Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 842538 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #1600 on: April 16, 2015, 01:48:28 PM »
I finally got that small 4$ numpad I ordered a month ago... and I modified it into a dedicated Photoshop keyboard.
I already memorized most of the common photoshop tools selection keys. ;D
Me too but I got tired of doing combination keys like cut, paste and tool switch toggles. Now, it's just a one button deal...
I call it putting a lot of effort to avoid doing a simple task... I don't know but I think it comes close to either my Jetson way of seeing the future.... Or it could just be laziness  ::)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #1601 on: April 16, 2015, 02:43:47 PM »
Picked up a new scanner last week, a Pakon F335.
Makes sense I guess. 335 used to cost a lot more, now not a huge difference in price.
It's all my fault the prices of F135's have tripled in price! I made it a bit easier to use! ;D
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1602 on: April 16, 2015, 04:16:53 PM »
You are partly to blame.  :D I was surprised that my 135+ sold for so little ($450). It was the only Plus on eBay at the time and there was only two bids. No complaints, though, that was more than I paid for it.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1603 on: April 17, 2015, 08:40:33 AM »
Since I traded away my Kiev 4am and sold my Konica Auto S3 I've been without a rangefinder camera.
But now I can proudly say that I'll be using this one soon~ Glad to be back to Yashica :)

(got a ND filter with it too -score!)
/jonas

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #1604 on: April 17, 2015, 08:19:32 PM »
One of the more compacy Yashicas too. Not bad Jonas.

This is not exactly new, but I have reawoken my DIY 4x5 pinhole camera from the dead. The Sinar 4x5 film holder originally fitted, had been repurposed for my 4x5 TLR project. Without a back it was left useless. Since WPPD is approaching rapidly I wanted to give it another lease of life. It now sports a home made 4x5 DD holder.

DIY 4x5 Pinhole v.2 by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #1605 on: April 17, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »
epson RD-1

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1606 on: April 18, 2015, 07:44:37 AM »
Had one, and it's a brilliant camera. But the best thing about it is it brought me back to film photography, I swapped it for an M4-2.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #1607 on: April 18, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »

epson RD-1

Wow, tintin are you trolling to see if Leon is keeping on top of the postings? ;)

Not that I am without sin - I just got another  OM camera and this one is as "Dee-lightful" as it's older sisters.
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #1608 on: April 18, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »
Very nice Jonas. I always wanted to try the 35CC.

terryj42

• 35mm
« Reply #1609 on: April 19, 2015, 01:29:09 AM »
Just got my first Nikon F2 -- a camera I have desired since high school (way back in the mid 1970s) but it always seemed the price was too high for my budget.  This morning I went to a local camera show and saw a decent looking F2 (all black) with a 50mm f/2 lens.  A quick test showed all seemed to be in order so I asked the seller how much he wanted for it.  When he said "$75" I handed over the money quickly before he had time to change his mind.  I cleaned up the dust and replaced the light seals and just ran a roll of film through it.  Except for the DP-1 finder appearing to be dead, the rest works fine.  Now to track down a Canon F-1 at such a good price.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #1610 on: April 19, 2015, 02:46:37 AM »
Just got my first Nikon F2 -- a camera I have desired since high school (way back in the mid 1970s) but it always seemed the price was too high for my budget.  This morning I went to a local camera show and saw a decent looking F2 (all black) with a 50mm f/2 lens.  A quick test showed all seemed to be in order so I asked the seller how much he wanted for it.  When he said "$75" I handed over the money quickly before he had time to change his mind.  I cleaned up the dust and replaced the light seals and just ran a roll of film through it.  Except for the DP-1 finder appearing to be dead, the rest works fine.  Now to track down a Canon F-1 at such a good price.

$75.....?? You jammy devil!!  I had a chrome version with a working DP1.  If you are prepared to pay a bit more, you can get the heads refurbed by a guy called Sover Wong.  Not cheap but you'd have a stunning piece of kit.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

terryj42

• 35mm
« Reply #1611 on: April 19, 2015, 02:59:01 PM »
$75.....?? You jammy devil!!  I had a chrome version with a working DP1.  If you are prepared to pay a bit more, you can get the heads refurbed by a guy called Sover Wong.  Not cheap but you'd have a stunning piece of kit.

Thanks for the info about Sover Wong.  I encountered his website yesterday while doing some Google searching.  That may definitely be something I look into further down the road.  After experimenting a little, I suspect power isn't even getting to the meter -- no voltage at the body contact points.  I really don't want to trouble-shoot further right now (esp. since the rest of the camera seems fine).  So, for a while at least, I will just use the camera sans meter.  Sunny 16, here I come!   ;D

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #1612 on: April 19, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »
I finally got that small 4$ numpad I ordered a month ago... and I modified it into a dedicated Photoshop keyboard.
I did make a few changes to the layout after I took that picture (things were not working as well as I'd hope) but now everything is pretty much tweaked.

I finally ended-up running a custom batch file that I converted to exe that starts HIDMacros in elevated mode and Photoshop at the same time. When I close Photoshop, HIDMacros closes at the same time. Everything is totally silent so that I don't get bothered with stuff... just how I like it.

I really like the look of that, I've been eyeing the "proper" photoshop keyboards for a while but the cost puts me off, I'd probably still want a normal keyboard then space becomes an issue

Just finished building a new pc, I may order one as a present to myself

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1613 on: April 19, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »
Another Estate Sale find, Bolsey B 22 Set-O-Matic rangefinder.  It still has a partially shot roll of film in it.  I'm going to guess at the speed and shoot through the rest of the roll.  May have some more "Found Photos" when I develop it. 

Bolsey B 22 by bac1967, on Flickr

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #1614 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »
Went to a camera show to unload a bunch of stuff. And I did.
However (doesn't there always seem to be an 'however') I couldn't resist a little Minox IIIs, so it followed me home.

Now, I've shot Minolta 16 cameras for 15 years so submini is not unknown to me. But this is TINY! Like 9.2mm wide tiny.
So, while I wait for some out of date film to arrive I've been busy building a film slitter, modifying a film developing reel and getting other things ready to process and print the film. Fortunately I have a Mimiya 16 Enlahead that should work for modest sized prints.

Now I intend to waste only tiny amounts of film.

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #1615 on: April 22, 2015, 03:53:41 PM »
Waiting for my first GF camera. Pacemaker:

Graflex_Pacemaker by AntonioTest, on Flickr

:-)

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1616 on: April 23, 2015, 05:34:22 AM »
Talk about opposite ends of the film scale there Antonio and John. Congrats!
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1617 on: April 28, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »
I just got my hands on a minty Minolta Hi-Matic E with a 40mm f/1.7 lens on it.
The batteries were still in it and were a real mess, but I managed to clean it good. Contacts are OK and the shutter fires with a 3v battery.
Francois

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #1618 on: April 29, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »
Francois - that's a real looker - I hope that you have fun with it.
Gimenosaiz - the Pacemaker is a looker too & looks to be in perfect condition
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1619 on: April 29, 2015, 10:12:55 PM »
It's a very nice looking camera, hope you get a lot of fun with that, Francois. I was quite close to buying one of those once, but then I found a very reasonable Olympus 35RC.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #1620 on: April 29, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »
50 sheets for $28?? Yes please!

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

6cmsquare

« Reply #1621 on: May 02, 2015, 05:57:06 AM »
So excited about this acquisition!  I've been wanting to play around with some tilt and swing, but wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger on a 4x5.
(sorry for the crappy phone-photo)
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1622 on: May 02, 2015, 08:06:45 PM »
Can you ever get too much of a good thing? Never!
There was a big rummage sale and I picked-up a minty 5$ Minolta STR-100 with the lens, box, amphoto instruction book and original receipt. And as a bonus, it came with the most important thing of all: a roll of mystery film!

Fantastic :)
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1623 on: May 02, 2015, 09:45:21 PM »
A colleague, on his last day of work gave me this, all 25kgs of it. What I am going to do with it heaven only knows.

Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1624 on: May 02, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »
eirik: well that's.... interesting. I have no idea what it is though haha.  ;D
is that a polaroid back? maybe some early documenting device.
makes me think of those old cool looking oscilloscopes with round displays

francois: I'd get it just for that official guide. my inner minolta geek is very pleased with you :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:57:30 PM by jojonas~ »
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1625 on: May 02, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »
It does look a bit like an oscilloscope camera... but I've never seen one with a viewing hood before.
If it is, they usually are not usable at infinity but have incredibly fast flat field lenses that are perfect for macro shots.
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1626 on: May 03, 2015, 09:00:44 AM »
Yepp, it is a Steinheil Oscilloscope camera. Steinheil Quinon 75mm f1.9 lens. Rear element coating seems to be eaten up by something, but otherwise in fine fettle.

The viewer is reflex and above and in front of the lens. Direct viewing, no through the lens stuff. The one back is a Polaroid 40-type. But should be easy enough tp adapt any type of back, the mount is just a channel into which you slide the back.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

kentish cob

• Peel Apart
  • I've a photographic memory, but it's out of film!
    • tony steers photography
« Reply #1627 on: May 03, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
The last few weeks have seen me suffering a full on attack of GAS...
55 & 135mm lenses for the Mamiya C330f, and a lovely 35-105 zuiko plus a focusing screen (no.13) for the OM.
All in very nice condition.

In mitigation, i did recently offload about 300 issues of Outdoor Photography & Black and White Photography magazines on "the bay" and had planned to re-invest... 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:11:38 PM by kentish cob »
Merveille de Bollwiller.
A hardy, vigorous and productive variety with large nuts!

http://www.steers-gallery.co.uk/
http://www.putaframearoundit.co.uk/

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #1628 on: May 04, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »
Just got my first Polaroid :)
A 635CL, only a basic model but I'm still happy, its also (for me) the classic polaroid shape from my childhood
Ordered a pack of film, needed a lie down when I saw the price for 8 shots but I'm sure I will recover

Also got a mint Canon Speedlite 200E, so now I have a genuine period correct flash for my EOS 3

Both for under £10

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1629 on: May 04, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »
Congrats Kayos, the 635CL is a very nice model (got one myself). It's not totally basic, it's got a close-up function and adjustable exposure which you will need with the Impossible films. I particularly like the the dual shutter release, with or without flash.
Myself, I went to the post office today to pick up the Konica Pearl IIIMX. It came with the original box and paperworks + a leather case. Everything seems to be in order but as already remarked the bellows are a bit weathered. The second picture shows the size of it compared to a Nikon 35TI and a Fuji GA645W. It might look like the 35TI is wider than the Pearl, but they are the same width to within one millimeter. The Pearl is 1cm thicker and double the weight of the 35TI. But the Fuji does look rather monstrous in comparison.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #1630 on: May 04, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »
I posted that in haste, and it seems it does have some decent features, still won't be using it much at £16 a pack of film tho

I know it's not what you got today but I've been eyeing 645's, I want a decent 120 camera that's not a TLR, I have a Kiev 60 but the less said about that the better.....

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1631 on: May 06, 2015, 05:19:36 PM »
I picked up this Canon AE-1 Program at an estate sale last weekend.  It's in great condition, even the battery is still good.  It was a kit that included a padded bag, Flash, Vivitar 28-135mm zoom lens, JC Penney 135mm lens, the FD 50mm f/1.8 lens pictured, a Canon strap and all of the manuals.  I already have an AE-1 so I'm not sure why I felt the urge to get this one, bad case of GAS.  I do have several FD lenses for it so we'll call it a backup so my lenses don't go to waste.

Canon AE-1 Program by bac1967, on Flickr

I picked up this Kodak Jiffy Six-20 at an antique store in Clarkston, Washington.  It seems to be in great condition, I love how the lens pops out when the button is pushed.  There was an unused roll of Plenachrome film in the camera, not sure how old it is.  It has a Twindar lens that can focus 5 - 10 feet and 10 feet to infinity.  It included the leather case that's still in great condition.

Kodak Jiffy Six-20 by bac1967, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1632 on: May 06, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
While coming back from the fabric store to pick-up a zipper stop, I stopped at my favorite antique store.
In the corner of the shop has been lying there for quite some time some photo paper of unknown vintage and unknown storage condition.

I asked Joe, the owner, how much he wanted for the paper. He told me that if I take it all he would make me a good price on it.
In the end, I filled-up a whole grocery bag and there was some stuff that didn't fit in. I also got 3 sets of film drying clips at the same time.

He told me the price, I paid the man and went back to the car.

I just have a few questions:
Was it GAS?
Was it a good deal or did I get screwed?

Here's the stuff and the price I paid for the whole lot...
Francois

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #1633 on: May 06, 2015, 07:45:40 PM »
You totally got robbed.  ;D
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #1634 on: May 06, 2015, 09:06:30 PM »
I'll give ya $6 for it.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1635 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »
I find it funny because some of the Kodak packages say "develop before 1963" :)

I also forgot to include in the set a pack of Ilford 16x20, some Kodak mounting tissue and a good helping of baked-on dust...

in the deal there's also a pack of unopened Ilford 5x7... some boxes of recent 8x10...
I just hope idiots didn't open the pack in broad daylight...
Francois

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1636 on: May 06, 2015, 10:06:24 PM »
I wouldn't complain :D

those boxes of graphic arts film seems interesting. lith film I guess? what was the general recommendation for developing those again if you want to use them photographically.... very diluted paper developer I think.

in the deal there's also a pack of unopened Ilford 5x7... some boxes of recent 8x10...
there's that ofcourse. good luck!
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1637 on: May 06, 2015, 10:31:03 PM »
Yeah, there's a few boxes of graphic art film. Somebody wrote on the boxes HC film... high contrast.
It can be developed in regular developer but the gradation won't be as harsh as when using lith dev. Also, they can't be handled under a regular safelight... they need a wratten red safelight. I'll probably end-up trying to use a red LED bulb or something like that.
Francois

GrainTrain

« Reply #1638 on: May 07, 2015, 06:05:43 AM »
A very belated birthday gift for myself. Leica M4-2 fitted with a Voigtlander 35mm f/2.5

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1639 on: May 07, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
A very belated birthday gift for myself. Leica M4-2 fitted with a Voigtlander 35mm f/2.5

Snap I have both of them, great camera and lens I also managed to get hold of a 70 year anniversary M4p with all paperwork for just a bit more than my M4-2

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1640 on: May 07, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »

Oooh, nice. Looks much better than my M4-2. I don't have the 35/2, but the 28/1.9 and 50/2.5 and a 35/1.2 (the latter on loan, but not used much - too big for the camera really).

You will enjoy this combo.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1641 on: May 07, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »
there's that ofcourse. good luck!
I started testing them last night.
Some of the packs contained cut-up sheets. They're still good for small prints so that's OK.
I had one of the packs that had only 3 sheets left in it that was totally shot. Pack was opened and the sheets completely exposed, but that's not such a big loss.
I had one pack that was opened but I discovered something interesting! The first sheet is completely shot near the envelope's opening. The second is iffy grayish at the same spot. I figured that the 3rd should be OK-ish. But apart from a small sliver of black at the top, the rest of the sheet is pretty good. So if I make wide borders, the center should be perfectly fine.

All the packs I tested were FB paper. A brand new experience for me. Some of the old Kodak packs were even single weight paper! Talk about flimsy :)

So far I tested about 10 of the packs and have been quite impressed. I was expecting more duds than that.

I'll probably keep on testing some more tonight.
Francois

GrainTrain

« Reply #1642 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:55 PM »

Oooh, nice. Looks much better than my M4-2. I don't have the 35/2, but the 28/1.9 and 50/2.5 and a 35/1.2 (the latter on loan, but not used much - too big for the camera really).

I haven't had a chance to put a roll through it yet, the lens arrived yesterday, as did a decent dump of snow (I still question why I live in Alberta). I'm pretty excited about it though, my first non-soviet rangefinder. I have a feeling that this will be replacing my daily driver.

Snap I have both of them, great camera and lens I also managed to get hold of a 70 year anniversary M4p with all paperwork for just a bit more than my M4-2

I was also presented with the opportunity to pick up a 70 year anniversary M4-P for a similar price to the M4-2 (without the box/paperwork) but, I'm not a fan of the red dot so naturally I went with the M4-2.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1643 on: May 07, 2015, 09:56:59 PM »

I haven't had a chance to put a roll through it yet, the lens arrived yesterday, as did a decent dump of snow (I still question why I live in Alberta). I'm pretty excited about it though, my first non-soviet rangefinder. I have a feeling that this will be replacing my daily driver.

I was also presented with the opportunity to pick up a 70 year anniversary M4-P for a similar price to the M4-2 (without the box/paperwork) but, I'm not a fan of the red dot so naturally I went with the M4-2.
I paid £650 for the Mint M4P my Leica collecting friend offered me £1750 2 days after I bought but it would have spent the rest of it's life in a cabinet,  with me it gets used every time I go out

GrainTrain

« Reply #1644 on: May 07, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »

I paid £650 for the Mint M4P my Leica collecting friend offered me £1750 2 days after I bought but it would have spent the rest of it's life in a cabinet,  with me it gets used every time I go out

I'm glad to hear that! Though some may disagree, I see it as a tool, not a display piece.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1645 on: May 07, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »

I'm glad to hear that! Though some may disagree, I see it as a tool, not a display piece.
I think he has about 30 different M models and very early 1,11 and 111's
He has 2 MP's 1 he bought for his 60th and it has never been opened

GrainTrain

« Reply #1646 on: May 07, 2015, 10:12:09 PM »

I will never understand that. Sure they will gain value over time, but, most of those collectors will bring everything they have to their grave. I think a camera is more beautiful the more it is used and whats more beautiful is what it's user creates with it.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1647 on: May 07, 2015, 10:15:32 PM »

I will never understand that. Sure they will gain value over time, but, most of those collectors will bring everything they have to their grave. I think a camera is more beautiful the more it is used and whats more beautiful is what it's user creates with it.
+1 I would love a very brassy MP they have more character,  my M4-2 is a bit worn works perfectly but the counter is not working but is a common problem with the M4-2 I think they replace is with an M6 part, mine will be fixed when it goes in for a CLA

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1648 on: May 07, 2015, 10:27:07 PM »
Everytime I see someone leave a Leica M in the cupboard, I feel bad. These cameras were made to be used, not gather dust.
Francois

GrainTrain

« Reply #1649 on: May 07, 2015, 11:28:46 PM »
Everytime I see someone leave a Leica M in the cupboard, I feel bad. These cameras were made to be used, not gather dust.

I couldn't agree more. I've been thinking about thinning out my collection in general. I feel like I don't use enough of my cameras as much as I should. On the other hand, I have a hard time parting with them.