Archive for December, 2007
With Ed Wenn, Susan Burnstine, Damion Rice, Leon Taylor and Don Brice. We recorded this puppy according to the standard schedule (i.e. at the end of November), but then life conspired to prevent me from editing and uploading it until now. Aaargh! A million apologies to listeners and panellists alike for the inexcusable delay….I’m just glad I made it before Christmas and I hope that those of you who have a few days off over the next week or so will find some spare time to check out this latest episode.
We changed the format a little for the third show and moved more into “discussion” territory. Listening back to it this morning I actually think it worked out pretty well although there are a few pauses because we’re occasionally having to actually think before we speak.
- Damion’s pick is Martin Parr by Val Williams; a retrospective of Martin Parr’s work up 2000.
- Susan’s pick’s were the documentary film, Born Into Brothels: Calcutta’s Red Light Kids – watch it on YouTube – and Photo LA.
- Don’s pick was Portfolio magazine from the UK.
- Ed’s pick was printing out paper (POP). Click here for a UK stockist.
- Leon’s pick was Leros by Alex Majoli and the Spirit of the Season exhibition at The Independent Photographers Gallery, Battle East Sussex.
- Don recommends the work of David Dare Parker and A Photo Editor blog.