Author Topic: Official: Happiness Thread  (Read 50410 times)

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
Re: Official: Happiness Thread
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
Went to Beaconsfiled cam fair this morning and aquired this...

...for just £30 because the focus knob was loose - which took five minutes to fix. A quick clean up and I'm happy.

It looked like a simple fix... glad it worked!

It was great to see you again Peter, always a pleasant surprise when you bump into someone you know unexpectedly.

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
It was great to see you again Peter,

And you too Paul. Especially as I'd thought about checking to see if you were going but then forgot about it until a reminder popped up on the computer screen that morning.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2011, 06:06:42 AM »
Shhhh!

Shot by my wife with the same Canon AE-1 Program. I made them into a quick triptych to frame for my wife for a stocking stuffer.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
May be some of the things that I will mention do not sound very positive but all in all the overall message is that after almost two months I am regularly shooting again  ;D

I retrieved my equipment from customs three weeks ago (It took me almost two months);  all my cameras and film were there (not very smart).

The house we have rented had two fridges! So now I have a "dedicated" fridge at home, all my instant film fits in  ;D

After almost two months in a Hooot warehouse, film still works, even the type 108 10 years expired film.

My computer died  :o

My scanner died  :o

I have a viral infection in me left eye (of course the one I use for focusing)  :'(

I got my Photo Permit (valid for 1 year)  ;)

Two days ago I was stopped by the secret police  8) when I was using my POlaroid, I did not notice the airport was on the background, luckily, and after showing my Polaroids, I was allowed to keep my camera and polaroids.

Khartoum people are very friendly when it comes to be taken pictures. The city itself is quite.... quite... quite... not very photogenic to say the least, but its people are. Khartoum is dusty, dusty and dusty!!

Right now I am shooting with the Polaroid and the Rolleiflex, the Polaroid of course I can see them, not the Rollei, its a strange feeling not being able to watch the result of what you are doing, but on the other hand it has its own attractiveness. The Polaroid is quite a sensation, usually I shoot one and give one to the person, everybody happy  ;D although sometimes too many people wants a polaroid. Polaroid is just great!

Well, that's it. Oh yes, I am missing participating in the Forum. Now I have a little more time, I will peek time to time.

Carlos.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:03:05 PM by calbisu »

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
Glad you could finally make it back!

And I hope the eye infection gets treated well... eyes are so precious!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2011, 03:27:48 PM »
May be some of the things that I will mention do not sound very positive but all in all the overall message is that after almost two months I am regularly shooting again  ;D

I retrieved my equipment from customs three weeks ago (It took me almost two months);  all my cameras and film were there (not very smart).

The house we have rented had two fridges! So now I have a "dedicated" fridge at home, all my instant film fits in  ;D

After almost two months in a Hooot warehouse, film still works, even the type 108 10 years expired film.

My computer died  :o

My scanner died  :o

I have a viral infection in me left eye (of course the one I use for focusing)  :'(

I got my Photo Permit (valid for 1 year)  ;)

Two days ago I was stopped by the secret police  8) when I was using my POlaroid, I did not notice the airport was on the background, luckily, and after showing my Polaroids, I was allowed to keep my camera and polaroids.

Khartoum people are very friendly when it comes to be taken pictures. The city itself is quite.... quite... quite... not very photogenic to say the least, but its people are. Khartoum is dusty, dusty and dusty!!

Right now I am shooting with the Polaroid and the Rolleiflex, the Polaroid of course I can see them, not the Rollei, its a strange feeling not being able to watch the result of what you are doing, but on the other hand it has its own attractiveness. The Polaroid is quite a sensation, usually I shoot one and give one to the person, everybody happy  ;D although sometimes too many people wants a polaroid. Polaroid is just great!

Well, that's it. Oh yes, I am missing participating in the Forum. Now I have a little more time, I will peek time to time.

Carlos.

I was in Khartoum way back in '84.  I found the people strikingly friendly and hospitable.  How long will you be there?

A pic from back then with my old Pentax 6X7.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2011, 08:43:36 AM »
That's beautiful! Hookstrapped! I really like the girl in the window. I am going to stay for one year, job is Ok but not the best place if you are not working and you have a baby. I want to do kind of a project, portraiture with the Polaroid and the Rolleiflex. The super goal is to make a book, but of course to do that I need enough acceptable shots... Today I dreamt with the cover fot the book, and I think is a good cover idea  ::)

Carlos.

Mike (happyforest)

• Sheet Film
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
Been out of work for a little while, just got a job offer in the post this morning.

Hooray!

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
Been out of work for a little while, just got a job offer in the post this morning.

Hooray!

Congratulations! That's fantastic.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2011, 09:16:29 PM »
That's really nice!
Francois

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2011, 07:53:01 AM »
Congrats! ;D

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
That's beautiful! Hookstrapped! I really like the girl in the window. I am going to stay for one year, job is Ok but not the best place if you are not working and you have a baby. I want to do kind of a project, portraiture with the Polaroid and the Rolleiflex. The super goal is to make a book, but of course to do that I need enough acceptable shots... Today I dreamt with the cover fot the book, and I think is a good cover idea  ::)

Carlos.

Wow.  I suggest Asmara in neighboring Eritrea for a nice photo visit.

Mike (happyforest)

• Sheet Film
« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Thanks Guy's

Mike

DS

• Peel Apart
  • I don't look like my avatar
    • Waffle blag
« Reply #213 on: December 24, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Just shot the first two piccies on a homemade 13x18cm I finished building this evening. looks good. No light leaks, and exposure and dev seem spot on using cheapo TMAX 100 expired in '89.

These are the first large format film I've shot and developed. The whole process is so easy I'm wondering why I never did it before.

I am ecstatically happy.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »
DS, yer dun well !!   ;D

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »
I am ecstatically happy

Great news - well done!

DS

• Peel Apart
    • Waffle blag
« Reply #216 on: December 25, 2011, 10:05:04 PM »
Thanks all. Shot two more today- still just as excited. Can't wait to print something. I've got some of that Silverprint printing-out paper with me but we've had continual, horizontal, high-velocity torrential rain for days here in Argyll. Hopefully it will clear for long enough to print.

That'll make me even happier.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #217 on: December 26, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »
I've got some of that Silverprint printing-out paper with me

Dave, is that Silverprint POP for real, or the Solar Paper?

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
Thanks all. Shot two more today- still just as excited. Can't wait to print something. I've got some of that Silverprint printing-out paper with me but we've had continual, horizontal, high-velocity torrential rain for days here in Argyll. Hopefully it will clear for long enough to print.

That'll make me even happier.

Are you printing outside then? It hasn't got light enough up here to print POP for weeks

DS

• Peel Apart
    • Waffle blag
« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Dave, is that Silverprint POP for real, or the Solar Paper?

It's the solar paper- not the same thing then?

Are you printing outside then? It hasn't got light enough up here to print POP for weeks

Yes, tried today. It cleared up today briefly but no, it was far too dim and dingy. Took about an hour to get any exposure at all...

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »
You can always use those Halloween blacklights... they're mostly UV light.

Or you can drive to one of those public bathrooms where they have blacklights installed to drive off junkies... though you'd look a bit strange going to a gaz station or a doughnut place with your printing frame loaded :)
Francois