Author Topic: Polaroids in the Urban Snow.  (Read 2261 times)

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
Polaroids in the Urban Snow.
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »
Expired Polaroid in the snow, talk about thickening goop. Some did not even spread, and the print blew off into the winds when pulled...

I've been fascinated by the multi-level interchanges on the Shuto expressway for ages, so in the snow I took a drive down to one and wasted two packs of film for about two usable results - one neg (Type-665), and one print (Type-667).

What did you shoot? Skj.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
Re: Polaroids in the Urban Snow.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »
couple nice shots! that top shot reminds me of choreographed dancing.
no snow here in the valley. there was a big winter storm that came through on superbowl weekend (it was here) but just some rain in the valley. i went for a hike on saturday on a local mountain with my new great wall df-2 just to test it out and see what it was capable of.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:07:48 PM »
For some reason your expressway looks a lot nicer here than on fickle. I would have liked to seen a comparison using the same subject and the pinhole vs. the 195.... wondering if the flare out would generally be the same. Try it. You got a nice exposure with a nice clean focus there. You can also bring along something for *weight and hold the camera down with windy conditions too.

Sean, groovy stuff as always...even your grand blog entry about the roll film too. Good job.

*Ha ha...

I shot off two frames of 665. Man that stuff is glorious...and messy. Love it. Horribly exposed but who cares. I chucked one over for the collab and this one I'll leave up to you to decipher. It's actually the little girl I use in my work with a scarf wrapped around her blowing in the wind. She appears as some mythical animal or something...haha.

Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Yaniv Waissa

• My photographic journey
    • http://www.waissa.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:09:26 PM »
Dear Skorj
I love your works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great composition and point of wiev and most of all the soul that you put in your works makes the different
Thanks
The Storm Still Rages Inside

astrobeck

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 04:37:47 PM »
Man! That first shot is amazing and almost scary!
It might be one of your best as far as a people-less shot.

I ran a roll of old T-Max through a new (to me) F100, hope to have something worthwhile to post later this week.

Sean- I see the Ocotillo are leafy in your part of the SW.  They're still dead sticks over here.

Becky

traskblueribbon

• instant junkie
    • flickr stream
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:38:47 PM »
awesome shots Skorj.

nothing to post yet as I am behind on my scans...

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:56:46 PM »
becky - yeah, spring has sprung. it's still cold at night (30s), but everything is starting to bloom. really wet winter, too, which helps.

for all you non desert dwellers, this shot is from the phoenix preserves, a mountain chain that runs through the middle of phoenix. nice hiking a couple miles from home.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:02:24 PM by moominsean »
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Wally

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »
nice, I recently shot a few rolls of Infrared in one of my Holgas in the snow. These were shot on Efke IR820 film

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »
Great Wall, trees in snow, peering into murky Type-665; love it all. Arigato.

eyecaramba

• Reject from Richmond
    • Eye Caramba
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »
Nice work, Skorj.  I have some nice gotham highway and overpass areas around here as well.

Sean, I miss the ocotillo.  And hate to confess that I don't knowthe legendary Great Wall at all though I have read about here for years now.

Wally, I really like the top one.
My chopstick is really a love poem.