Author Topic: Type 85 polaroid  (Read 2191 times)

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
    • Janet Penny Photography
Type 85 polaroid
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
I've been on Ebay and bought myself a Polaroid Color Swinger II which apparently takes type 80 film. I was hoping that I could get hold of some type 85 - I know they've stopped producing it but I naively thought someone might still offer it - but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas where I could hold of some without paying a King's ransom, or if any other pos/neg polaroid film can be butchered to fit the camera?

Thanks

Janet

kuru

• camera addict
    • serpent factory
Re: Type 85 polaroid
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 04:53:29 PM »
I don't know of any place that still has 85 (I've only got one pack left). You might see it on Ebay, but it is going to be expensive. You can still get some of the other discontinued 80 series films until the supply runs out.
Kevin Pointer
serpent factory

lauraburlton

• Peel Apart
    • laura burlton photography
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 02:11:32 PM »
Have you tried Polanoid.com ? I think their sales site is unsalable.com or something like that. They always have some expired polaroid stuff but I think it does come at a price.

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:45:10 PM »
yeah it's amazing how quickly it vanished. i have 10 packs left, so i wasn't worried, but i did a search and nobody has any. there are some UK sites that still carry it, but be prepared to spend 15-20 bucks for a pack now, as opposed to the 8.95 it used to be.still lots of 667, 669, etc. on ebay, and you can get it for the same price or cheaper. i just got 10 packs of fuji 100B for 45 bucks.
i hardly ever see square shooter shots other than my own, so i don't know who's using it all up. a bunch will probably show up soon. like when agfa film went byebye, there was none, but now you can buy packs of 50 rolls on ebay for a decent price.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Kelly

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 12:18:07 AM »
My favourite camera was my polaroid colorpack 80, and I just kept putting it off and putting it off to get some more 80 type film.  Now, of course it's all gone.  I can't believe how fast I went (I blame the holgaroid users!), I could always stick another back on my camera, but then I don't have the wonderful little squares.

I hate to see the day when polaroid finally leaves us, but I fear it's coming.

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
    • Janet Penny Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:41:29 AM »
So it sounds like I'm going to have difficulty getting anything type 80 film at all. Is there anything else that is likely to fit?

Kelly

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:30:38 PM »
From what I can tell - no.  Even the polaroid site says to get a new back and use 669-type film.

Boooo.

By the way, the 669-type film is more expensive.

Double boooooo....

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »
been looking around for type 80 film. i have like 10 packs, but still. almost nothing. pretty amazing how fast it went. found a UK site that wanted like $22 US for one pack (all of their polaroid film was outta site pricewise). my guess is that at some point a new batch will be made from sites like unsaleable or something. they do have quite a bit of it currently, just expensive.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:35:39 PM by moominsean »
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »
So it sounds like I'm going to have difficulty getting anything type 80 film at all. Is there anything else that is likely to fit?

Not that I am aware of. Some rectangular format pack-film cameras accept square format films, but not the other way around. Just to check though, what shape is your viewfinder - square or rectangular?

I note the Polga v4 now is rectangular, not square, so I assume square pack-film has gone for good... I would cut it loose, get a rectangular capable machine and wait for that to dissapear too.

Shogani. Skj.