Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 842431 times)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #2150 on: December 13, 2015, 11:56:30 PM »
A Holga Stereo Pinhole camera and a 35mm adapter kit to go with it.

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #2151 on: December 14, 2015, 12:02:36 AM »
Do you remember which one you got or who you bought it from?

Yep, the Fotodiox, off Amazon.

I bought it to use with a K1000, but some lens and light meter combos were iffy.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2152 on: December 14, 2015, 02:40:48 AM »

Ok, can't wait to see the results of this (perhaps in 3D gif format?)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #2153 on: December 14, 2015, 03:14:51 AM »

Perhaps!

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #2154 on: December 14, 2015, 03:43:33 AM »
got a haul of fresh films. Tri-X Delta 3200, Portra 800. High Speed stuff for the shorter days we have now. Now if I could just get some time to shoot it...

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2155 on: December 14, 2015, 04:04:23 AM »
Do you remember which one you got or who you bought it from?

Yep, the Fotodiox, off Amazon.

I bought it to use with a K1000, but some lens and light meter combos were iffy.

Thanks Jack, just ordered one.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2156 on: December 14, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »

Perhaps!
Definitely!
Check in the articles section, I thing hookstraped did something on wiggle give from nimslo cameras... And I found a way to get smooth gifs from my coronet stereo camera. It's a sneaky way to do it but it looks amazing, especially if you can take advantage of bigger filesizes on other sizes.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2157 on: December 22, 2015, 06:49:24 AM »
Just got a care package from Hungry Mike (remember him??). Anyway, I'm excited to try out the Aerecon II and the 126 cartridge of Ektachrome (process by 9/1973). Thanks Mike wherever you are!! :)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:52:31 AM by jharr »
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #2158 on: December 22, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »
Just got a care package from Hungry Mike (remember him??).
Hungry Mike? Is he that guy who always talks about food on photography forums? I hate that guy.  ;D

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #2159 on: December 23, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
Just spent a lovely hour in the woods with a new-to-me Zeiss Ikoflex - together with an Ikoprox. Seems like we could get used to each other.. :)

(I would show you a pic of it but I hate my cell phone too much to be bothered with it. :) )
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2160 on: December 23, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »
I managed to squeeze a day's holiday today before next year's entitlement comes round.  Went into London for a walk around trying out a recently acquired Leica M4, MC meter and 50mm Summicron - shooting my last roll of Tri-X. Got about 15/16 shots left, so I'm hoping the film will be ready to develop and scan in next week or so.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #2161 on: December 23, 2015, 04:40:54 PM »
Just got a care package from Hungry Mike (remember him??).
Hungry Mike? Is he that guy who always talks about food on photography forums? I hate that guy.  ;D

he's alright... you know, for a half frame guy...  :P

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #2162 on: December 23, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
wow kmart film! Ferrania i presume! ;D
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2163 on: December 23, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »
I just sold a bunch of crap on ebay and raised enough to buy my self a Christmas present, a Mamiya 65mm lens for my C3.  This one has been CLA'd.  I've been wanting one for a while, whats the point of having an interchangeable lens TLR with only one lens.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2164 on: December 23, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »
a Mamiya 65mm lens for my C3.
I have that exact lens, but mine is a bit hacked together with glued lens filter adapters. but it's the only lens i have for the c330.
tk

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2165 on: December 23, 2015, 08:52:35 PM »
wow kmart film! Ferrania i presume! ;D
I haven't been to a Kmart since I was a kid!
Attention Kmart shoppers! For the next 15 minutes, all carpets are on special at 10% off, please follow the blue light to take advantage of this....
Francois

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2166 on: January 06, 2016, 03:10:09 PM »
Talking about adapters, this made me pretty happy! Hasselblad to Nikon F makes it possible to shoot with the splendid Zeiss 80/2.8 cf lens on my F100. It´s lighter than the 85/1.4, sharper, "better" colours and way cooler  8)

Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2167 on: January 06, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »
Totally disgusted at not getting anything photo related for Christmas, I went out and bought....................just kidding. ;D
But who can resist a spotless, like new Nikon F3 body where everythings works? Got this beauty from Japan, here shown with a Nikkor 35mm 2.8 AI.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #2168 on: January 06, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »
This beautiful Minolta SR-T 303 arrived two days ago as a long term loan from a photo friend in Cologne. It's been recently overhauled and functions beautifully.

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2169 on: January 07, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »
On the whole, I really didn't need another 35mm scale-focus point and shoot camera.
There again, I do love the design of the Agfa Optima camera. Compared to similar cameras of the same era, they still look 'modern'.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2170 on: January 08, 2016, 02:09:14 PM »
And you still can't get a more responsive shutter button than on those.

I must say that the design lines are quite beautiful. If you did a bit of research on who the designer was, you might be surprised to find it's the dorks of somebody famous.
Francois

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2171 on: January 10, 2016, 11:15:12 AM »
That Optima looks like a shrinked Makina 67  ;D

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2172 on: January 11, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
Today I got 5 boxes of FP 3000b from Mr Cad in Victoria £21 each or 5 for £100.
 He has at a rough guess about 30 boxes left so if you want any,get in quick, it'll most likely be the last they'll get.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2173 on: January 12, 2016, 03:17:26 AM »
I recently bought a few (3) boxes of 3000B off of evilbay for about $18 a pack, IIRC...

I think in pounds sterling that's about 13 pence :D

x100art

« Reply #2174 on: January 12, 2016, 03:30:49 AM »
Just picked up two bricks of 400 TX from B&H. It's on sale at the moment it's actually cheaper than Ilford.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Take me back to the 80's please !!! I don't  like this time ..

Bennybee

• 35mm
« Reply #2175 on: January 12, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »
I'm waiting for three items to arrive in the mail : a Nikon 100mm E Series lens, an RE.Auto-Topcor 35mm lens and a (broken?) Canon EF body, all from fleabay.  I hope that the Canon springs back to life with fresh batteries, cleaning the contacts and perhaps resoldering a wire or so.  I sincerely hope so, because these three purchases were done pretty close one after the other and a fair bit of Flak came my way from the better half... :-[

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #2176 on: January 12, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
Just received a stash of OOD film from a pro tog who wanted to clear out his fridge. Happy days!

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #2177 on: January 12, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »
Tech Pan?? 

I'm quoting myself here, but might come in handy ...

Technidol is the stuff for Tech Pan, but on the only roll I ever got mitts on I used Rodinal at a 1:300 dilution for 14 minutes at 22C.  Worked well.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2178 on: January 12, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »
Looks like you've landed some great stuff there, Paul.

Is that Kodak Technical Pan 2415 (or a later replacement)? If so, you will have great fun with that for pinhole.  The exposure time could be days!  I used it (35mm version) a bit in the early 80s but could never quite get the contrast right (using Tetenal Neofin-Doku, as that was what I'd been told to use).

"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
« Reply #2179 on: January 12, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »
Tech Pan?? 

I'm quoting myself here, but might come in handy ...

Technidol is the stuff for Tech Pan, but on the only roll I ever got mitts on I used Rodinal at a 1:300 dilution for 14 minutes at 22C.  Worked well.

Cheers Sandeha, very handy to know indeed!

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
« Reply #2180 on: January 12, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »
Looks like you've landed some great stuff there, Paul.

Is that Kodak Technical Pan 2415 (or a later replacement)? If so, you will have great fun with that for pinhole.  The exposure time could be days!  I used it (35mm version) a bit in the early 80s but could never quite get the contrast right (using Tetenal Neofin-Doku, as that was what I'd been told to use).

Paul - There's one roll of 6415 which is dated 1989 and two rolls dated 1994

Sometimes my Delta 100 is a bit fast on bright days so at 25 ASA this might come in handy!

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2181 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:59 PM »
I think I alluded to this somewhere but didn't load a photo. So here it is. A new bellows for the Isolette III. Thanks Sandeha Lynch for having it available on short notice!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Bennybee

• 35mm
« Reply #2182 on: January 13, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
Hi Jharr,
That is a nice set. I have the same model Isolette and Sekonic.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2183 on: January 17, 2016, 01:09:00 AM »
I gifted myself a seriously overpriced Ensign Ful-Vue model II the other day. When it arrived I turned out not to be working, the finder no good and the lenses where full of dirt and fungus. Now, two beers and a record later it´s back in shape! Mirror glued on, shutter cleaned and lubed, lenses cleaned. Just need to make a strap for it and then tomorrow it´s show time! 1/30 shutter, f11 lens and a roll og Ektar, forecast says sunny, should be good!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:12:32 AM by Aksel »

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2184 on: January 17, 2016, 03:10:48 AM »
Love the Ensign, there's kind of an old-fashioned industrial feel about the paint job on those. Hope it brings you good results!

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2185 on: January 17, 2016, 06:36:02 PM »
Aksel, could that be the very same camera I recently considered buying from finn.no? Looking forward to seeing it for real, it looks like good fun.
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #2186 on: January 18, 2016, 08:14:47 AM »
Finally managed to take the new one out yesterday..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2187 on: January 18, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »
Aksel, could that be the very same camera I recently considered buying from finn.no? Looking forward to seeing it for real, it looks like good fun.

I´d be surprised if it´s not the same camera. Last time I met Dame Ful-Vue she made me do the sensible thing at let her go, this time she was just to tempting. The finder is surpassingly crisp for such a basic camera!

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2188 on: January 18, 2016, 07:38:33 PM »

I´d be surprised if it´s not the same camera. Last time I met Dame Ful-Vue she made me do the sensible thing at let her go, this time she was just to tempting. The finder is surpassingly crisp for such a basic camera!

I saved my money and scored the winning bid for a Minolta Autocord tonight, 60 GBP!  ;D
The seller found it in his attic; it looks good but he doesn't know if it works...........fingers crossed! I will post a picture of it when it arrives.
Now I only need to get rid of this flu.......... :(
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #2189 on: January 18, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »
It appears to be cheap TLR season. Full disclosure, I got my latest a little while back, but it came with a broken shutter - literally, a part had sheared off, making it impossible to cock the shutter. I got a parts camera, scavenged the necessary piece, installed it, CLA'd the shutter while I was in there, serviced the (overly complex) automatic advance mechanism, and cleaned everything up, so it's just now ready for its formal introduction.

It's an Ikoflex Ib, or 856/16 if you speak Zeiss. Very solid camera with a great lens. Hell, even the meter works. It's not like I needed another TLR, but considering the price I paid I really had no choice. What was the price, you ask? $9. Yep, $9. See? I had no choice.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2190 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:20 PM »
If YOU say something is overly complex, I can't even imagine what I would say if I saw it. Probably scream some obscenities and run all the way back to Queens without stopping ;D

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #2191 on: January 18, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
If YOU say something is overly complex, I can't even imagine what I would say if I saw it. Probably scream some obscenities and run all the way back to Queens without stopping ;D

Well, here's the thing about this particular mechanism: it's complex because someone at Zeiss decided to include a peculiar reset arrangement as well as a series of interlocks to prevent users from screwing up. The problem, of course, is that without the secret decoder ring, the camera is completely useless. Figuring out which things were preventing it from working on purpose and which were actually screwed up made it complex. The actual mechanism has relatively few components.

Now, the Mamiyaflex Automat, that mechanism looks like someone just grabbed all the gears and lever arms on the bench and stuffed them into the side panel. That camera alone forced me to up my whiskey budget last year.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2192 on: January 18, 2016, 09:33:38 PM »
It appears to be cheap TLR season. Full disclosure, I got my latest a little while back, but it came with a broken shutter - literally, a part had sheared off, making it impossible to cock the shutter. I got a parts camera, scavenged the necessary piece, installed it, CLA'd the shutter while I was in there, serviced the (overly complex) automatic advance mechanism, and cleaned everything up, so it's just now ready for its formal introduction.
It's an Ikoflex Ib, or 856/16 if you speak Zeiss. Very solid camera with a great lens. Hell, even the meter works. It's not like I needed another TLR, but considering the price I paid I really had no choice. What was the price, you ask? $9. Yep, $9. See? I had no choice.
Sweet!
And no, you can never have enough cheap TLR's ;)
I don't know if anyone's like me but TLR's are like puppies, you just want to take care of them no matter what  ;D
Francois

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #2193 on: January 18, 2016, 10:04:58 PM »
Sweet!
And no, you can never have enough cheap TLR's ;)
I don't know if anyone's like me but TLR's are like puppies, you just want to take care of them no matter what  ;D

They are strangely endearing. Box cameras too, but the limitations and often poor quality of those temper my enthusiasm. A cheap TLR with a decent lens, though, and I'm powerless to resist.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #2194 on: January 18, 2016, 11:05:21 PM »
Now I'm tempted to go find a TLR for myself. I sold my Rolleiflex some time last year so now I'm all out of TLRs. ;)

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2195 on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:06 AM »
Now I'm tempted to go find a TLR for myself. I sold my Rolleiflex some time last year so now I'm all out of TLRs. ;)

What!? no Minolta!?
tk

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #2196 on: January 19, 2016, 04:31:07 AM »
so after selling my bronica kit I was tipped off to a sweet deal on another one with a WLF. I have to say I really like the stealthness of the camera. Test roll passed too!

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #2197 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32:46 AM »

What!? no Minolta!?

I know Tony, I know!

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2198 on: January 19, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »

I saved my money and scored the winning bid for a Minolta Autocord tonight, 60 GBP!  ;D
The seller found it in his attic; it looks good but he doesn't know if it works...........fingers crossed! I will post a picture of it when it arrives.
Now I only need to get rid of this flu.......... :(

Hey! I was watching that one, the "never ready" looked immaculate and what a body  ;)
Good health and let´s do some tlr filmwasting next week =)

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #2199 on: January 19, 2016, 01:24:56 PM »
Some film! A 5-pack of Rollei 120, in a re-usable plastic container. If I'm honest with myself, I didn't really need the extra film - i just wanted the container it comes in - I always manage to misplace film in my camera bag, forget how many rolls I've used etc. So I hope that this will make me less scatter-brained.

No. I dont really expect that to happen, either.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk