Author Topic: Desert Southwest Road Trip  (Read 2520 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Desert Southwest Road Trip
« on: July 10, 2021, 04:42:36 AM »
With COVID restrictions easing and starting a project for work in New Mexico my wife and I decided to take a road trip to New Mexico.  I’ve traveled over most of the west but there are some great places that I haven’t seen so we decided hit some of them on the way.  We started during the worst heatwave we have ever had in the Pacific Northwest so the first leg of the journey was just covering some ground in the air conditioned vehicle from our home near Seattle to Boise, Idaho.  After a night in Boise and visiting a friend we headed to Utah.  We decided to head South through the East part of Utah since we have traveled the major interstates through the center of the state. 

This was right after passing over the state line from Idaho in the small town of Snowville, Utah.  All of these photos were shot with my trusty old Chinon SLR using Panatomic-X that expired 3/1963.  I developed it in HC-110 dilution B.

Mollie's Cafe by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

One place that I have wanted to see for a long time is Arches National Park near Moab, Utah.  Some beautiful rock formations and the clouds were putting on a nice show as well.  There’s still a lot more in the area to see, I wish we had more time to spend there. 

Raodside Cliffs in Arches National Park by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Skyline Arch by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Rock Foramation in Arches National Park by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Road in Arches National Park by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Desert Southwest Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 04:52:06 AM »
After leaving Moab we crossed over the Southwest corner of Colorado and dropped into New Mexico heading to our next destination, Santa Fe.  It’s a beautiful old city with a great central downtown area with old churches, museums, galleries and restaurants.  My wife took me out for a great meal for my birthday and we spent most of our time wandering round town. 

I forgot to mention, all of these photos were shot with an Auto Tamron 21mm f/4.5 lens except for this one which was an Auto Vivitar 135mm telephoto f/2.8 lens. 

Santa Fe Skyline by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Loretto Chapel by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

That’s my wife patiently waiting for me in the shade of the tree while I take the shot.
St. Francis Cathedral by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 04:58:37 AM »
After dropping my wife off at the airport in Albuquerque I had to head on to Gallup, New Mexico for work.  I had a bit of time so I followed what’s left of the old Route 66. 

Roadside Memorial by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Tree cholla by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Highland Meadows Riding Club by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Whiting Brothers Gas Station by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

I still have to drive back when I’m done here so I need to start plotting another road trip but I’ll probably be in more of a hurry to get home.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 04:07:51 AM »
I came back to see the chinon shots again.
Does the meter in this camera work or are you seat of the pantsing it?

Great set! That's the time in Gallup we met when you were working out there.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 06:25:01 AM »
I came back to see the chinon shots again.
Does the meter in this camera work or are you seat of the pantsing it?

Great set! That's the time in Gallup we met when you were working out there.
The meter does still work in that camera but I may not have been using the correct voltage battery.  I don’t think that matters much though.  Yes, that was the trip I met you, I spent the whole summer down there, got to see a lot.