Author Topic: Weekend 26th - 28th January 2024  (Read 581 times)

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Weekend 26th - 28th January 2024
« on: January 27, 2024, 10:15:02 AM »
On Thursday I finally got a chance to do some shooting, but have not developed the films yet. This year started with strong winds and rain, then snow and recently strong winds and rain again. So these shots are two months old already.

Nikon FM3A / Nikkor 1.8/50 / Kodak Portra 160
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Flippy

• Sheet Film
Re: Weekend 26th - 28th January 2024
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 11:37:22 AM »
Test roll through a newly repaired Super Ricohflex:

Super by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Still having trouble with the Durst F60, I've tried three different enlarger bulbs, and none of them seems capable of giving an even illumination of the frame.

And, I shot this test roll through an Ensign All Distance box camera last year, but now have the chance to print from it using my new Federal enlarger.

Elisabet Ney House by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Testing the DOF in this shot and the results are inconclusive.  ???

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 12:31:19 PM »
I broke out the Noon pinhole a couple of weeks back for a quick lunch hour walk on Eastbourne beach.
Tried a shot into the sun for the first time ever, too which I'm not quite sure of.
FP4+ in Ilfotec HC

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 04:24:53 PM »
Two shots with the new-to-me Envoy Wide Angle camera, and HP5+

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 10:11:42 PM »
I used one of my stashed Agfa vista color 100 rolls I got from Irv a few years back and used it in a Cosmic Symbol that I got from Andrea eleven years ago during a share the love thing we did...anyway, here's two of my pick of the litter from the roll.
I love the faded colour.
And yeah, that's a green light for a dead End road!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 10:13:00 PM »
Still having trouble with the Durst F60, I've tried three different enlarger bulbs, and none of them seems capable of giving an even illumination of the frame.

I just checked the instructions for it (https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/01697/01697.pdf)
Check item 3.2.0 where they say that there are two different condensers for it. You might have the wrong one installed.
The easiest thing you could probably do is use a 100W equivalent warm white bulb, replace the condenser assembly by a diffusion panel and give it a go.
While you will lose a bit of light, the diffuser will make the light very even provided it's far enough from the lamp. But the 100W equivalent should more than make-up for it.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 07:57:10 PM »
I broke out the Noon pinhole a couple of weeks back for a quick lunch hour walk on Eastbourne beach.
Tried a shot into the sun for the first time ever, too which I'm not quite sure of.
FP4+ in Ilfotec HC

I really like the shot into the sun. It almost looks like some sort of electrical discharge – maybe it is?  :o

Kai - are you in Norway? I love the coastal landscapes you post.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2024, 09:04:53 PM »

Thanks Nigel! Yes, I'm in Norway; I live just a few kilometers south of Stavanger on the Southwest coast. I do a lot of shooting trips along the coast here in the winter time. Usually I walk for about two hours or more on each trip, and the location of this weeks pictures is one of my favourites.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2024, 10:45:27 AM »
I just checked the instructions for it (https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/01697/01697.pdf)
Check item 3.2.0 where they say that there are two different condensers for it. You might have the wrong one installed.
The easiest thing you could probably do is use a 100W equivalent warm white bulb, replace the condenser assembly by a diffusion panel and give it a go.
While you will lose a bit of light, the diffuser will make the light very even provided it's far enough from the lamp. But the 100W equivalent should more than make-up for it.

I have both condensers, the one for 50mm lens has a built in mask so it definitely will not work with anything other than the 24x36mm holder. I have swapped in the 100w (?) bulb that came in the old Federal enlarger and this has mostly but not entirely eliminated the vignetting. However, it may be all academic as I've just (right now) located a 6x6 carrier for the Spiratone enlarger that I've been using for all my 35mm stuff.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2024, 04:41:19 PM »
I had somewhat uneven light with my 6x6 LPL enlarger when using the 75mm lens. But when I upgraded to an 80mm, it solved the issue.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2024, 09:49:10 AM »

Thanks Nigel! Yes, I'm in Norway; I live just a few kilometers south of Stavanger on the Southwest coast. I do a lot of shooting trips along the coast here in the winter time. Usually I walk for about two hours or more on each trip, and the location of this weeks pictures is one of my favourites.

I've just been looking at Google maps. For some unknown reason, I hadn't realised quite how far North Norway extends. It looks a fascinating landscape.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website