds contempt and I constantly find myself wishing I could get out into the country, small towns, etc. But that's why I try to travel as much as possible! And on the flip side, I love seeing outsiders' pictures of my city :)

That's the view from The Wellington, which I stayed at on my first visit.

I think one might become somewhat immune to places, when you see the same things every day they don't seem that interesting perhaps, but they are. Everytime I'm in London I find so many things to point a camera at, but if I lived there I suspect my eyes would pass over things that I would, as a visitor, notice. I find stopping and waiting occasionally, makes me see things that I might otherwise not notice (although it's usually at that point that my wife starts getting grumpy with me!)
verianthomas.com