Author Topic: 6-8 May weekend thread  (Read 1311 times)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
6-8 May weekend thread
« on: May 07, 2022, 02:51:22 AM »
As promised, another one of my old car photos from last summer.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: 6-8 May weekend thread
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 04:37:19 AM »
Im always a sucker for old cars!

These were both shot on Ilford Pan-F+, the same film I had the problem with last week.  This time I filtered the gunk out of the fix and developed them in Rodinal 1:50 and it came out perfectly clear of spots.  Rolleicord Va. 

Vera on Vacation by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Mary D. Hume by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
What type of fixer did you use, Bryan? I've had this problem lately with Ilford Rapid fix, I have to filter it for every film I develop now. I've never had a problem with this before, now I have to filter the fix even before I start using it.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 01:32:33 PM »
Two more from the Ford show, a couple of weeks ago.

Hasselblad 501CM, 50mm and 80mm, Portra 400

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 03:45:21 PM »
What type of fixer did you use, Bryan? I've had this problem lately with Ilford Rapid fix, I have to filter it for every film I develop now. I've never had a problem with this before, now I have to filter the fix even before I start using it.

I use Photographers Formulary TF-5 Archival Fix.  It lasts a really long time, I usually stop using it when it gets too much sediment in the bottom of the bottle.  This time I didn’t have it in a clear bottle and I think a lot of the sediment appeared when I developed a bunch of 4X5 film in my large Yankee Agitank.  I’m going to be filtering it a lot more from now on. 

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 07:56:58 PM »
My submissions for WPPD taken with the reality _so_subtle 5x4Z at 50mm FL, (which I haven't quite chosen which aspect to go with yet) and one from my windmill project both FP4 in HC110 same camera at 75mm

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 11:54:19 PM »
Nice shots everyone. The cars are excellent in color. These are some shots I took in Sedona, Arizona and recently developed. I ran out of film while I was there (long story) and the only color film the one local camera store had was E-100. I'm not afraid of a little x-pro, so I got a couple of rolls and loaded up. The first shot is of the sun setting against some prominent rocks. I like the warmth of that one. The other is a shady reflecting pool along the Call of the Canyon trail. The x-pro really divides the sunny shots from the shady ones. Both taken with a Nikon F2. I was carrying a bunch of lenses on that hike, so I don't remember which each of these were.

Sedona Sunset 2 by James Harr, on Flickr

Sedona Reflecting Pool by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger