Author Topic: The new project  (Read 1240 times)

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
The new project
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:00:10 AM »
Now the year is ending on my Island Crofters project, I thought I needed some new thing to concentrate on. Since I go and visit Roy on a regular basis to drink a cup of coffee, put the world to rights or just walk on a beach with Ziggy, his lovely dog, I thought this might make a nice subject. So, I grabbed a loaded camera from the festering pile on the warming room floor and took a stroll across the village for my mid-morning chat. As it happens, Roy was not quite up since he'd been toasting the night before with some new found friends in a camper van on one of the local beaches. Soon though, once I'd put the kettle on Roy was up and Ziggy was beating me up with his over-enthusiastic welcome.

It seems Roy might be OK with this project - I need to work on him a bit. Still, I shot a few frames and came home to get ready for the ferry ride to mainland on Friday [gale raging, sense of doom prevailing etc]. The camera I find was loaded with polypan-f rated at 200. And loaded back to front in that when I wound the stuff onto the cassette I must have taped it back to front -red-scale like! With nothing to lose I developed it in Bromophen 1:0.5 for 1.5 mins and came up with some rather pleasant images. Perhaps this is the start of my new project and film/developing combo

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
Re: The new project
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »
Those images look great! Am I right in thinking you exposed these though the base of the film?

If so they are fantastic, as by right they should suffer from halation and low density.

Lovely! possibly I'll have a go with some 4x5s.

mark
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »
Well, whatever you did, worked! I specially liked the third one. Good luck with the project.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
Great idea and a good start too.  I like the interact in the last - one can see that his is stroking a dog and that he is deep in thought too. The dev/film combo is an aside Andrea - its you eye and the end result that stirs me at least!

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
Oh Andrea, these are beautiful.  I hope you continue. 

Suzi Livingstone

• Sheet Film
    • Suzi Livingstone Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:43:20 PM »
The doggy is gorgeous..

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 03:04:02 PM »
Awesome. One day I want to take portraits like that.

Urban

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »
I dont understand the film process you're speaking of but whatever it was, it worked out great because these are wonderful! Just full of mood and emotion.
mojave