Author Topic: Another good quote about photography  (Read 599 times)

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
Another good quote about photography
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:08:09 AM »
"One day when I was not so young, at a time when my sense of reality had been progressively diluted and anesthetized, I fell into a state in which my reality was dilapidated and ruin inevitable. As I struggled with fear and uncertainty, these symptoms became more pressing. Quickly turning off the television, unthinking I reached out for a camera, that piece of optical apparatus…this was my beginning with photography. At the time I was earnestly seeking the medium for my expression, but had not yet found the answer. Surely I was being drawn inexorably into the world of television, about to join forever the legions of zombies.

Having renounced thoughts of past days and pulled away from my resignation, I discovered the new consciousness to be a cultural wasteland. However, through photography I could begin to gain some awareness of the essence of things. Thus began the photographic life that now drew me: to the outside, to the front, to the street, and to reality and phenomenon. Photography copes with the intervals of time and space, is functional, safe, captivating and a convenient tool for homo-mobilis. If used effectively, it would become the recording instrument for the channel leading to the awakening of my life, would sharpen my senses, and be a trusted guide to expand my perception."

- Seiji Kurata

timor

Re: Another good quote about photography
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:57:09 AM »
Nice.
Thanks for posting.