Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 842489 times)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #750 on: June 27, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »
Giggity

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #751 on: June 27, 2014, 01:22:33 AM »
Nice!

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #752 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01:43 AM »
My favorite leica!

The fuji ga645 cost me a bit under £200, a 645rf is at least £400.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #753 on: June 27, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »
My favorite leica!

The fuji ga645 cost me a bit under £200, a 645rf is at least £400.

That´s a good deal on the fuji! Sorry if my RF-love got a bit out of hand there.

M5? Nice! Never had the pleasure of trying one out properly, but it seams really nice in the hand.
Congrats!
Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #754 on: June 27, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »
Giggity
And we don't get a short video of you jumping around the kitchen like a four year old kid?  ;)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #755 on: June 27, 2014, 02:58:29 PM »
I have to admit I'm quite excited. To McDuff's credit I'm extremely impulsive. My M2 was giving me issues and I took it in for service. Turns out the rangefinder was a "swimmer" and just didn't work well with my camera position and I was getting mis readings when focussing. I'm told that the camera could be perfectly fine with another user while it could be inconsistent with me. So with that news I listed the M2 and picked up an M i'd been lusting over for some time. So far so good. The meter is really cool, and it works with my Biogon 35mm F2. Something I was worried about because of the depth that the biogon protrudes inside of the body. I also lucked out and found a 2 lug model with the 135XXXX serial number, so it has the improved internals and should be a lot more reliable.

Test roll is complete, Foolishly I spooled up some doubleX, while I'm still trying to figure out the proper dev time in Xtol. I think that the posted times online are a little too much. I might reduce time by a minute and a half and see what I get.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #756 on: June 27, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »
Also It appears mcduff has brought a gem to my attention. The camera came with one of those fancy shmancy PX625 adapters that adapt the voltage for newer batteries. I didnt realize that those things cost so much!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #757 on: June 27, 2014, 10:21:05 PM »
Especially when they're just a diode connected to the positive part...
Francois

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #758 on: June 27, 2014, 11:07:43 PM »
Especially when they're just a diode connected to the positive part...

I have not tried this yet but this is a tutorial how to make your own:  http://www.butkus.org/chinon/batt-adapt-us.pdf

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #759 on: June 28, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
That´s a good deal on the fuji! Sorry if my RF-love got a bit out of hand there.

Not at all, I wanted a "dumb" point and shoot AF 120 camera not another system. Thinking about it... it's built similar the higher quality early 35mm af compacts from the late 1970-early 1980's, but with more refinements and much less motor noise. I write a lot (boring text) about cameras so the bronica rf is pretty well known to me.
tk

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #760 on: July 06, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »
After I lost out on Urban Hafner's Zorki 4K on EBay I found a nice one from a seller in the Ukraine.  This one included an Industar-50 lens.  Surprisingly it showed up at my home near Saettle within 10 days.  I wasn't expecting it until the end of July based on the tracking information I received.  After looking it over today it seems to be in pretty good shape.  I'll take it back to Nevada with me and run a few rolls through it.

image by bac1967, on Flickr

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #761 on: July 06, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
I've just got a very nice Pentacon Six TL with the Biometar 80mm f2.8. I don't like the prism
viewfinder and I have already ordered a wlf from the epay.   :)
I don't like the P6 waist level finder. I sold mine. But the magnifying head is first class, not only for close-ups. You see the whole matte screen in a huge image and block stray light perfectly. That piece is a must have for the P6 imho.
http://www.pentaconsix.com/WLF.htm

Besides that I like the metering prism very much.

Most un-cla-ed P6es have much too slow shutter speed. I use mine the following: 1 - 1/60 speeds are fine, omit the most unreliable 125, devide the faster speeds by 2 in your mind. So e.g. 1/500 is a real 1/250. Works fine for the 2 P&es I had in my hands and could measure the shutter speeds. One of them is mine ;-)

Best - Reinhold

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #762 on: July 09, 2014, 04:29:15 AM »
This is an image of a voigtlander lens cap on the lens hood of my 35mm F2 biogon. Any guesses as to what lens the cap belongs to?

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2014, 09:06:37 AM »
Think I got the same lens and a spirit level this week - it´s wiiiiide  ;)

f5.6?

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #764 on: July 09, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »
I've just got this beauty from Japan. I have a nice Jupiter-8 and can hardly wait to start testing the two.

Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
Canon P and Jupiter-8 was my gateway drug into first-world rangefinders, acquired soon after my first taste of the RF world with a FED-2. Now I have two Canon LTM bodies and four each Soviet and non-Soviet lenses, along with the unsettling feeling that I'm not anywhere near done yet. You've been warned....
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2014, 12:36:07 PM »
Canon P and Jupiter-8 was my gateway drug into first-world rangefinders, acquired soon after my first taste of the RF world with a FED-2. Now I have two Canon LTM bodies and four each Soviet and non-Soviet lenses, along with the unsettling feeling that I'm not anywhere near done yet. You've been warned....

After several  Zorkies, Feds and Kievs the way to the "first world" rangefinders was wide open. No way out.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:50:00 PM by Fluminian »

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
So, it seems like I'm going against the grain by selling all my rangefinder gear. :) My Bronica ETRSi should however be here any day now ...

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »
Looks like a lovely Canon P.  I've never owned one but they seem to have a very loyal fan-base.  Hope it's all you've hoped for.

I've just acquired a Hasselblad quick release plate. I hadn't really wanted one for the 500c/m as, once it's attached to my tripod, it tends to stay there for a while..!! However, the tripod bush on my Xpan is underneath the extreme right-hand end of the camera and makes it a bit unstable on a tripod.

Ideally, I wanted to get my hands on the "Kirk Enterprises" plate / bracket - but these are no longer available as new and the only s/hand ones I've seen on forums / auction sites have either gone before I'd tried to buy or were so damned expensive I couldn't justify the money. However, a contact suggested that the Hassy quick release plate would do the job (once the XPan accessory base plate is attached), so I'm giving it a go.

Incidentally, if anyone has a Kirk plate for an Xpan and is willing to sell it, please PM me as that seems to be the best option / right tool for the job.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #769 on: July 09, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »
So, it seems like I'm going against the grain by selling all my rangefinder gear. :) My Bronica ETRSi should however be here any day now ...

It's just a phase, Urban. Your ETRSi is similar to my Mamiya 645 Super which I love. You'll be happy with the Bronica, but soon you'll
want rangfinders back. Voigtländer Bessa Rx for instance?  ;)

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #770 on: July 09, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »
I have a Canon P (hey, why didn't you buy mine? ;)) and a Bessa R2. It's just not my thing.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #771 on: July 09, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
Oh, and please look at the sales board for what I still have for sale from my rangefinder stuff ;D (basically everything).

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #772 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:21 PM »
I have a Canon P (hey, why didn't you buy mine? ;)) and a Bessa R2. It's just not my thing.

Sorry Urban. Too late. I haven't checked the sales folder for some time.
That fact that you've got that many rangefinders speaks for itself.  ;)

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #773 on: July 09, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
Just to spite me the weather today is terrible. No test shots for now.  >:(

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #774 on: July 09, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »
I also had a Zorki 4K and a Kiev 4a until recently. ;)

And here it is: The Bronica ETRSi with speed grip (also comes with the crank), 75mm lens, unmetered prism, and two 120 backs. All that for only 180€ incl. postage ...

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #775 on: July 09, 2014, 05:05:39 PM »

Sorry Urban. Too late. I haven't checked the sales folder for some time.
That fact that you've got that many rangefinders speaks for itself.  ;)

Folder? What was I thinking of? Probably "forum".  :o

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #776 on: July 09, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »
I also had a Zorki 4K and a Kiev 4a until recently. ;)

And here it is: The Bronica ETRSi with speed grip (also comes with the crank), 75mm lens, unmetered prism, and two 120 backs. All that for only 180€ incl. postage ...

It sounds like a bargain if everything works as it should.  :)

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #777 on: July 09, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »
We seem to be moving in opposite direction Urban - I am just sellning the SLRs and eagerly awaiting a rangefinder... But the truth is that none of these come even close to a view camera :)
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #778 on: July 09, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
It sounds like a bargain if everything works as it should.  :)

Yes, I may have been very lucky. Or rather the seller was really nice to me (she paid about the same) as I know her from Twitter.

Andrej, what are you getting? A really MF rangefinder?

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
« Reply #779 on: July 09, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »
I will present it here once I have it in my hands. :)
(Oddly enough, at this moment it had spent more time at customs office in Prague than on the journey across half the globe... )

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #780 on: July 10, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »
Oh, and please look at the sales board for what I still have for sale from my rangefinder stuff ;D (basically everything).

I shouldn't ask for my wallet's sake, but where can I find this forum?

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #781 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »
I shouldn't ask for my wallet's sake, but where can I find this forum?

IIRC, you need to have 50 posts to see this board. PM me, and I can give you a list of items I have for sale.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #782 on: July 10, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »
Whilst trawling around eBay a week or so back, I found a Hasselblad Xpan camera bag I really fancied and that would ideally suit my Hasselblad XPan + lenses.  It was a bit of an impulse / luxury purchase but, as it wasn't too expensive, I paid the "Buy it Now" price and looked forward to receiving it.

I picked it up from the Post Office sorting / collection office yesterday evening and it was exactly as described and in "as new" condition. Lovely. I left positive feedback, as you do, and then I opened the bag.

To my absolute amazement, it was crammed with all manner of useful new / boxed Hasselblad XPan gizmos that weren't listed in the sale - but by my estimation are worth several hundred pounds.  8)

Had I struck the jackpot? Had the seller left these in the bag by accident?  ???  I went onto the seller's site and found that one of the items (an XPan lens hood) was listed for sale.  I wrote to the seller immediately and later learned that he'd completely forgotten that the stuff was still in the bag before sending it to me  :'(

Never mind, I can't complain as the bag is excellent - and there's absolutely no way I could have not owned up and contacted the seller - because I know how gutted I would have felt if I'd made the same mistake.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #783 on: July 10, 2014, 01:59:33 PM »
Good on you, enjoy the camera. The xpan is one of those bodies I'd like but could never justify getting.

Also the cap in my previous post belongs to a nokton 50mm f1.1. Yay.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #784 on: July 10, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
The way I look at it, TinTin, is that the XPan is two cameras - a traditional 35mm rangefinder and a panoramic camera. Certainly not cheap but the lenses are fabulous (if a little slow) and the fact it accepts 35mm film means I should be able to use it for years.

That lens of your is a belter, by the way.....

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #785 on: July 10, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
not to mention that the wider lenses command quite a high price do they not? You're right about the speed of them, won't be a great low light performer without a tripod. But I think pano does have some sort of special aesthetic about it.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #786 on: July 11, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »
not to mention that the wider lenses command quite a high price do they not? You're right about the speed of them, won't be a great low light performer without a tripod. But I think pano does have some sort of special aesthetic about it.

The 45mm generally comes attached to a body.  Separately, the 45mm and 90mm lenses are not hugely expensive - certainly not in the same bracket as Leica lenses.  However, the 30mm lens is a different proposition - despite it being slower. I was lucky with mine as I got it for a slightly lower than usual price, it is mint condition and it comes with the padded out box, viewfinder, centre spot filter, hood and lens caps.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
« Reply #787 on: July 12, 2014, 06:35:28 AM »
Yesterday I picked up a very nice Durst Laboratot 138, in perfect shape, with all the condendsors...
I am very much looking forward to playing with larger negatives - which also means I will get the 13x18 camera out more often..

And I am also awaiting the delivery of the RH designs StopClock (albeit the older version) which will save me the troible of doing the maths and counting seconds while enlarging... :)

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #788 on: July 12, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »
Focomat IIc comming my way!
Can´t wait learn how to print and try it out (when I get time and space)   :D

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #789 on: July 12, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »
I just got a bunch of knick-knacks. A second bulk loader, a film washer, some stainless spools (I still need the tank), close up lenses, and a Nikon 35mm bulk loading cassette.

I just couldn't pass up on the cassette as I've never seen something so well designed in a long time. Simple and clever is always nice.
Francois

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
« Reply #790 on: July 17, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »

The thing - the wide (e.g. 65mm) version of the beastly fuji, in 6x8 format, to accompany my Rolleicord on walks and travels.

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #791 on: July 17, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
After all the lovely gear posted here recently, all I've managed to pick up are a few rolls of Colour Implosion film for novelty value. I'm shooting a goth on Sunday, so I hope her black leather and fishnets will look quite funky against weird backgrounds.

Oh - and I've also bought - but have yet to receive - a lovely old wood n brass tripod from the States (I'm UK-based) for my old wood n brass tailboard half plate camera. It will look so much better on a period tripod than resting atop my mod studio-black Manfrotto. I'm really pleased with it. And only £35 (€60). With an extra £35 to post. And customs. And Royal Mail's handling fee. Grrrrrr.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #792 on: July 17, 2014, 05:00:36 PM »
nice pickups all around

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #793 on: July 17, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
glad I got something old school to shoot again now that my forte stash is dry :)

/jonas

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #794 on: July 17, 2014, 05:27:28 PM »
Andrej that is gorgeous.
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
« Reply #795 on: July 17, 2014, 06:01:19 PM »
Andrej that is gorgeous.
Thanks. I can't wait to try it. I think it is the perfect format - not too square like 6x7, not too long like 6x9, just perfect  same aspect ratio as my beloved 18x24cm :)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #796 on: July 17, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
jonas nice pickup! I have my last roll sitting in my SQ-A with a couple shots left. Its good film. super silvery!

benjiboy

• 35mm
« Reply #797 on: July 17, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »
A Canon New F1-AE with 50mm f1.4 lens with the Canon AE motor drive FN fitted and a new old stock Canon FD 85mm f1.8 lens boxed and as new.
Ben

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #798 on: July 17, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
glad I got something old school to shoot again now that my forte stash is dry :)
Seven years to finish shooting forte!
tk

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #799 on: July 17, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
I was thinking of picking up that exact model 680!
tk