Archive for January, 2008
Phew! We just made it online before January finally ran out of days, but we’re still averaging one show per month.
Renowned LA-based photographer, Aline Smithson, joined regulars Ed and Susan for the first podcast of 2008. Susan and Aline were fresh back from the excitement of Photo LA and Review LA, so there’s a lot of talk about that. The discussion topic for this episode was, “What’s The Most Difficult Thing We Face As Photographers”, so we kicked that around a bit too.
[N.B. Sorry that the sound quality is slightly worse than usual. Skype wasn’t on our side when we recorded the show]
- Aline’s pick is the new Photofile book, Man Ray (ISBN 0500410658).
- Her recommendation from Photo LA is Finnish photographer, Pentti Sammallahti. Link to the work here and here.
- Susan’s picks are Nine Francois and the 3 winners of the New Orleans Photo Alliance show, Toy Stories (photos below).
- Ed’s pick is Matt Stuart’s wonderful street photography
Winning entries in The New Orleans Photo Alliance show, Toy Stories:
- Best In Show: Matthew Yates, ‘Sold Mah Soul’.
More of Matt’s images @flickr
- Honorable mention: Warren Harold, ‘Boy Behind Fence’.
- Honorable mention: Rosana Salonia, ‘Little Man’.
(Click on images for larger versions)No comments