Author Topic: Weekend - February 17, 18 & 19, 2023  (Read 758 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Weekend - February 17, 18 & 19, 2023
« on: February 18, 2023, 01:31:27 AM »
Crown Graphic 34 with Kodak Anastigmat 170mm f/6.3 lens.  The film is Adox CHS 100 II developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 10:30 minutes.  I really like this lens, I’ve had it sitting in a drawer for years, glad I’m finally using it.

Rachael doing what she does best.  I couldn’t get her to hold her breath for the 2 second exposure so there’s some motion blur. 
Rachael Napping by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Rachael Napping Close-up by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Labware in Window by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Three Leaves by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend - February 17, 18 & 19, 2023
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 01:16:05 PM »
Very nice tonality in the first shot, Bryan. The Adox CHS100 II is one of my favourite films, but I have never developed it in Rodinal. I have used Kodak XTOL, but after Kodak messed it up with a new recipe I've switched to Adox XT-3. It's just as good as XTOL if not better, and it keeps for months. And then it's available in one and three liter packs as opposed to Kodak's five liter bags.

Praktica MTL 5 / Pentacon 3.5/30 (Meyer Optik "Lydith") / Rollei RPX 400 in XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 07:25:43 PM »
nice weekend start guys.
I'm a fan of apothecary type shots, so love the bottles Bryan.

Mine's from a late last year road trip to Arizona.
Pentax SP500 with the takumar 1.8 lens which is always sharp and sweet to use.
Arista 400 sloshed in caffenol.
I'm always trying to get closeups of Ravens and crows when I'm out an about. These guys were quite curious....having Cheetos at hand helped!

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 04:05:41 AM »
nice weekend start guys.
I'm a fan of apothecary type shots, so love the bottles Bryan.

Mine's from a late last year road trip to Arizona.
Pentax SP500 with the takumar 1.8 lens which is always sharp and sweet to use.
Arista 400 sloshed in caffenol.
I'm always trying to get closeups of Ravens and crows when I'm out an about. These guys were quite curious....having Cheetos at hand helped!

That Wheaton reagent bottle, center left, I saved from the trash on the job I did in Palau last year.  It had a strong acid in it that I had to neutralize.  I think it came from the local high school chemistry lab.  Doesn’t it look like an eye in the middle of it?  It’s focusing the trees outside my window in the eye, that’s what’s blurred in the background. 

We have a lot of crows in my town, the murder is about 16,000.  They migrate over my house in the evening to where they roost for the night.  I keep meaning to get some pictures of them swarming in the evening while they’re picking heir spots in the trees for the night.  It’s like a Hitchcock movie. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 04:08:43 AM by Bryan »