Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 842481 times)

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #250 on: September 25, 2013, 04:14:10 AM »
No offense, but I'll not be choosing one in mustard yellow ;)

I chose it because it was the cheaper colour! My junk camera dealer had the most stock in that colour and offered an super extra 40% off discount! I'd figured it will be mummified a bit in tape anyway, so why not? I dont really mind the colour, plus is just painted on, still black under.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:14:18 AM by tkmedia »
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #251 on: September 25, 2013, 08:03:29 AM »
the split screen is at 45° instead of being horizontal

No, it is not.  >:(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:05:33 AM by Fluminian »
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »
For the princely sum of £15:

Durst AC707 Autocolor Enlarger
Schneider 2.8/50 componon-s 50mm lens (for 35mm film)
Schneider 4/80 componon-s 80mm lens (for 120 film)
Blue/magenta/yellow/green/cyan colour correction viewing kit
Red safe filter
2x LAM231 halogen spare bulbs
Film masks for 35mm , 120 - 5x5, 66, 45
Printing easel
Dark Room Developing Tray Heater
EXA 1A with Ludwig Meritar 2.9/50
The Darkroom Handbook by Michael Langford
Boxed Kodak Instamatioc 60
5 rolls of Lomo Orca B & W 110

I lied about the £15 by the way.
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
Good one, Verian.  :) Have fun with your new darkroom equipment.

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »

Thanks Fluminian :) I may have to blackout my kitchen in the short term (which will annoy my wife) as I doubt I can wait until my garage is ready.
verianthomas.com

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »

Thanks Fluminian :) I may have to blackout my kitchen in the short term (which will annoy my wife) as I doubt I can wait until my garage is ready.

You're welcome. Impatience is a sign of enthusiasm and in film photography enthusiasm is "conditio sine qua non" (here I come again).  ;D

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2013, 02:27:10 PM »
To be fair, I didn't exactly pick these up; they were delivered to me courtesy of some of my relatives in a small formerly-Communist Central European country. Nonetheless, they're mine now.

First up is a Certo Super Dollina II with a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 in a Cludor shutter. It's a solid but somewhat odd camera, and it has the smallest viewfinder window I've ever seen.

Next is a King Regula IIb. This has what appears to be a rather unusual Ghetaldus-Zagreb Ghenar 45/3.5 lens in a Pronto shutter. Not much information out there on these, but it seems reasonably well-made.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »
Ghetaldus-Zagreb Ghenar?! There's a Ghetaldus shop in my home town and it's in the same
place most of my life, but they only sell lenses and frames for glasses (spectacles). I never
knew they made any photographic equipment.  :o

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
Ghetaldus-Zagreb Ghenar?! There's a Ghetaldus shop in my home town and it's in the same
place most of my life, but they only sell lenses and frames for glasses (spectacles). I never

That seems to be the most common response, from the few references I've been able to find. It probably dates from the early- to mid-50s. The body is marked "Made in Germany"; it seems likely that the body was then shipped to Yugoslavia to have the lens fitted and sold in the domestic market. I know Yugoslavia made a lot of trade deals like that back in the 1950s, when they were trying to rebuild the manufacturing base after the war and were short of hard currency to simply buy foreign goods.

The everyready case is marked with the Ghetaldus logo (G with a star or flower behind it), but the camera body has the King emblem on the front. I don't know how it was branded for sale, but my guess is that it was under the Ghetaldus name.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
No offense, but I'll not be choosing one in mustard yellow ;)

I chose it because it was the cheaper colour! My junk camera dealer had the most stock in that colour and offered an super extra 40% off discount! I'd figured it will be mummified a bit in tape anyway, so why not? I dont really mind the colour, plus is just painted on, still black under.

Fair enough. For 40% off, I'd probably just shut my eyes and choose it as well :)
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »

That seems to be the most common response, from the few references I've been able to find. It probably dates from the early- to mid-50s. The body is marked "Made in Germany"; it seems likely that the body was then shipped to Yugoslavia to have the lens fitted and sold in the domestic market. I know Yugoslavia made a lot of trade deals like that back in the 1950s, when they were trying to rebuild the manufacturing base after the war and were short of hard currency to simply buy foreign goods.

The everyready case is marked with the Ghetaldus logo (G with a star or flower behind it), but the camera body has the King emblem on the front. I don't know how it was branded for sale, but my guess is that it was under the Ghetaldus name.

So, the firm was bigger and in a better shape than it is today. Damn, I would very much like to own lenses made in Croatia.  :)

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
Next is a King Regula IIb. This has what appears to be a rather unusual Ghetaldus-Zagreb Ghenar 45/3.5 lens in a Pronto shutter. Not much information out there on these, but it seems reasonably well-made.

I really do not know anything about this camera... and have not researched it, but I will have to at least start a basic page on it, well at least reconfirm it's existence. :D

this reminds me of Polaroid, who were very well known for making day sun shade eyewear... until the instant camera people forgot they made eyewear.
tk

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
Let me know if you need more details or photos.

I really do not know anything about this camera... and have not researched it, but I will have to at least start a basic page on it, well at least reconfirm it's existence. :D

this reminds me of Polaroid, who were very well known for making day sun shade eyewear... until the instant camera people forgot they made eyewear.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »
There are also King regula L's lenses marked with similar opticka industrija ghataldus -zagreb- ghataldus ghaner.
tk

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
There are also King regula L's lenses marked with similar opticka industrija ghataldus -zagreb- ghataldus ghaner.

You don't say? That's strange.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
Finally, the Canon P arrived! Unfortunately the finder is a bit problematic with glasses. Even the 50mm framelines are hard to see. Still, it's a step up from the Zorki 4K.

Canon P by Urban Hafner, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »
Congrats! I can see where glasses might be an issue, but the camera is so good that I'm sure you'll be motivated to find a way to deal with it. I just shot a roll with mine yesterday, and it really is a pleasure to use. Good luck with it.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »
I just spent an hour with this camera shooting the first roll. The 50mm framelines might be doable after all. And that film advance is better than anything I've ever used. Butter smooth! Also, the shutter is fairly quiet. Well, I'm comparing it to the Zorki 4K which has a brutally loud shutter.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
Finally, the Canon P arrived! Unfortunately the finder is a bit problematic with glasses. Even the 50mm framelines are hard to see. Still, it's a step up from the Zorki 4K.

Canon P by Urban Hafner, on Flickr

Nice...!

soeren

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
A new backpack
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:57:43 PM by soeren »
Soeren
Naestved, Denmark

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »
I got home tonight and my wife gave me a virtually new Holga 120N she got in a charity shop for 12quid! ;D 8)

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
Knowing nothing about it`s performance I just had to have it. 24mm point and shoot was to tempting  :)
£18 delivered, how bad can it be?  I`ll report back as soon as I have some results.

Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Cadha13

• Nothing to see here.
    • My Flickr
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2013, 03:02:07 AM »
I got a 180 mm f4.5 Mamiya/Sekor C for my RB67 ProS for $34. The glass is clean and the shutter is fine. I am ready to have some telephoto fun!

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »
Knowing nothing about it`s performance I just had to have it. 24mm point and shoot was to tempting  :)
£18 delivered, how bad can it be?  I`ll report back as soon as I have some results.

I've been putting the 24ew article on hold... It's a pretty late model one of their last espio. A few things about it non dx film is set to 25iso, it uses a single cr2 battery with a very short life of apprx 8 rolls. Has bulb mode. I like that it has an infinity focus mode.
tk

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »
A Minolta XE-7

There's rather more about it here http://verianthomas.com/?p=522 but I think it's fair to say that I have a problem.
verianthomas.com

JPC

« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:20 PM »
The postie bought this a few days ago. Ever the optimist, I've loaded a roll of fp4 which expired in 2004. I quite like the manual zoom, but no eyepiece correction built in is a bit bothersome.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2013, 08:25:39 PM »
I could not fit my Land 195 in my carry-on when I left for Scotland last month and I always wanted to try out the 110a.
Now a happy camper! Won this baby on ebay, professionally converted to take standard pack film. can`t way to try it out! Curious to se how it performs compared to the lightweight land cam.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2013, 08:51:50 AM »
Good on you Aksel. I converted a 110A myself, a bit bulkier since it takes interchangeable backs (600 SE type). But it is my most used camera. It really is fun to use.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »
Yea, had a look at if I should try to do the conversion myself as well as I do have some 600se pars laying around. Just could not wait for 2 months though, had to have it now!  :) 

Does the roll film back from the 600se fit your converted 110a Ezzie?

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »
Just got a Bobinquick bulk loader and some reloadable cassettes from Freestyle.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »
That film loader and some Orwo is in my future, too. But first I need to finish shooting the film I have in my freezer. Or maybe not? ;D

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
Yea, had a look at if I should try to do the conversion myself as well as I do have some 600se pars laying around. Just could not wait for 2 months though, had to have it now!  :) 

Does the roll film back from the 600se fit your converted 110a Ezzie?

The Mamiya S-shaped 6x7/6x9 M mount with Polaroid claws fit. But obscure the finder. So I took a 600SE mount adapter and a Graflex 23 (6x9) back and ground out a fair bit of metal to make things fit. See here: http://on-your-kitchen-worktop.blogspot.no/2012/08/lucy-hybrid-120-roll-film-adapter.html?m=1
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:35:42 PM by Ezzie »
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
That`s seriously impressive Ezzie!
I`w got the S-shaped back for the 600se so not really an option to start messing about with the 110a then. 

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
And today the featherweight beast arrived!
The 110a seams like a nice pice of picture taking machine, though I was surprised to find the bellow in this state:
Looks like the gluing? of the bellow has given up. What am I looking at in repair costs to get it back together? The seller has kindly offered
£20 off the price or a full refund.  As I have no tools what so ever here in Dundee I`m keen to let someone else do the job.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2013, 09:29:45 PM »
I've no idea what they are like, but it looks like this may be what you need for that 110a ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-Made-Leatherette-Bellows-For-Polaroid-110A-110B-Land-Instant-Camera-/281133269782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4174d94316

Not cheap, but the price is not unreasonable.

rotarysmp

• RotarySMP
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
I made my own bellows for a 4x5 from thin leather. It's pretty easy, so I would just glue that up myself. I'd remove the bellow from the camera, open up that entire glue join, lay it out flat for glueing (weighted down), and then fold the folds back in once the glue had cured.
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
I agree with rotarysmp, either fix yourself which should be easy (Ive glued and taped many polaroid bellows to fix lightleaks), or buy one of the 800 or 900 series which are cheap and swop the bellows. I'd take the £20 off the price and fix em myself if you got a good price on the camera, good luck

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
but then if it was 'professionally converted' its surprising to see the bellows in such poor shape...

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2013, 09:52:20 PM »
Thank you all for the help and input. I bought the 110a to still my thirst for pola - or to be precise 100c until Christmas when I`m reunited with my 195. Don´t have any tools what so ever at hand here so I`ll have to think about it. It´s converted by Four Design Company, long time ago - I guess. Got it for just over £200, shipped. That´s about what it´s worth is it not?

It´s film in the camera now so I don´t want to open it up to have a look. Does anyone know how much work it would be to loosen the bellow to repair it?

Agan, many thanks!

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »
Clean it properly. Contact cement on both faces and stick together after 10 minutes. These have inner linings, so it should be more or less light tight without you having to make a perfect job of it.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »
Ended up sending the 110a back, my conclusion being that I prefer the Land 190/195 to it in operation.
Looking forward to beeing reunited with them around Christmas  :)
Many thanks for help and suggestions!

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
Polaroid 320 Land Camera for £20 inc postage.

Quite pleased with that as it does appear to be in nice condition.

verianthomas.com

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
Canon EOS 300V for 9€. I might have overpaid ::) Now I just need to decide on a lens. Probably the 50mm f/1.8 as it's the cheapest.

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »
Canon EOS 300V for 9€. I might have overpaid ::) Now I just need to decide on a lens. Probably the 50mm f/1.8 as it's the cheapest.

I have 9 or 10 canon EOS, without lenses, I was thinking of giving some of them away. Bought a job lot cheap just to get the two lenses that were included. 
verianthomas.com

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #294 on: October 25, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »
I've bought - but not yet had delivered - a very funky Noris 6x6 slide projector for a project I'm trying to put together. I'd like to put Noris in the sitting room as a piece of retro sculpture. Mrs Zapsnaps will no doubt scream and tell me to take it to my study, though
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #295 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
this...

A 3.5c.

Needs a bit of work. Shutter is sticky. Came fitted with a Rolleikin, which I don't want if anyone is interested.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #296 on: October 25, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
A nice one, Peter, congrats...
I was taking some treeish snaps today while "walking the children" in the woods with my rolleicord when it dawned on me that I "need" another one, and a …flex, just to be able to work a bit quicker and morw comfortable with all the bustling of those three hobbits around...

Sent from Android via Tapatalk

Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
I was taking some treeish snaps today while "walking the children" in the woods with my rolleicord when it dawned on me that I "need" another one, and a …flex,

You defintiely need a couple more Andrej. I'm just about managing with my five TLRs  ;D
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2013, 04:04:40 PM »
I was taking some treeish snaps today while "walking the children" in the woods with my rolleicord when it dawned on me that I "need" another one, and a …flex,

You defintiely need a couple more Andrej. I'm just about managing with my five TLRs  ;D

You're right, I have three and it simply isn't enough!
verianthomas.com

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2013, 06:35:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure why I've only got three.

::)