Author Topic: Sigur Ros - INNI (Fine then, im off in a sulk now... delete me if you wish)  (Read 1314 times)

Thom Stone

• Peel Apart
    • With The Cold
has anyone else seen this? I saw it at my local cool hipster art cinema last night and as I LOVE the band I thoroughly enjoyed it. at first I thought it was purely shot on film but later I found out that it was shot digitally, re-filmed onto 16mm and then re-filmed from that version again occasionally with weird objects and prisms in front of the lens... strange round about and expensive way to get that kind of effect but hey ho, I thought it was awesome.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/band/disco/inni/inni-film.php

has anyone heard of this kind of technique being used before?

(hope this is film related enough to to get my thread locked down :-p )
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:38:45 PM by thom_stone »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: Sigur Ros - INNI
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
hi thom

I do have to say it is a bit beyond the bounds of this forum - as good as it looks.  Lets try to keep to the guidelines ... film based photography. Ta!

L.
L.

Thom Stone

• Peel Apart
    • With The Cold
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:33:06 PM »
fair cop :-P will just have to find some cool friends to talk to about it.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
Check your PMs Thom - they're right up my strasse, so to speak  ;)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Thom Stone

• Peel Apart
    • With The Cold
p.s. you get real silver gelatin prints and some photographic paper in the limited edition box set... is that film photography enough for ya?! :-P

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/#special-edition-video

johnedwards20

• 35mm
I think the link between photographic film and film for video right now is very closely combined and as much as we can do as a forum to share the interests should be encouraged, digital - for photography & film is having unchangable effects on how artists can express themselves through certain mediums,  for me its the same as telling a water colour painter they suddenly have to start using say spray can paints to work with, any topics to show how to relate anything more to do with a 'film' like texture or look for myself is really appricated,

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Hi John.

I think many of us would agree that digital is a perfectly legitimate medium and most, if not all, members own and enjoy using digital still and video cameras. However, this site is dedicated to portrayal of images that were at least taken using film - even if the final print isn't produced via a traditional, non-digital printing method.

The only digital original imagery you're likely to see on this site is photos of equipment, posted for purely illustrative purposes.

We do, however, reserve the right to tease Leon (one of the site owners) a bit when something as jaw-droppingly gorgeous as the aforementioned "Inni" hits the radar as it certainly has a very filmic quality to it. Nevertheless, it was shot on digital and, by the terms of this site, doesn't belong on here "officially".
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
I'm going to lock this thread now - just because we really don't want to get into yet another debate about what level of digital discussion/ use is relevant on film wasters.  There is a slippery slope argument at play here - once the slightest of digital content it allowed, we have less of a forceful position on excluding further, more explicitly digital work.  Sorry to all, but we just are very careful to ensure the site we provide stays true to our original intentions.

The site guidelines can be found here: http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=70.0

Cheers.

L.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:26:04 AM by leon taylor »
L.