Author Topic: So Who is going to waste some film this weekend.  (Read 2684 times)

Wally

So Who is going to waste some film this weekend.
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:09:19 AM »
I am SO sick of winter but it is suppsed to be above freezing here on Sunday so I am going to waste some film. At least of few rolls of Efke IR anyone else going to waste some film?

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
Re: So Who is going to waste some film this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:50:19 AM »
i have to work again, which is a bummer. phoenix matsuri is happening, too, but i'll miss it. spring break is coming up, planning on a couple day trips.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

cwilk

• Mostly Monochrome
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »
I intend to go to my local shop and buy something with Ilford on the box.

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:54:11 PM »
it's been the lantern festival here this last week(i think it started on thursday). i went on saturday despite the rain and took shots in the daylight and at night. shot three rolls(one in the holga 120N, one in the holga 135bc, and one in the brownie hawkeye flash) and i should have at least two rolls back tomorrow. then today(sunday) was a kaohsiung flickr meet up so i went to that and wasted some more film. we ended the day at camera coffee a coffee shop where camera geeks hang out. my friends and the boss, and a few other customers were interested in my holga 135bc and brownie hawkeye flash. always nice when that sort of thing happens. i was happy at least one friend that prior had been digital only was talking about wanting a film camera...:)

william

russmorris

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 03:57:59 PM »
My bag currently has my Olympus Stylus Epic with a 36 exposure roll of 400UC - 4 shots left & my Olympus 35RC with an expired (2002) roll of Kodak Ektachrome 160T, also 36 exposures, with 24 left to shoot.

It's raining pretty good here in Silicon Valley today, but I carry my bag with me always. Hopefully I'll get in a few shots some time today...

russmorris

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
Cool, William... when I talk to anyone about Photography I mention that I'm still using film cameras and that lucky for me, there are folks who've abandoned film for digital - which gives me the opportunity to get great used film cameras for cheap. I've actually been given a few film cameras after mentioning my obsession!

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:52:58 PM »
Spring is in the air and its nice over here so being as lazy as ever a few tulips and some daylight by the window with a close up lens stuck on a 60mm Hasselblad lens with Bluetac and I came up with this image below and a few others.   Only the smallest section of the flower is in focus. Quite pleased as it's  a while since I developed a roll of film so it felt good to get some fresh work.

cpierce

• Chris Pierce Images
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 03:25:44 AM »
I got a new/old toy  Perkeo I.  Learning zone focusing with this one.  Also playing with Xtol 1to1 and Delta 100, I really like the results.  This image is off the mark, but if it wasn't it would great.  Still like the negative.

Also having a little fun, weather is not nice here.  Barbour clothing shots.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
Chris Pierce

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 11:58:52 AM »
Quite pleased as it's  a while since I developed a roll of film so it felt good to get some fresh work.

As others know, I am not really a fan of `still life`, but damn this be good. The straight simplicity is very nice, and the overall tone and feel really appealing. I would feel good about this one as well...

The gun portrait is good too! Skj.

otto k

• ottok photography
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 04:08:04 PM »
Excellent to the above. 

I finally got out and shot some film for the first time in a few weeks; the weather and a good location finally aligned after several disappointing places.  I haven't developed the film yet though, so nothing to share.

otto k

• ottok photography
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
Well, I did waste some paper in the darkroom that I can share.  I've had some 6x9 negatives from a (new) Agfa Clack for a bit because I didn't have a negative carrier for that size.  So Saturday morning, I made a carrier from some remainder mat board and this is my first print from a 6x9 negative.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:36:27 PM by ottok »

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »
Wasted a little film using the new to me SL66. Made a series of images of the god-children - I like the way they work as a cntact sheet as opposed to individual images.

rdbkorn

• Error-Prone
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »
I'm liking everything I see here - well done everyone!