Author Topic: Heading off to Spokane  (Read 2736 times)

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Heading off to Spokane
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »
Not sure if any FW's will be in the area, I know there are a few up in WA, but I think they are of the web-footed variety. Anyway, I will be there from the 21st to the 28th. If you are in the area, drop me a line. If you have suggestions of places to shoot, let me know. I am planning to take a morning out in the Palouse and shoot some wheat fields and maybe a waterfall. The Spokane Falls will probably be pretty dry this time of year, but still might be worth a night shot or two. The Monroe Street Bridge, with its cow skull decorations is always a fave.

Gear list:
Speed Graphic + Optar 135mm
Bronica S2a + Nikkor 50mm
Nikkormat FTn + Nikkor 50/1.4

Going to try and spool up some Dacomatic 25 and Eterna 500T for the 35mm
Acros 100 and Portra 160 for the MF
Vericolor II and Delta 100 for the 4x5

Hopefully I will have lots to dev, scan and share when I get back.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Heading off to Spokane
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:07:59 AM »
I am the web-footed variety but if you come over to the wet side let me know.  Can't wait to see what you shoot. 

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 03:52:19 AM »
I live in Olympia and also have moss growing on my north side.
Except that last summer was much warmer than normal and this summer is even worse. We are in a drought and there was only 10% of the normal snow pack this year so.........not a webfoot in sight this year.   

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
My first digital camera came from there It took for ever to come because of 7/11

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
As promised, the Monroe Street Bridge with cow skull ornaments.

S2a-Portra160-003 by James Harr, on Flickr

The lower falls with the site of the '74 World's Fair and Exposition in the background (now called Riverfront Park).

S2a-Portra160-006 by James Harr, on Flickr

Manito Park on the South Hill.

Spokane Japanese Garden by James Harr, on Flickr

It is wheat country up there. You're going to see a grain elevator or five. I snapped this moments before a thunder storm rolled in and I rolled out.

Stormy Grain Elevator by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »
Just processed a few of the LF color shots.
Speed Graphic + Optar 135/4.7
Expired Vericolor II (tungsten balanced shot in daylight). The wheat field shot was color balanced a bit in post.

When in wheat country...

Wheat-Country2 by James Harr, on Flickr

Missed focus, but still a nice soft flower shot.

Missed by James Harr, on Flickr
Flickr
Blogger

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:01:43 AM »
Last one. This barn turned out soft because I think I didn't have the front standard pulled all the way out to the infinity stops. Ah well. Live and learn. I kind of like it a little soft like this.

Barn2 by James Harr, on Flickr
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:10:09 AM »
Last one. This barn turned out soft because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Ah well. Live and learn. I kind of like it a little soft like this.

Sorry, I missed that part where you stopped speaking English  :P :o ???

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

HA! I had a friend in college who was studying anthropology. He said that every field of study creates it's own language specifically to exclude 'outsiders'. I suppose even within a field like film photography there are niche languages so that those with LF gear don't have to deal with the 35mm rif raff.
>:D
Flickr
Blogger

6cmsquare

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
Nice shots! 15 years in Washington and and I still haven't been up there... I'll have to go check it out!
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 06:22:40 PM »

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

HA! I had a friend in college who was studying anthropology. He said that every field of study creates it's own language specifically to exclude 'outsiders'. I suppose even within a field like film photography there are niche languages so that those with LF gear don't have to deal with the 35mm rif raff.
>:D

Not been called rif raff for a while...

I do agree with Satish, all this talk of front standards and infinity stops had me reaching for the flower foul, but i resisted as the shots are so nice